What dramas you like to watch or would like to see if you are in your 30s, 40s, or 50s+ 
Any of you in these group category like more mature dramas or do you find some of them a little immature for your age?
I personally like all of them, even the young high school one even they seem to be a little childish for my middle age :) I would like to see more dramas for more mature audience out there too. I wish some of the topics would include more fun family and kids funny stories. One of my favorites was a drama called STARS FALLING FROM THE STARS about 5 super cute kids, but I also love pure romantic dramas such as LIE TO ME or PRINCESS MAN or SCENT OF THE WOMAN. For me realistic dramas are good, but I love to dream so I love Cinderella type of dramas when things don't really happen in a real life, but on the screen. 
I'll be falling into the "40s" category this month, and I enjoy them all: young adult/high school, the more mature/serious ones, and those with mature/adult content.

I've watched a lot of dramas over the years, and the only one I've dropped because I felt it was "too young" for me, was Dream Knight.  But... that wasn't the only reason I didn't like it.  What really put me off was the silly, over-the-top comedic aspects, and the stiff, awkward acting.
I'm in my early 30s and I prefer to watch more mature/serious type dramas by adults for adults. To me most dramas, but esp K/Tw-dramas, are quite silly and immature so good, mature dramas are more the exception than the rule, and more likely to be found in genres other than romance.

For eg, J-dramas are pretty great, always mature and true to life, but they hardly do romance, and when they do, it's often not the satisfying kind that you can escape into. Of course, a lot of people like that, so if that's what you're into, then j-dramas are golden. I personally tend to prefer more epic, fated love kind of romances like The Princess' Man.

With romance and love comes sex and intimacy (kissing, hugging, cuddling).

But a lot of dramas skirt around issues of sexuality and intimacy, which I often find a bit frustrating because instead of making the characters act naturally for their age and circumstances many dramas resort to childish antics or comedy (mostly happens in k/c/tw dramas from my experience) to avoid the characters being intimate. In j-dramas they tend to focus on everything else other than the romance - family drama, solving a mystery or something like that, then they get to the romance almost as an afterthought (even when it's supposedly a 'romance' drama). lol

I also think 'maturity' depends on the culture you identify with. For some viewers a roundabout, leave everything to the imagination way of portraying romance is preferable, while for others, like me, we want more 'action', so to speak. 

I'm not talking about explicit love scenes, but I'd like to see less overall awkwardness and more 'real' kissing rather than stiff, eyes wide open kissing. 

A relationship that's portrayed with natural chemistry and genuine closeness between the lovers. We know when 2 people are in love, they're intimate with each other (they kiss, they cuddle, they make love). It seems weird to me, not showing that intimacy, at all or in a very awkward, unbelievable way. You have some shows where a couple never kiss for the entire show or they have one paltry kiss and that's it. I don't like that.  

Anyway, with this in mind here are few 'mature' dramas I've watched and liked: 

Lovers
City Hall
MARS 
Aishiteru to Ikketure
It's Okay, That's Love
Loving, Never Forgetting
A Good Wife
Buzzer Beat

These dramas are not just mature in terms of the intimacy level, but also in subject matter, atmosphere and how the characters behave. 
You don't have much of a list so I'm not sure if you've seen any of these already.

I agree. I grow so tired of those silly memes.  My favorite shows that address life as an adult are "It's ok, that's love" and "Gentlemen's Dignity". While the cast in "Coffee Prince" is young, I liked that there was a unique topic regarding LGBT-ish issues.  That was unique and more adult-like.  I'm sure there are others but they are not common.
I agree with your opinions above. Have you seen HOTEL KING or THAT WINTER THE WIND BLOWS or ANGLE EYES?  Gentlemen's Dignity, It's Ok, That's love or Heart to Heart or Scent of the Woman were good too. I also wish in many ways Korean dramas would quit the 'PLASTIC" kiss I call it when they kiss like dolls with open eyes. It's better not kiss at all. One thing I also dislike is them being a little loud K-dramas or T-dramas when  a girl screams like a baby instead of open conversation. sometimes that is kind of too loud for me. I wish there was more eye contact, more chemistry between leads too. LIE TO ME has some most hot kisses and chemistry I find. I absolutely love the housewarming party and the cola kisses. That drama gets me the most goosebumps till today.  Sometimes I laugh because in Kdramas talking about bathroom issues is more open than kissing :)
Forgot to add this couple that you would enjoy too much ; MARRIAGE, NOT DATING / SECRET / BOSS AND ME/ and SOMEONE LIKE YOU. 
@Mariola I'm not sure if your response is directed at me, but I'll answer anyway!! :)

I have chosen not to watch Hotel King, Angel Eyes and Marriage, Not Dating. Hotel King and Angel Eyes just strike me as too makjang and Marriage, Not Dating apparently has a very intense love triangle and a frustrating push/pull relationship between the leads that I can't really be bothered with. 

