RainFlower wrote: The thing is noone even bats an eyelid its the norm. When I went to hv breakfast at my hotel today which is supposed to be a classy expensive one more thsn half of the people there were old white men (mainly europeans) having breakfast with their thai girlfriends from the previous night. I am self confessed prude and the whole vibe I bkk is sleazy and has deffo put me off this place.

Yay, a self confessed prude!
RainFlower wrote: Ok I hv left my laptop in KL so bear with me re spelling mistakes this is from my phone..why is it I always hv internet probs in fancy hotels and am always fine in cheapo hoteld lol lesson to be learned there. Arrived in bangkok yday night hvnt seen much today but I think I will hit the temples and monuments tomorrow. What I hv seen of bkk is all my fears realised evrrywhere fat old white men with young thai girls ewwww
and when I say old I mean OLD 70+ wth!
Will post pics when get back to my laptop in kl

Aww haha, that sucks you keep having internet problems! But that's cool you're in Thailand! :D Although the fat old men with young Thai girls is disturbing, and the fact that it's that common that it could be considered the "norm." Hope you have fun in Thailand though!!

Sleepninja wrote: Haha So Bangkok= sleazy city? Will you be trying any other cities? Haha I would hope that all the cities aren't like that. Maybe it's because it's the biggest and therefore all the unsavory characters flock to it. Anyhow ew ew ew of course it would be the old Hugh Hefner wannabes lol

I would hope they're not all like that, too, haha. If there's another city you want to try hope you have better luck! :D
Nah its just bangkok thats like this its well known in uk that its a haven for sex tourists u guys in usa prolly not aware of its reputation...i knew what to expect n it hss lived up to my dubious expectations haha...anyway I shall avert my gaze from all the craziness n enjoy the cultural n architectural wonders before moving on to cambodia lol
RainFlower wrote: Nah its just bangkok thats like this its well known in uk that its a haven for sex tourists u guys in usa prolly not aware of its reputation...i knew what to expect n it hss lived up to my dubious expectations haha...anyway I shall avert my gaze from all the craziness n enjoy the cultural n architectural wonders before moving on to cambodia lol

Nah, even people in the US know about its reputation.
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Nah, even people in the US know about its reputation.

Yes...unfortunately, we know. But I didn't know it was that blatant. I actually thought it was more underground. Disgustingly rampant..but not so blatant.

Anyway Rainflower...I am looking forward to your pics! Whatever else is going on there it has to have a rich cultural history and great things to see.
jeanie65jh wrote: Yes...unfortunately, we know. But I didn't know it was that blatant. I actually thought it was more underground. Disgustingly rampant..but not so blatant.

Anyway Rainflower...I am looking forward to your pics! Whatever else is going on there it has to have a rich cultural history and great things to see.

Yes it does im going to the grand palace tomorrow which has an emerald buddha...also there is something called the giant swing which is similar to the swing in the princess man where men would swing on it n try to catch a bag of gold with their teeth...recently they hv stopped people doing this I guess health n safety got involved lol

There is also the famous wat pho or reclining buddah to see as well as the floating flower markets
Ok I had a ride or 2 in a tuk tuk which is basically a motorbike with seats attached at the back. The drivers are fearless & certifiably insane but I lived to tell the tale so it all good :)

Generally people are so laidbsck nobody bats an eyelid if a motorbike leaves the road n stsrts driving along pavement weaving in out of pedestrians...i learnt pretty sharpish not to walk about with my mp3 player u need ur hearing to dodge out of thrir way!!!!

For those of you who might not know ladyboys they are transsexuals pre/post op and a particular feature of bangkok. Yesterday when I went to meet my friends for dinner there loads on the train with me lol

Pandas...there is a channel here which is 24 hours showing this panda in his cage...sooooo RANDOM I had to share with u guys.
RainFlower wrote: Ok I had a ride or 2 in a tuk tuk which is basically a motorbike with seats attached at the back. The drivers are fearless & certifiably insane but I lived to tell the tale so it all good :)

Generally people are so laidbsck nobody bats an eyelid if a motorbike leaves the road n stsrts driving along pavement weaving in out of pedestrians...i learnt pretty sharpish not to walk about with my mp3 player u need ur hearing to dodge out of thrir way!!!!

For those of you who might not know ladyboys they are transsexuals pre/post op and a particular feature of bangkok. Yesterday when I went to meet my friends for dinner there loads on the train with me lol

Pandas...there is a channel here which is 24 hours showing this panda in his cage...sooooo RANDOM I had to share with u guys.

Haha I had heard something about there being a lot of Transgendered people in Thailand (well in Bangkok mainly). And awww poor panda :( He can't take a dump without it being televised lol That would drive me insane!
RainFlower wrote: Ok I had a ride or 2 in a tuk tuk which is basically a motorbike with seats attached at the back. The drivers are fearless & certifiably insane but I lived to tell the tale so it all good :)

Haha I think I remember seeing a tuk tuk in a drama! And that's kinda nice that people are generally laidback but the way you put it makes it sound dangerous on the road haha.

And that is really weird and random that they have a channel to watch a poor panda in his cage, poor guy! or is it girl? Haha
RainFlower, I love your big fat asian adventure. I wish you could post pictures of the ladyboys. I'm feeling a bit voyeuristic today. Panda channel?! Wae?
Most of the ladyboys are stunning...but there was one yday who looked a bit of a big bertha lol

I hv no idea whether its a boy or girl panda ...at first I thought it was like big brother for animals but no its just this one panda all by him/herself awww

Tuks tuks are like a rollercoaster ride with no safety harness im a game bird so wasnt scared altho my calmness seemed to make the driver go even faster/erratic trying to get a reaction out of me...no chance haha I did take photo of the driver and one of mewhile vlinging on for dear life I will post pics when back ok n KL. I was debating whether to go to csmbodia or not as flights v expensive...so I ...deep breath....hv decided to slum it by going train &

BTW I am getting a bit of a k/j pop education there are several music channels devoted to them...i found a new one I hadnt heard of before (dunno u guys proly yold me but I wasnt paying attention :p ) called Tohoshinki?
Oops posted brfore finished train in thailand then bus in cambodia (they dont hv proper train service). Planning on going tomorrow dont know what wifi will be like in camb so may be AWOL for a bit.
RainFlower wrote: Oops posted brfore finished train in thailand then bus in cambodia (they dont hv proper train service). Planning on going tomorrow dont know what wifi will be like in camb so may be AWOL for a bit.

Please be safe RainFlower! Have fun and contact us when you can!
RF! Tohoshinki =DBSK/TVXQ. They had to break up I think a year ago because of contract reasons and are now...TVXQ (Yunho & Changmin) and JYJ (Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu)! I'd hope you'd like them :p