1st Wedding  I am a bit confused Lian's 70th Birthday? Is that correct? 

After reading your summary why did they choose to reveal his identity so early in the show then? I mean wouldn't have been better for him to have still hidden his identity and lien still saved him? Lol.

I wish they had shown a bit more backstory as context, like even though it was mentioned that Lian had a regular table it made seem like Kuae had been playing at The Gemini on a regular basis. So if  that was the case he would have seen him playing before and known who he was and not just through videos some one was sending him. 

Something I noticed on a second watch through is that they changed the timeline of Kuae and Daoi's friendship which I don't get. Cuz they're saying that they met in the UK at University. 

kairi_key:

Let me help you with the language and naming stuff.

Kilen/Qilin/Kirin doesn't mean "dragon" but it is a chinese mythical creature named Qilin that could resemble dragon.

Qilin is its Mandarin Chinese name.
Kirin is Japanese as well as Korean and in some other chinese dialects/languages for Qilin.
Kilen is how the Thais call this creature.

Lian, however I think, actually means dragon. I'm not sure in which of the chinese dialect it is, but it's definitely not Mandarin. And it definitely is the Thai rendition of the word because of how different it was from many chinese dialect reading of the word. According to wiktionary, the closest reading to Lian is possibly Hokkien reading.

I speak Hokkien at home, but I stupidly didn't realize that Lian might mean dragon in Hokkien. Previously, I thought it is the Thai version of Lin in QiLin. 

Anyway, in Hokkien, a dragon is pronounced Len or Leng, the exact same pronunciation as the Len in Kilen. So you might be correct that his name actually means dragon. Also, it is pretty common for Chinese/Japanese/Korean to name their son with a "dragon " character in his name. Never heard of somebody named Qilin before though.

We are people from the southeast of China... the dialog is Chaozhou or Chiuchow. Majority of the Chinese immigrants in Thailand is... myself included.... Lian or Le'ng sounds are dragon... my birth year (forced to learn LoL!).

Quilin is Kuea's first bike (BMW) so... not sure if it makes total sense.

This book recap is awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to recap, CityOfAngels. 

omg ty it was so helpful. especially since I'm struggling with finding the book to read it myself n English.

Tysm would love to hear more >///<

You're very welcome!  Hope that it help us enjoy the series a tad further... :)

I'm on KinnPorsch that would start airing 04/04/2022 if you are interested. I will let you know when I post the final Part if you Friend me.  

https://www.wattpad.com/story/305826336-kinnporsche-story-by-daemi-recap

I have a question about the book. So there must be a reason as to why Kuea's distrustful of his family and Lian. This kind of insecurity doesn't just happen overnight.  Did something happen when he was younger where there was something he was interested in and he was told he couldn't do it because of his status or he was in an activity or something and his parents didn't approve he had to withdraw. Cuz if he felt his parents and loved him unconditionally he wouldn't have felt the need to hide all these things, I think he even makes a comment to Lian about imprisoning him or stop him from doing things and Liam says all you have to do is tell me where you want to go.  So yeah you normally don't hide things about yourself unless there's a cause or a reason. 

Sorry for the late reply!. I was working on KinnPorsche.

So Kuea was raised in a traditional framework. So he thought that he has to always be sweet as a doll when he was  with his mom and in public with his dad... in a way, he was still very sweet deep down. He was engaged to Lian since birth... he was growing up think that Lian was expecting him to be like his own mother... sweet and stick tradition like.

Lian also mis-understood Kuea at first. He was engaged to Kuea before Kuea was born. He was trying his best to be good enough for Kuea so he was hiding also...  he tried to be financially wealthy, impeccable well-manner and how he was like with his friends. he put up that show... so he would match up with sweet Kuea.

They both would learn to accept each other as they real-self.

Yi and Diao were the pair with incident past. You may read their story in the other discussion.

The 70th birthday was for Lian's father.

CityOfAngels:

Sorry for the late reply!. I was working on KinnPorsche.

So Kuea was raised in a traditional framework. So he thought that he has to always be sweet as a doll when he was  with his mom and in public with his dad... in a way, he was still very sweet deep down. He was engaged to Lian since birth... he was growing up think that Lian was expecting him to be like his own mother... sweet and stick tradition like.

Lian also mis-understood Kuea at first. He was engaged to Kuea before Kuea was born. He was trying his best to be good enough for Kuea so he was hiding also...  he tried to be financially wealthy, impeccable well-manner and how he was like with his friends. he put up that show... so he would match up with sweet Kuea.

They both would learn to accept each other as they real-self.

Yi and Diao were the pair with incident past. You may read their story in the other discussion.

The 70th birthday was for Lian's father.

Thanks :)  I had figured that they were putting fronts for eachother but because the narrative is from Kuea's point of view we obviously have more of his thoughts and feelings on it then Lian. 

Hi ! Thanks for this book recap too ^^ While watching the serie I kept wondering about NuerSyn, they are a cute couple so do they have their own book too ? And does Nuer really like Kuea or is he just after his family's wealth and power ( I am a little sus cause he changed his major for him and knew about his family) ? 

Mizlight:

Hi ! Thanks for this book recap too ^^ While watching the serie I kept wondering about NuerSyn, they are a cute couple so do they have their own book too ? And does Nuer really like Kuea or is he just after his familly's wealth and power ( I am a litlle sus cause he changed his major for him and knew about his family) ? 

Apparently Nuer in the books is only used as a plot device in order to make Lian jealous. In the show they gave him a much bigger part and I haven't really seen him making Lian jealous lol

Mizlight:

Hi ! Thanks for this book recap too ^^ While watching the serie I kept wondering about NuerSyn, they are a cute couple so do they have their own book too ? And does Nuer really like Kuea or is he just after his familly's wealth and power ( I am a litlle sus cause he changed his major for him and knew about his family) ? 

I thought that maybe Nuer was blood-related to Kuea. He’s been trying to get close for some non-nefarious reasons. 

Nuer had a crush on Kuea. The books really didn't have much on him at all. The series created his role to be more...

As far as I know, Nuer just liked Kuea a lot and has been stalking him... Kuea's family is famous. Well-known last name.  They are not realted.

Lian was well aware that he had several competitors... 

Kuea as a Keerati's heir... a list of people want to be related to his mom and dad. His mom was asked to break the engagement with Lian... (that's in the book) 

or as Kirin with his fans... Of course

or Kuea as a very popular kid in his school... he had fans coming to watch him play soccer.  

Neua was not significant in the book... series may have it differently.

Oh and what about Syn ?  is NuerSyn a novel couple or just a series couple?