However, I have seen Secret and Boss & Me and I enjoyed both, though Secret a little bit less so. I'm planning to watch Someone Like You & That Winter, the Wind Blew.

I find it funny that you like Lie to Me. So do I, but there are soooo many of my friends and other MDL folks who think it's a ridiculous drama. LOL I can't really fathom why so many people hate it. I quite liked it. I've liked Yoon Eun-Hye since her Coffee Prince days and I liked her here too. She's one of those actresses who doesn't act all goody goody, she kind of owns her sexuality in a subtle way so for her a kiss is the real deal. No flat faced business. I've got to be honest and say it's one of the reasons why I like the girl. Sure, Lie To Me had its fair share of crazy WTF moments (like towards the end when she goes off looking for 'treasure'), but for the most part it was enjoyable and I appreciated the attempt at portraying a more believable intimate relationship, even if it didn't hit the spot full 100%.
PrettyCarEye ..... so totally agree with your on Lie to Me. When I watched it first on Netflix (my first K-drama) I liked it but it did not move me the way it did after I watched it 2nd time couple years later. Something had happened to me after rewatching it, and it hit a tender spot in my heart. Then, I got hooked on it. Whenever I felt like I wanted to watch something that warms my heart -it was no doubt LTM. The more I watched, the more I liked it. Now when I feel like I want to see something good I just watch it again! I think from that drama alone I learned so many Korean words it's scary! I would be memorizing dialogue soon I think. LOL. As for other people who watched that drama and they did not like it - I guess it's eye of the beholder reaction. We all are different. For example I dropped  I HEAR YOUR VOICE when most of the people loved it. I found it overrated, and stopped on episode 9 :( Still did not finish. We all have different tastes and preferences. My is Lie to Me drama. Even the crazy moments in it became sweet after rewatching it :) I simply find the main leads having all true love can have: their body movements, kisses and gestures say all - it's like watching not acting but a real thing for me :) .......... by the way : That Winter the Wind Blew I enjoyed too. Watch this one 1st. 
@Mariola 

