so most of us has watched enough dramas to see all the tropes, the possible setups, storylines etc to last multiple lifetimes..  

one thing i wonder..  

how do u choose your next drama to start..

is it just a list you go down

a feeling u want to have after your last one

an actor/actress u want to see

type of storyline?

mostly i think i end up via emotion.. if the last one was a downer or i feel like i need a pick me up or vice versa..

ill look for one that has what i need and go for that..

how do you all do it.  

thanks

I have a bit complicated way and it's always a horrible pain in the ass.

1. Happy ending - I check the ending.
2. No love triangles - watched almost all of series without them, some were great, some sucked but it's extremely hard finding anything fitting this criteria, which I haven't seen yet. Most Asian dramas have to incorporate those stupid, pathological love triangles... So usually I fail in this one.
3. I love when there're martial arts, good fighting, lots of action - here again - I've seen almost all typical action dramas from China, Korea or Japan, I can't stand most Thai ones because they're mostly remakes of what I've already seen - so here I fail as well.

After failing point 2 and 3 (1st is a must), I start searching for next, less strict criterias where I succeed with a ratio of around 20%.

4. No stupid misunderstandings, no break ups, no betrayal, no stupid main characters behaving like pussies/assholes/bitches/idiots - as you guess, I fail here miserably too because I've seen most of what's possible, mature and realistic but let's say I still succeed with a ratio of 1/5.
5. The third wheel must be directly and openly refused, cut off without any regrets, any insecurities nor any shit like that - here I sometimes succeed with reccommendations - I'd say that this point is at least possible to fulfill.

Then still - after faling most of those and losing patience, I just scroll through the genres or reccommendations, google it if the specific show fits any of my criteria and give it a try. Here I also fail a lot so I need to drop in the middle when I can't stand those stupid trash people (ML, FL etc.) behaving like idiots in a drama I chose because it wasn't supposed to be stupid/childish while it's still is and someone just has much, muuuuuuch lower expectations towards shows than me - but sometimes I get to the end or just skip half of each episode :-P

Also - once in 10 dramas I decide to watch, I come across something, which I like very much and it's always a surprise since I do not expect it, actually, even if a show has some of things I do not like.

Most of what I watch I pick from somebodies recommendations. Either somebody whose taste is kind of like mine, or I read a great review. Score hardly ever helps. 

Some people here write fantastic reviews, I enjoy those almost as much as the actual series :-)