Xien_Rue:
Tell you the truth, I suspect lots of those who claimed as "familiar with original" and yet still praises this drama into the sky are just actor fans in disguise. Perhaps only did some quick goggle search on the novel/donghua. I don't imply that there is no original fan that can enjoy the drama, but their comment will has a different flavor with those fakers. 

A pure drama fans usually will be more tolerant toward original fans complain and even will be curious on just how much better the original is. Well, of course there are some exception since I know the younger generation just dislike reading and prefer anything to be presented in audio-visual instead. I don't how is it in your region, but it is what I observed from mine.  

exactly what I was thinking

and it's the same here.

*popping in the sanctuary* 

Since the end of the live-action show, I was so into the story that I started binging the donghua. Since finishing with the donghua, I also started the novel (and to some degree the comics, but not as into that). 

I loved live-action show (it's not perfect), but it was a really good show. But now I totally get why it invoked such negative reaction from donghua fans.

It's unfortunate - because the donghua is SOOOO good. The TV show is actually also good, but can't even compare.

It's like comparing apple - the delicious kind. Crisp and sweet, and it's really good.

to the donghua, which is like a strawberry - dipped in chocolate, covered by nut, maybe even with a dollop of icecream (on certain ep). -- I loved the live-action finale episode, but compared to the donghua Tang Hao return... wow... 

Now, onto the novel...

(But to say why bother adapting to live-action if it can't be compared, I'd say I'm glad that they did. Otherwise, I may not have discovered the donghua. I'm glad to have found it... Except 15 min every week should be classified as cruel and unusual! ;p)

*popping back out*

Jeannie Chan:
Except 15 min every week should be classified as cruel and unusual!

God yes.

They've only recently started releasing episode of Swallowed Star, and I know how long that novel is. It's gonna take YEARS, at 15 minutes a week. It's been bad enough trying not to go bald (from tearing my hair out) with the Soul Land releases, and now Swallowed Star as well ... !?!!

'Tis my fate to be a female baldie it appears.

Hello! The live action brought me to the anime which brought me to the novel which brought me here. I am new to all these and I am hoping that one of you can direct me where I can find a better English version of the novel? Thanks for helping out this newbie. 

shao the bad witch:

I personally think Blue Silver Translations is the best. 

Thanks. Do you have a link or a site I can access this? 

colay17:

Thanks. Do you have a link or a site I can access this? 

just search that name up

Euphoria:

just search that name up

I got it, thanks! 

hi there, does anyone know their ages in the novel?

Kapetria:

hi there, does anyone know their ages in the novel?

hahahahaha, at the beginning it's t- t- 12... lmao

Euphoria:

hahahahaha, at the beginning it's t- t- 12... lmao

thanks,

The hidden weapons could have at least looked like a little better.  Even without expensive CGI they could have just 3D printed some of them and painted all shiny with metallic paint.  But instead we got a bunch ugly looking weapons.  

This adaptation is truly disappointing for me.  It would have been better if the show was marketed as a new drama with a hint of douluo dalu instead of an adaptation of douluo dalu. It would have made more sense that way since the characters and story are too different from the novel.

Yeah they totally destroyed the IP. I almost hate Xiao Zhan cuz bc of his fans, no bili bili up masters are willing to stand out and diss this IP. Not even the ppl I know is known to do this kind of stuff. Now that the Lost Tomb Cloud High Palace is out and there are a bunch of videos dissing them. But no one did the same for DD. Why? Cuz Xiao Zhan everyone's afraid to. I'm starting to hate him

Euphoria:

Yeah they totally destroyed the IP. I almost hate Xiao Zhan cuz bc of his fans, no bili bili up masters are willing to stand out and diss this IP. Not even the ppl I know is known to do this kind of stuff. Now that the Lost Tomb Cloud High Palace is out and there are a bunch of videos dissing them. But no one did the same for DD. Why? Cuz Xiao Zhan everyone's afraid to. I'm starting to hate him

Oh? But I saw lots of complain in Douban forum when it was airing though. And there were videos in Bilibili complaining. But yes, I don't see any tucao video. Let me check again with Bilibili.

As far as I can see it, people just got tired dealing with Xiao Zhan fandom.

Xien_Rue:

Oh? But I saw lots of complain in Douban forum when it was airing though. And there were videos in Bilibili complaining. But yes, I don't see any tucao video. Let me check again with Bilibili.

As far as I can see it, people just got tired dealing with Xiao Zhan fandom. 

They're way too toxic