ladyfaile wrote: yeah. there ARE vegetarian restaurants, but not many, and my problem is i'm going with family and i'm the only veg, so i'll have to try to make do and find enough to eat at non-veg restaurants, which will be hard.

happy cow lists vegetarian/vegan/veg-friendly restaurants around the world. check it out :)

http://www.happycow.net/asia/japan/tokyo/

O wow thanks for the link though I will probably only need it when I finally get to Japan....In about 3 years? :p

It must be hard to be the only vegetraion in the family.My family only consists of vegetarians! But then again they would never...go with me to Japan^__^
ladyfaile wrote: if we're already in shibuya shopping etc how hard would it be to find on foot from say shibuya crossing

Doable with a good map. Walk up Aoyama Doori until you get to the signs for route 413, make a left down 413 (you want to stay on the Shibuya side without crossing 413), and walk until you get to exit A1 (I think it is the first subway entrance you find after that first intersection), make a left at the street there, and it is a little ways down on the right (or the sign is... the restaurant is down a small path) Google says it takes about 20 min to walk.
cool thanks :) we'll have our phones so we can always use gps if need be lol Miri, that site has listings for all over the world. any time i go anywhere even just a couple hours away i always consult it to plan out where i can be guaranteed to find food ^^
ladyfaile wrote: cool thanks :) we'll have our phones so we can always use gps if need be lol

Miri, that site has listings for all over the world. any time i go anywhere even just a couple hours away i always consult it to plan out where i can be guaranteed to find food ^^

That´s true.I have never been alone in an foreign country before though T>T
But it will be very useful to me in the future.Thanks again! :)
SUSHI !! i find it here in the USA vary easily my favorite restaurant is The Geisha. i want to try more Japanese food but i'm scared lol i seen them eat squid and looks soo scary i have also tried a Japanese bento the breakfast one with eggs and rice etc it was good.
kurinezumi wrote: Doable with a good map. Walk up Aoyama Doori until you get to the signs for route 413, make a left down 413 (you want to stay on the Shibuya side without crossing 413), and walk until you get to exit A1 (I think it is the first subway entrance you find after that first intersection), make a left at the street there, and it is a little ways down on the right (or the sign is... the restaurant is down a small path) Google says it takes about 20 min to walk.

You have fantastic England for a Japanese.
I was born and raised in Okinawa, so the first food I ate is Japanese. But of course I can't remember it now. But my favorite of all Okinawan dishes are Chanpuru and Okinawa soba. Other than that, I love takoyaki.
Sushi, usually tuna with avocado. Lots of wasabi and soy sauce!
I'd love to have futomaki. Soon are opening in my city Japanese restaurant, it seems very professional and cooks from Far East (I'm not sure if some of them are Japanese). I have high expectations and waiting for the opening. Cooks are already here and work in Thai Fusion restaurant, offer some nice Japanese dishes. But I want to wait for their own place. Soy sauce is the best thing on the whole world. No matter what is cookes, I must add some sauce. And now I have some urge for teriyaki.
Soy Sause - The bane of everyones blood pressure. Ahhh can't live without it. :)
I'm currently watching Shinya Shokudo. I usually google the food they talk about in each episode... maybe I'll cook something Japanese one of these days! I'm starting to look forward to it. :)
Ive been obsessed with onigiri since age 14. Now im 18, almost 19 and i just tried it for the first time the other day. It tasted good. I just wish it had a different flavor in the middle. I got the plum flavor but i think i would have rathered fish
I live japan close to Tokyo but I am bot very adventurous with food. I enjoy Katsudon, yakisoba and most of their beef based noodle soups. I found that most of all I enjoy eating at Ringer hut (fast food chain). I know they have Ringer hut in the US so once I leave from here I have to go serach for it.
i'm from turkey. i love japanese and korean food. especially sushi, onigiri. california roll my favorite sushi. exactly very strange food for turkish people. because raw food isn't part of our culture.
at first i just ate Japanese food out of curiosity but i liked it.....i love chicken teriyaki, ramen, maki-zushi and takoyaki and the awesome tempura... hmmm i want to try other japanese food now...