@Mariola You're more than welcome and thank you for your recs too.

I know what you mean about being surprised. I was surprised when I started watching dramas 2.5 yrs ago and I saw how they kissed! I was like what the heck??? LOL, but then I watched my first drama with some real nudity in it (can't remember what it was now) and that was a shock to my system because I couldn't believe I was watching a K-drama! I was like whoa! But it's all good. I think I prefer the nudity to all the prudishness, to be honest. 

I drink, but the thing I don't like about alcohol in K-dramas is that the dramas kind of indirectly promote drinking as a healthy way to deal with problems. As soon as a character is faced with a personal crisis, he or she backs out the soju (or the scotch if you're a chæbol). Then they proceed to gulp it down like a fish until they pass out or are so drunk they can't stand up. When you abuse alcohol like that, it's no better than sniffing coke and saying hey it's okay to do this if your life is messed up. They both lead to the same destructive outcome. And yet, most k-drama characters are budding alcoholics! Probably already are alcoholics even though it's not acknowledged by the script. 

It's incredible to me that Korea (and other Asian countries) has such strict censorship on TV content, whereby they won't even make the characters kiss properly, like normal human beings, because you know ... let's not corrupt the kids. But they have no qualms encouraging drunkenness as an acceptable way to deal with emotional problems. I'll never understand it, I guess this cultural difference is what make these dramas all the more interesting to watch.
I did not watch any HONG KONG dramas, and barely any CHINESE too.... Any recommendations from this list??? \
http://www.drama-tube.com/drama-series/
OH my goodness! @PrettyCarEye you could have not said these things about drinking and censorship better!! Well said! I was thinking the same thing exactly. But that happens not only in Asia, some European countries do the same thing! They escape into drinking like it's going to save them or something. That is also what I did not like in Kdramas. Plus not everyone drinks in Korea, so why do they make all people drink?? Also taking a dump and talking about going to the bathroom in Kdramas is such a natural way, but when it comes to kissing its like WOW!!! such a taboo!! That makes me laugh sometimes - how crazy the concept is! 
Haha, so true @mariola! All the toilet humour is crazy ... and disgusting! lol 

I know it doesn't only happen in Asia, but I feel it happens more there than here. I may be wrong though as this is just my perception. On Western (broadly used to describe North America & Europe) TV in my experience it's not so normalized to drown your sorrows in a bottle. The average character will have a drink or two, but it's rare to seem them actually drink until they turn over. When a character drinks so much he passes out or can't stand up it's either because he's already an alcoholic, on his way to becoming an alcoholic or it's untypical behaviour spurred by an extremely devastating event. Plus, more variety in how people deal with emotional distress is shown - some drink, some exercise, some fight etc - not everybody swipes out a bottle. In K-dramas, however, no matter the issue, large or small, male or female, it would seem the bottle is always the first and only option. And they drink like its going out of fashion. lol They drink to numb themselves, pass out and forget, which is basically what professional drunks do. They abuse alcohol to deal with personal problems, to escape ... until it becomes a sickness. So yes, while you see it on Western TV too, I don't think it's necessarily portrayed as an acceptable way to deal with your problems, as is done in K-drama, esp if you're just regular Joe good guy and not a character that's specifically developing an alcohol habit. Like you said, not everyone in Korea drinks. Some people release their stress in other ways, but mostly we only see them turning to the bottle. 

Sometimes, though, I wonder if maybe they do it to dramatize how serious the problem the character is facing is. But, if the writing is done properly, we will have already understood this.

As for C-dramas, you can try Loving, Never Forgetting. I quite liked it, though it was by no means perfect.
Early 30's male here (very special club!) and I really like almost any kind of drama outside of girls pretending to be boys.. I just can't get into those.
56-male.
I think I would like the same kind of dramas now, as I would in my 20's.
I like thrilers, but That doesn;t mean, I have anything against a great love story, or a great comedy.

I watch anything I like.