안녕하세요 여러분! I just joined MDL looking for some interaction in the drama fandom. :) I started watching K-Dramas in early 2020 and accidentally never went back to Western shows (yes I am one of those believers in the superiority of Korean TV, oops). I'm currently learning Korean and I enjoy making video edits for my favorite dramas. I'm super picky and opinionated (it's a disease, lol) but I'm open to recs for dramas with understated/slow burn romances (doesn't have to be Korean, I'm interested in other Asian dramas too)!

PS. Sorry if this post is too long, I'm new to forums lol

Hello !!! Warm Welcome to MDL : )

Recs for SLOWBURN 

1. Our Blues

2. My Liberation Notes

3. A Piece of your mind 

4. Something in the Rain 

5. Call it Love 

6. Our Beloved Summer

7. When The Weather is Fine

8. The Interest of  Love 

Thank you for the welcomes and for the recs! I've had my eye on A Piece of Your Mind and My Liberation notes for quite a while...I may need to officially check them out! :)

Welcome to MDL! :)

Hello, I really admire your determination to learn Korean. Sadly I am too lazy for that. xD

PS: I just joined MDL too. :)

Welcome to MDL too xD

As for learning Korean I am a bit lazy with it but curiosity always brings me back to learning. As long as I'm watching dramas I can't help trying to figure out new words and grammar concepts that I hear, so really I owe it all to curiosity haha 

Thank you! :)

I think I get what you mean. It is great if you understand Korean without watching costantly at the subtitles. Especially when there are no subtitles, Iam often fustrated.  Anyway I hope you are doing well. Fighting!!!

I would love to be able to watch with no subtitles at all, but I still have a long way to go! If I watch without them I can only understand basic conversations so I totally understand why it's frustrating. I seem to pick up grammar quickly but I have a lot more vocabulary I need to memorize. Thanks so much for the encouraging words :)

But if you can already understand basic conversations, than thats already quite good. I admire you. I bet you learn the other vocabulary quickly, espacially if you watch lot of dramas and edit videos, its a piece of cake for you to learn. =)

Yes, the words I hear a lot in dramas are definitely the easiest to learn! The words I don't hear as much really don't stick in my mind so well, though. I probably made it sound like I know a lot more than I do, I'm sorry! But the holes in my vocabulary mean that I can only understand basic conversations that don't include lots of unfamiliar words. So sometimes I can understand quite a lot and other times I'm totally lost...it just depends lol. 

I did want to mention that the course I'm taking is very good and it's free online. Whether you're interested in learning some basics or becoming fluent, it's an amazing tool. If you want to check it out, here is the link: How To Study Korean.

You don't need to apologize. I just wanted to encourage and complimend you. That's it. :)

Thank you very much for the recommendation.