Hello!

So, I'm a person who loves queer romance but because of my way of being aromantic, I struggle to connect with very romantic cishet stories.

I already have plenty of queer dramas in my list, so I'm looking for good dramas that have no romance or where romance isn't the focus. Also, dramas with focus on friendship are very welcome.

• I like good stories and likable characters.
  • I don't like toxic stories, very sad ones (some suffering is okay) and horror as main theme.

Thanks everyone! ??♠️

Edit: a personal recommendation, everyone should watch Brush Up Life, it's all about friendship and life, a witty, funny drama with likable and relatable characters; please give it the love it deserves!

Edit 2: Hikaru No Go is really as good as people say so, if you're looking for the same type of drama I'm watching, please consider this one!

Edit 3: I made a list with the titles I've watched and recommend, including some that aren't here in the forum. Click here to see it.

• Racket Boys - friendship 
  • Move to Heaven - there are a bit os sad melancholic bits since they do deal with 
  • Misaeng - a human  drama set in work/office 
  • Prison Playlist
  • Hikaru no Go
  • Kounoduri / Dr. Storks
  • Juhan Shuttai
  • Prison Playllist

Cross Fire

Reset

Sparrow

Devil Judge

Tunnel (thai)

Zombie detective

Autumm cicada

Be reborn

Good manager

Beyond evil

Czakhareina:
  • Racket Boys - friendship 
  • Move to Heaven - there are a bit os sad melancholic bits since they do deal with 
  • Misaeng - a human  drama set in work/office 
  • Prison Playlist
  • Hikaru no Go
  • Kounoduri / Dr. Storks
  • Juhan Shuttai
  • Prison Playllist

Thank you for the recs!

Komentator isenk:

Namiya

Ordinary Greatness

Mr. Queen

Thank you so much for the recs and for the links!

Apollymi:

Cross Fire

Reset

Sparrow

Devil Judge

Tunnel (thai)

Zombie detective

Autumm cicada

Be reborn

Good manager

Beyond evil

Thank you for the recs!

Designated Survivor: 60 Days - amazing story, very likeable MC and side characters. Romance isn't the focus, the MC is already married at the start of the show, and their relationship is very heathy and supportive of each other. I re-watched it 3 times already :)) - based on the USA Tv Show but the korean one is better in my opinion

Juvenile Justice - law drama, social justice, great characters

Liar Game - there is no romance between the MLs, but their relationship develops in a strong friendship. It's the Korean remake of the Japanese one, and it's based on the manga with the same name.

One Ordinary Day - thriller, mystery, serial killer, amazing relationship between the 2 male leads.

Voice - the 1st season out of 4, with another one on the way. Every season has the same Female Main Character, with the Male character changing between seasons. The is no romance in any season but the chemistry between the characters are great. It has crime, mystery, thirller - a great ride

Through the Darkness - AMAZING, the acting is incredible, it's based on profiling criminals in order to catch them.

Also, if you get bored of kdramas can I recommend you giving a try watching sports animes? There are some that are amazing out there, and I would personally recommend trying: Haikyuu!! - it's about voleyball, has a ton of seasons and the animation is great! Also an amazing main character and also side characters that are marvelous! Although you might suffer afterwards because it's too good :))

emeraldarrows:

Confession 

Blind

Thank you for the recs!

No romance:
Journey to the West (fantasy)
The King’s Avatar (gaming)
Reset (investigation)
The Lost Tomb (tomb raiding)
Bloody Monday  (psychological)
Liar Game (psychological)

Very little romance:
Luoyang (very intense investigation)
Tunnel (investigation)
KO One (combat, comedy)
Jewel in the Palace (medicine)

I would love to give you more, but a lot of stuff I watch aren't subbed...

kookiejamz:

No romance:
Journey to the West (fantasy)
The King’s Avatar (gaming)
Reset (investigation)
The Lost Tomb (tomb raiding)
Bloody Monday  (psychological)
Liar Game (psychological)

Very little romance:
Luoyang (very intense investigation)
Tunnel (investigation)
KO One (combat, comedy)
Jewel in the Palace (medicine)

I would love to give you more, but a lot of stuff I watch aren't subbed...

Thank you for the recs and the links!

Does anyone have more recs?

I thought of another Kitchen for Singles. There's no romance and it's a very simple, healing drama, really nice.