Very true. It's all in the taste. I didn't even look side ways at I Hear Your Voice. Not only do I tend not to like noona romances (it's not really that I don't like them, I just don't like how they're done in Korean dramas), but I'm also not very fond of the leads. Both of them are on my blacklist so it was a natural choice for me not to watch it. I felt even more confident in my decision when friends whose opinion I listen to gave it the same verdict as you: overrated with an absurd plot line, esp when it came to the female lead and her profession. I'm pretty sure IHYV's hype is linked to the male lead who is an 'idol' for many. I can't really deal with the guy, his face kinda creeps me out, but the younger girls love him! Anyway, that's usually the case ... when a drama is hyped up on MDL there's a very good chance I won't like it or it turns out to be a perfectly 'meh' type of drama for me. It has happened so many times I've lost count. Queen In Hyun's Man, Cruel City, Healer, KMHM ... I mean, they are all okay dramas, but none of them lived up to the hype. I was mostly underwhelmed (in fact I ended up dropping QIHM, though I'm considering picking it back up since I only had 1 ep left) while shows I thought were really great (like Lovers & City Hall) didn't really find an audience.
@PrettyCarEye..... we must be very similar in likes:... noona romance, nothing against them, topic all good, but the way they do them it's just kind of out of taste for me, and I agree, why do they have a bad taste in picking leads that even don't match the role well. For example all I LOVE ROMANCE, I dropped because the lead ladies were just too noisy and untasty, but I don't mind that topic at all. If they plan to cover a cool or new topic they should do it better and with less exaggeration.  I have not seen Lovers & City Hall yet, but as it looks our tastes in dramas are similar I am going to give it a try. Look, not many people liked Lie to Me and we both enjoyed it so I am going to follow your lead in dramas I have not seen yet, and see what happens :) 
I am 55 an I have a special liking for the young love stories and school stories. Give me a silly romance any day. Ah the memories :P
@Mariola - as part of the Ajumma team I am perplexed by the queries we face, when a vast majority swirl around around HS-ish, post-HS dramas, or twenty something level stories to which I have no idea about since most real Ajummas have kids, grandkids that are the same age in the drama's - thus giving me a rather "pervy" feeling when trying to answer about uber youthful dramas which I cannot relate or just feel voyeuristic watching the kids onscreen . Every once in awhile we get queries that require our mature viewpoint making me reflect on what the real definition is an Ajumma. 
Most of the drama's today star actors who are YOUNG who lack the depth of experience & acting chops to pull off any serious and mature topics thus the lighter fare in drama we are getting.  That said, "Secret Love Affair" with deserved attention - YAI demonstrated acting depth against his senior lead KHA, to keep the onscreen chemistry smoldering.However it was not met with the same watching vigor of HEIRS or Pinocchio (which I could not watch) thus not rewarding & promoting the actors or writers to do more mature drama, which is the fate of more mature subject matter drama. For me I perfer dramas that have mature actors who hit my four points: 1. know how to talk and not have phone relationships via texts 2) know how to kiss  (notable-IOTL waterfall kiss demonstrated two actors who know how to act and have been kissed& kiss before or Frozen Flower-steamy). 3. Sleep together like adults do in real life (notable-H:Heart did a great job of this early and throughout discussion of sex) 4. ON-Screen chemistry of leads (notable- CityHall - Last Scandal - Divorce Lawyers)
There are many good mature drama's out there according to your mood and taste for me I'm always in search of one that strikes a cord with my mood - as long as the 4pts above are checked off. Consider reading @Ask An Ajumma to get a more mature viewpoint or rec's.
Oh dear, I hope I won't lead you astray @Mariola haha
I don't want to build up your hopes too much, but personally I really loved these two dramas. If you get around to watching them, I hope they'll be to your taste. They're from the same screenwriter as A Gentleman's Dignity. I noticed you mentioned it in your recommendation to me above so I'm guessing you liked it? If you liked the tone and vibe of AGD, then you can pretty much expect the same in City Hall and Lovers. 

Be aware of the backdrop these dramas are set against as depending on your taste, that may or may not influence on your enjoyment. Lovers is about a reforming gangster falling in love with a minister's daughter. It's part crime drama and part romantic drama with some comedic elements, but more the latter than the former. Excellent chemistry between the leads with witty, intelligent, playful banter. Some people didn't like the gangster backdrop, but since I love the crime/gangster genre it was great for me! 

City Hall is set in the world of politics. I don't really like politics so there were a few boring bits for me (that's one of the reasons I gave it an 8), but again what's great about this drama is the chemistry between the leads. The characters are well matched. They both acted like adults, I felt a real connection between them. Cha Seung Won is great as the opportunistic politican vying for the South Korean presidency and Kim Sun Ah shines as the erudite country girl who sweeps him off his feet. lol It's really cute, in a grown-up sort of way.

This screenwriter tends to write for female audiences, aged 30 - 45. There's a pattern to her stories and she doesn't shy away from using cliches, but she offers up very satisfying romances with lots of humour and strong chemistry between her main characters. Even though her shows might appear as very standard K-drama fare she challenges herself to come up with situations in which the cliches kind of fit into the story she's telling. So they feel less arbitrary compared to other dramas, imo. I've read a lot of interviews where she explains her process. She says she likes cliches, and that the process of finding stories that can make the cliches seem fresh & logical is exciting and challenging for her. She hates 'fish' kissing and warns the actors she works with that if they accept a role in her drama they have to kiss like real people. I loved her the moment I read that! haha

That said, I don't like all her dramas. Favourites, in order of preference, have been Lovers(10), AGD(9), City Hall(8), Secret Garden(6), Lovers in Prague(5), The Heirs(3).

