What is this about Xiao Wu getting poisoned?? Duh. This character is the peak of damsel in distress in the second half of the novel and the drama chooses to make her a damsel even earlier. 

OniBro:
I honestly don't know what they're going to be planning to do with the Dugu Bo and TS dynamic.

Tang San proficient with poison is connected deeply with his past live along with his knowledge regarding herbs. So, high chance they will scrap any plot regarding Dugu Bo poisoned state. The problem is, this plot with Dugu Bo, herbs in Ying Yang pool is an important for later story with Tang San mother recovery. I fear that they will change his mother background ...... so they would not need to bother with Tang San change of appearance later on, too.

Don’t think there’s any way TS’s mom could be anything other then a 100k year spirit beast, that’s a super central plot point... they can simply just skip TS changing appearances, that was a fairly minor point anyways, rly only affected HLN. Maybe HLN can just acquire amnesia or blindness, no TS appearance change needed 

@Singularity 

The thing is that some of the marketing material has TS having blue hair or some bluish highlights for his hair, so I don't think they're scrapping that. 

OniBro:
The thing is that some of the marketing material has TS having blue hair or some bluish highlights for his hair, so I don't think they're scrapping that.

Is that so? I thought it is only some coloring to make the poster prettier ..... I am expecting a change in hairdo at the very least if they indeed will go ahead with Tang San appearance change. Honestly at this point, I only want to see how much the drama destroyed the original. I have no hope the drama of getting better. 

By the way, I saw some clip about Ma Hong Jun in some fighting arena. Mind filling me what is the context? Are we in tournament arena arc? Because the arena looks like illegal boxing match ...

@Xien_Rue

That was their interpretation of when Xiaogang sent them to fight in the soul arena to train. It was literally like 2 episodes of nothing in terms of action because it seems like none of the combatants were even soul masters in the drama tbh, so they would see MHJ's soul and just forfeit. They did it like a gag, so we just see his opponents in bandages due to him going berserk. MHJ's martial soul defect in the  drama is that he goes berserk btw, so that's also why you see him there, but don't expect any action aside from him doing the same pose and throwing fire balls or him walking around menacingly to show that he's in berserk mode. MHJ fights in the arena to try and bring it under control, we never actually see XW, TS, or anyone else fight in the arena btw. We see Dai Mu Bai, but he's also just regulated to throwing white sparkles the most part with an occasional flying punch or kick. DMB's one appearance in the arena is just him doing that against MHJ to train him. 

OniBro:
That was their interpretation of when Xiaogang sent them to fight in the soul arena to train. It was literally like 2 episodes of nothing in terms of action because it seems like none of the combatants were even soul masters in the drama tbh, so they would see MHJ's soul and just forfeit.

Thank you for the info. What the .......!!! Aaaaarghhhh!!

I watched the preview for episode 19. I think the drama will try to dramatize the way that shrek 7 devil finally accepting Tang San as the brain of the team. In a way, it gives the audiences some emotional line. But in other way, it just highlights Tang San inferiority complex.

@onibro - I will be back later but just wanted to add that this arena annoyed me so much for the pure bs logic of I have no money to pay off what I owe. Um. I don't know boys but this arena around you and oh I don't know, a fight or ten for Tang San and look, this magical thing called money ?

I did not have time to look around a lot today but book people were frothing at the mouth at just the first glance. I am not sure I want to watch the new stuff. Not without alcohol anyway. 

the drama is a complete mess..... 

Euphoria:

the drama is a complete mess..... 

From original fans point of view. There are people out there who are still praising this drama. Perhaps for people without prior knowledge, this kind of drama is quite engaging.

Xien_Rue:

From original fans point of view. There are people out there who are still praising this drama. Perhaps for people without prior knowledge, this kind of drama is quite engaging. 

true, but i still feel like it's cuz of Xiao Zhan. I mean I watch Xiao Si's Ice Fantasy with enjoyment bc Ma TianYu was there. I wouldn't have enjoyed that ppt without him

the drama is just... i'm a donghua fan and i'm probably going to start on the book later but i have to say i literally was at the brink of tears of how they ruined my favorite donghua everything from the character's personality to just.. i can't even bring myself to type it, the minute i saw hue li na i gagged cause what was the point everything is so annoying and everytime i finish an episode i'm left wondering wtf did i just watch

also i'm at episode 10 but rong rong hasn't shown up yet so before i even CONSIDER even watching more i have to ask is she going to be part of it?

Rong Rong is coming and I kinda like how the actress is giving life to her. Very annoying first but I kinda like her. A bit more than in the donghua, I must admit.

Euphoria:

true, but i still feel like it's cuz of Xiao Zhan. I mean I watch Xiao Si's Ice Fantasy with enjoyment bc Ma TianYu was there. I wouldn't have enjoyed that ppt without him

For Xiao Zhan fans, perhaps but there are also people who like the genre.

Shrimpy:
I have to ask myself what was the point of "adapting" or rewriting Douluo Dalu in the first place?

EXACTLY 

They say one shouldn't render judgement until a work is completed.  Ok fine.  But the fact is, censorship gutted the original Tang Sect hidden weapon premise and I don't see how they're going to believably incorporate it unless they change EVERYTHING.  At that point, there's no longer any reason to call it Douluo Dalu.  And that doesn't even address all the other events that'll probably get nixed/censored as well:  Slaughter City, the Yin/Yang Well, the entire Sea God Trials. etc., all of which are VITAL to explaining power-ups and events later in the story.  The biggest strength of the novel is the imaginative power system that's uniquely grounded in reality, unlike most other Chinese anime I've seen.  Cutting/censoring elements deemed unacceptable means violating the laws by which it operates or rewriting the whole power system LOL.  I'm fine with the latter as long as it's believable.  But they won't do that: they'll make the necessary edits in the vain hope that it 'sticks', leaving massive consistency holes in their wake.  Idk, maybe I'll be wrong.  I hope so.  Like a lot of other source material/donghua followers, I may have been more open-minded about the drama if they'd admitted it has no relationship to the novel..

And it isn't as if the novel is perfect either.  The tournament arcs went on WAY too long; the villains were horribly underdeveloped; XW is one of the worst damsel/useless characters ever written (mostly the second half); TS x XW go from endearingly cute/youthful to melodramatic crap; HLN should have been the FL love interest; Qian Renxue started off interesting then became another ridiculous TS-wanting loli; GrandMaster's thing with his cousin/Er Long was creepy; the Sea God trials were basically an excuse for a rapid, massive power-up of the MCs; the political intrigue between SH, HD, and SD was rather superficial; and Bibi Dong's motivations for warring with Heaven Dou made no logical sense at all since she herself hated SH.  

They can call us haters/trolls all they want, but at the end of the day I've yet to see anyone offer compelling rebuttals to our arguments LMAO.