Hey!!

So I keep having flashbacks about a drama/movie I watched a long time ago (maybe between 2009-2011) on an airplane journey and really struggling to remember the name.

This is probably really unhelpful but what I can remember is someone going to another country to learn the language and staying in a dorm like place -- there was one really annoying english actor trying to learn the language in it as well. I can't remember if it was Japanese or Korean based T_T but I do remember at the very end they are learning Japanese(?) and are making lots of jokes about sounds and puns.....

I think it was a girl as the lead and an obvious cheese love story but thats honestly all I can remember! its really bugging me so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me knowwwwww. Ill know it when I see it! (hopefully)

Im also 70% sure it was a movie and not a series.

thanks haha

ALSO I THINK THERE WAS A UNIVERSITY IN IT AS ONE OF THE MAIN LOCATIONS BUT MAYBE IM MAKING THAT UP 
I haven't seen it, but could it be My Darling Is A Foreigner?
A lot of this reminds me of My Tutor Friend 2, but I'm not sure...there's a Japanese girl learning Korean and annoying foreign side characters, so check it out and see if that's right
Flowers in the Fog? Its about 4 different girls but one of the story lines is about a Chinese girl who attends college abroad in France. She stays in a dorm and is friends with a few Europeans 
IT WAS MY TUTOR FRIEND!!!!! Thanks so much zeamays for jogging my memory!!!! all the other suggestions are great too going to check them out thanks everyone!! xx