While Jun was opening the calendar, it was September. So, his blood cancer can't be cure over 3 months (which is realistic). He is not sure that he will survive so he planned best for Ra Ra.
I know we don't want this kind of surprise but calm down and think from Jun side too.

Also, Jun's mum never mentioned that he was dead. She only said he couldn't come anymore cos he was very ill. She also said Eunpo gave him so much happy memory to him which give him strength. Meeting after 5 years also show that they really love each other dearly too!

JUN IS NOT DEAD! AND HE IS NOT A GHOST!
Ra Ra said to Jun, "Thank you for coming back to me." (in the end)
Jun then said, thank you and blah blah blah and I Love you as a reply in the end.

===================================================================
Writer shouldn't surprise us with blood cancer from the first place but what can we do, she wants to surprise her viewers. XD
As a viewer, we can only accept and think from each character side or be positive. :D

===================================================================

Please don't "rate" base on last minutes/episode 16 cos Jun did what he thought best for Ra Ra. Think of all the happy moments we get from rest of the episodes too. Thanks. :D

I don't think there is one drama out there that is perfect so I give 10/10 to drama with few things I don't like. There is few heartbreaking moment but it was short compare to most drama.
Even if we write our own story/drama, we couldn't always say that it is perfect.

I give 10/10 for this drama! This is the most light-hearted drama I have watched in 2020!

Episode 16 was very exciting/thrilling for me cos I hope that Jun will come back in the end no matter what. 

I am glad that I didn't watched the outcome of episode 16 first or I would get spoiled and would not be excited/feel so happy! It is kind of challenging but I am very happy! :D :D :D

I love the music and piano play from episode 16 the most out of all the episodes. :D

I have friend who survived blood cancer, in my opinion ending is bit weak. should give more 30 minutes

Actually, Jun's mother said "he was sick". Not 'is sick', as in, he is currently sick, but he 'was sick'. It implies that he's not sick anymore, and since she's balling her eyes out, it was a safe bet that he had passed away, especially because she was executing his will. The writers used the plot line to deliberately make the viewers think he was dead. 

Call me crazy, but if my kid was sick and dying... I wouldn't go around telling people 'he was sick', when he is still sick.

I think by that time, Jun parent thought he cant survived. That's why eps 16 should be longer, we need more explanation :D

*THIS COMMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN EP 16 YET! * I think they decided to add the last scene at the last minute and the initial intention was to end the drama with him dead. It made more sense that way and passed the message of continuing living with happy memories someone gave you. But with this ending? It's like those who are ill have to distance themselves and only come back if they feel well...It's not true! After all he helped her in the hospital, right? She could have returned the favour and still be a teacher too. Also she forgave him for a lie like that? The last part is totally out of character for both! It also suggests that you should love only one man, since A) no one of the woman divorced. B) The divorced one came back to ex husband C) Ra Ra didn't have any other relationship after Jun. LIKE...REALLY? Is this the message the writer wants to give korean women?

Is this the message the writer wants to give korean women? 

It quite possibly is. I've joked from the beginning that the writer had this script laying around for 10 years because the drama feels so 2010ish. Your observation fits right in there.

The end does feel rushed more than anything else. I'd almost believed that Jun running towards Lala Piano Land would be 'in spirit' and that he'd pass through the doors, and RaRa would continue to play the piano with sad eyes but a smile on her face remembering all the memories of Jun. Given the viewers a bittersweet end where Jun is still with RaRa in such moments. But what we got instead caught me off guard. I froze mid sob and was looking at the screen all confused and just a liiiitle bit betrayed.

But again, I cannot blame anyone else but the writers team or whoever decided they need to end the show like that. I hate to see the ratings drop so low! The show deserved much better. Agreed there were tropes and not ultra-progressive plots. But let's not ignore the fact that there were still elements to the show that should be appreciated. 

• We have a single mother, successfully handling her own business. 
  • A 30-something woman trying to have a baby, not because she has to, but because she wants to.
  • There are kids who are allowed to do what they want rather than be herded into colleges and work jobs they would hate,
  • Yes, none of the members of TWD divorced their partners, but none of them really showcased any toxic relationships either, it felt like good-natured bickering and quarrelling that most south-asian middle-aged couples have.
  • There is a 'tough guy' who breaks the stereotypes and manages the home he is renting immaculately.
  • And the way that I look at it, even though Jun didn't open up to everyone about his illness and chose to keep it a secret, it just teaches me that things would have been so much better for everyone if he had opened up and told everyone. There would be people by his side helping him. If that doesn't teach me to do better myself if I ever get into such a situation, then I don't know what will. 

I think creators can try with all their might, but everyone still perceives things in their own way. My interpretations of things when I see them is going to be different than the next viewer. I look at someone doing something bad/taking a bad decision on screen and I tell myself not to repeat that as I can see the consequences of it. There might be people who have a different approach.

I would still stand by the fact, that the show is so much more than just the way it ended. I wish people would notice that rather than just follow the ratings or drop it by reading about the end. If shows were rated purely on the basis of how they were ended, I'm sure a LOT of top shows *cough* Goblin *cough* wouldn't be top shows anymore.

I agree with  everything that people are saying here. When I first saw this episode, I was angry and felt this entire thing sucked. I let my emotions from the shock of the episode led me to believe all the other feelings I had for this drama prior to this moment were no longer valid. Which is why I initial rated it low. I took sometime and rewatched from beginning to end, and I am glad that I did. Knowing the shocker that is episode 16, I was able to fully re interpret things that characters said and did, and it was still lovely.