When you pick a drama to watch, do you watch it because of the plot/story or because of a actor/actors in it. Or is there another reason why you watch a drama

I mainly watch dramas for the plot, I can´t bother watching a drama just because of the actors that are in it if I don´t like the plot. After all an actor can´t do that much to save a drama that you have no interest in other than said actor.

I watch dramas for many reasons which include:

• The message/meaning behind the plot: Initially, the plot may grab my interest or it may not but it is the final message from watching the entire or the various meanings I get through the drama. I also enjoy watching drama on various topics as it gives me more exposure to the various careers and lifestyles while some of it may be exaggerated in drama there is still some truth behind it. In some cases, a drama may even lead me to explore more on the messages they brought and bring me a different perspective on life and issues.
  • Exposure to other cultures, terminology, things, and issues I'm not familiar with: I like learning so a drama that includes this makes it fun. Sometimes I even pause in the middle of what I'm watching to find out about the item they mentioned, historical person, place or term they used. I like the challenge of seeing perspectives on issues that I may not agree with or am familiar with to gain an understanding of what others are going through. 
  • The portrayal of the characters: While I do not keep any favorite actors or actresses, I do enjoy observing how emotions are expressed explicitly and implicitly through their acting. To a certain extent, we all have verbal, silent, and physical cues that indicate our emotions and it's interesting to the see these variations through the clothes their wear, to makeup, hairstyles along with their vocabulary, accent, physical and silent actions.
  • Capturing of the scene: I also like observing the setting of the story and various scenes that are included in a drama. The settings also portray the story, emotions, and plot while providing a different perspective on the city or tv set location they used.
  • Music: I enjoy observing how various sounds can come together to express emotions whether as the opening theme, background music, transition or ending theme.  I liked focusing on the beat, the sounds, the lyrics and their meanings. Most dramas use songs to get across additional meanings of their characters and stories.

Overall, for me watching dramas is not just enjoying but also learning from the hard work of the various individuals who made that drama come true so we can watch it.

Usually, I pick up dramas based on my mood. That's why I often alternate from romance to thrillers, etc. Of course, the plot has to grasp my attention in some way too.

Sometimes, I do choose a drama from an actor I'm very fond of, but only if the plot is intriguing. And also, if I really don't know what to watch, I usually start searching for high-rated dramas that seem interesting. I think MDL has a pretty good rating system, so it's pretty easy to find something good.

Oh, and sometimes, when I know what kind of drama I'm looking for, I just search for the recommandations on the forum.

Hmm.. It's kind of a mix of various reasons, to be honest. 

1. What kind of mood am I in? 

- Do I want to cry? Do I want to laugh? Am I up to some romance or maybe crime?

2. I usually always read about a drama before I start watching - both plot and actors/actresses are kind of relevant. My favorite actors/actresses + Amazing plot = The perfect drama

3. I'm a sucker for the music used in dramas, and do find myself buying quite a lot of OSTs, so I'll often look up dramas with great music featured!

4. This one is kind of lame, but the cover of dramas also help me decide. If I'm attracted to the cover there is a bigger chance of me watching it tbh.