hi so it’s almost 3am and i’m thinking about this drama i watched as a kid and it’s driving me nuts i don’t know it

basically this doctor man cheats on his wife with this nurse he works with and his wife in a fit of anger tries to murder her. she gets sent to prison and the man married this woman thus she becomes the stepmom of his two children: a boy and a girl.

the drama basically shows how she was abusive and hated the children. when the dad passes away from a sickness she becomes the sole caretaker.

theres a lot of plot twists but spoiler : turns out the boy was this woman’s actual son that she abandoned when he was a baby. the mom starts treating him really well but still treats the daughter like trash. boy also ends up in love with his sister now that he realizes they’re not actually related.

i remember so much of this damn drama but i don’t know any of the actors. it could be chinese, taiwanese, or hong kong i rly don’t remember. if you need more info i got it but i feel like this is sufficient.

i’m guessing it’s around early 2000s, i was too young to be watching this but alas