i'm perfectly fine with any genre, country, amount of episodes (maybe less than 100 though?), etc, as long as you think it's a hidden gem and needs MORE recognition. i've been in love with binging lesser known dramas recently and i'm addicted lol. 

for reference, my favorite genres are usually thriller, mystery, friendship, family, and ofc romance. however, please avoid recommending teacher/student, LARGE age gaps (visibly), or any harems, thank you ^w^

https://mydramalist.com/10400-dung-duang-haruetai 

if you believe  in fairy tale / love story / romantic poem/ romantic novel kind of stuff  then it is best for you no kisses no intimate scene but still the best romantic story .  each dialogues has beautiful meaning behind it . unsaid thing but said indirectly . this make you believe in love .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................their is lot to say but i think i should stop here.

its has three versions 1996 (10/10)             2007(0/10)                2020(7/10)

I'm going to recommend some of my favs (since they're mostly all underrated)

- Kikazaru Koi niha Riyuu ga Atte (ongoing, J-drama)

Co-habitation romance, if you're into that. About a woman who is so obsessed with her work as a social media influencer that she forgets to pay her rent and ends up having to move out of her apartment. She moves into a share house and there she meets a fellow who has views very different from her. However, despite having such differing beliefs, they seem to make a great team. It sounds very cliché, but I promise it isn't as cringe-y as most stereotypical share house dramas.

- Hello, Me (K-drama)

I noticed that you are a fan of Kim Young Kwang, so I highly recommend his most recent work. The romance aspect of this drama is more of a side plot, and in my honest opinion, I did not like the romance plot too much. However, the main story is very touching. It's about a woman in her late 30s who is really struggling with life. She gets into an accident, and just barely survives. When she wakes up, she finds a girl, who looks just like her 17-year-old self, laying in the hospital bed next to her. The two work together to try and figure out how her younger-self made it 20 years into the future. The romance age gap is 10 years. I don't know if that is too large of a gap for you. I honestly did not feel the gap until the very last ep, so just keep that in mind.

- The Good Detective (K-drama)

This one is a mix of mystery, crime, friendship, comedy, a bit of romance, and a bit of thriller. I have too much to say about this drama, so I'll keep it short. I enjoyed it a lot. The plot is a little lengthy, but it mainly follows two detectives and a reporter working to solve a murder mystery. 

- 365: Repeat the Year (K-drama)

Such a good drama. It is mainly a thriller, crime, and suspense drama, but has very small hints of romance too. About certain individuals who get the chance to time travel a year into the past. However, once they've traveled 365 days into the past, strange things start occurring to this group of people.

- Catch the Ghost (K-drama)

Another really great crime and thriller drama. This one has a lot more romance than The Good Detective or 365, so you might enjoy this one. The drama follows a woman who joins the police force because she wants to find her lost twin sister. Her team chief doesn't like her at first, but slowly warms up to her, and they work together to solve a serial murder case together.

- Tengoku to Jigoku: Psychona futari (J-drama)

A masterpiece, in my opinion. Just imagine the movie Freaky Friday, but apply this concept to a police officer and a serial murder suspect. If you haven't watched Freaky Friday, what I mean is basically two people, but they swap souls. So, the soul of the serial murder suspect goes into the police officer and the soul of the police officer goes into the murder suspect. There are certain weird moments in the drama here and there, but overall, this one will have you guessing again and again. The two main casts are so talented, the way they can change their personalities is amazing. Whoever wrote and produced this one deserves a cookie.

- Neechan no Koibito (J-drama)

This one will be the last one I recommend. This one is mainly romance, and it's a very nice and light-hearted romance plot. It follows a pretty natural and normal romance, but nonetheless it's very cute and fluttery. I certainly enjoyed and appreciated it because it was different from the classic unrealistic cliché romances. This one also has hints of friendship and slice of life.

Battle of Changsha - Heartwrenching, but so, so good. 

Kairos - My favorite drama of 2020. 

Perfume - So very cute, and laugh out loud funny. Loved it. 

Try:

• End of the World
  • First Half of My Life
  • Vampire Prosecutor
  • Yong Jiu Grocery store
  • Super Family/Strong Family 
  • Life is beautiful (2010)
  • Dele
  • Tong Memories
  • Dr. DMAT
  • Love in Sandstorm 
 Czakhareina:

Try:

• End of the World
  • First Half of My Life
  • Vampire Prosecutor
  • Yong Jiu Grocery store
  • Super Family/Strong Family 
  • Life is beautiful (2010)
  • Dele
  • Tong Memories
  • Dr. DMAT
  • Love in Sandstorm 

thank you for so many amazing recs!!! btw which "end of the world" drama are you referring to? 

jazzyboops:

thank you for so many amazing recs!!! btw which "end of the world" drama are you referring to? 

https://mydramalist.com/6401-the-end-of-the-world

Though i guess with the pandemic, this drama would either be right to watch or tiring to watch.... since its about viral epidemic...

Tova:

Battle of Changsha - Heartwrenching, but so, so good. 

Kairos - My favorite drama of 2020. 

Perfume - So very cute, and laugh out loud funny. Loved it. 

haha are you a fan of shin sung rok? all his dramas are amazing!!

omg your taste?!?! tengoku to jigoku is REALLY catching my eyes rn ngl and i'm probably going to watch kikazaru once it finishes airing + for sure checking out all the others. jdramas kind of have a soft spot in my heart lol. 

thank you for all the recs!!! feel free to give more

sungrokisking:
I'm going to recommend some of my favs (since they're mostly all underrated)