With SG, I didn't like the female lead and the story was kind of not so engaging. The chemistry didn't fly off the screen like in her other dramas, and I found the characters a tad bit juvenile (something that's not very usual for her shows). Lovers in Prague is the 2nd drama in her 'Lovers' series (Lovers in Paris, pt 1; Lovers in Prague, pt 2; Lovers pt 3) and  was disappointing because this was from very early on in her career. It was clear to me she hadn't found her voice yet, her process, so she kind of followed in the footsteps of most other K--dramas with the frustrating (as opposed to somewhat refreshing) way of using cliches and awkward intimate interactions. What's funny is that right after this drama, she did Lovers, which I thought was great! So it goes to show that with each new drama she gets better and better. Except for Heirs.

Heirs was a misstep in her career. It's a drama for young adults and teenagers, an audience she doesn't usually write for and unfortunately she did a poor job of it. Heirs was really repetitive and boring. The drama was star-studded, but many people feel she wasted a very talented cast. Then there's Park Shin Hye in the lead role. That girl is on my blacklist; the way she kisses ... ::eyeroll:: 

So yeah, this writer is definitely a hit and miss, but her hits have been very good to me so that's why I still follow her career. She has a new drama coming up in October, Descendants of the Sun, and I'm excited, but then I'm not. I like the cast individually as people and actors, but I can't see them having good chemistry on screen. Song Joong Ki still looks like a high school kid even though he recently left the army. Next to his more mature looking leading lady, Song Hye Kyo, something just doesn't feel right. They look more like brother & sister to me, rather than lovers. So I'm worried about that. I had the same problem with Secret Garden where I felt Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin did not have good chemistry. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see.

P.S Thnks for the tip on TWTWB. I plan to watch it in the near future. I like the cast and I'm familiar with the story, having watched the movie its based on. Sorry for yet another long post! :)
PrettyCarEye.... thank you very much for a long post, and no apologies! It is very informative indeed and I like it. Funny you say that you don't like politics (so do I) but I will give City Hall a try, just because you say other things were good in it. Another fact, Secret Garden.... it was Ok for me, but I did not go nuts over it and liked the end only, and few romantic scenes that's about it. Never watched Hairs although people were going nuts over it, and somehow I don't know if I want to watch it at this time... maybe in the future. Laughing now as you mentioned Lovers... You said it's a story of reforming gangster falling in love with ministers daughter... haha that shall be good! There is so many dramas I still have to watch. I have to tell you, the weirdest one with the extreme sexual content drama was TEMPTATION OF EVE - very short 4 episodes that have some freak and a lot of nudity content, but the plots are shocking. I would say allowed only 21 year up. That one shocked me because I would never expect it to be so open. This website has all dramas including TOE. If you are brave, give it a try and see....  http://www.drama-tube.com/drama-series/
Oh and I agree too @Mariola about the overly emotional and shrill female leads. I mean, when they have women behaving like that it kind of unfairly minimizes the male lead's own faults! Because really who wants to deal with a woman like that??? I wouldn't and I'm female my damn self! haha. Thankfully, because I'm so picky with what I watch these days I mostly avoid these type of heroines, but you can't completely stay clear of them in dramaland. I intend to watch I Need Romance, 1 & 2,, and I somehow had a feeling from the get-go that they'd feature less than reasonable female leads. That's why I initially chose not to watch them, but for some reason I can't remember now I changed my mind. We'll see if I end up dropping them like you! :)

Hehe, I have seen Temptation of Eve! I really liked the first story, the one with the cop. While I'm not necessarily looking for this level of intimacy in a TV show, I don't mind it as long its relevant to plot / the situations the characters find themselves in. Another decent one is Bang Ja Chronicles. It's based on a Korean folktale called Chunhyang and you can find it on Netflix. I had already seen two movies featuring the story so the drama didn't really offer any new twists, but if you don't know the story and haven't seen any of the movies, it may be a pleasant surprise. Since I like the story I was still able to enjoy it. It was pretty hot!! :)
I agree @PrettyCarEye two things drive me nuts in Kdramas.... drunk women (and every one has them) plus super overreacting screaming women (and they have them two). As a woman I don't do both because I feel it's degrading to us. No matter how much I love dramas, those two aspects I see so often in there somehow turns me off but because men portrayed in those dramas are always gentlemen it turns out to be less scary at the end :)

Temptation of Eve was shocking because I was not use to it and that was the 1st time I saw so  much nudity and blood in Kdramas!! - not that I have seen less in American movies haha, but because Kdramas don't have that - it was very surprising LOL>   Will watch the recommended pick on Netflix sometimes next week. Thank you :)