Hey there ~

I've been watching dramas since I was 10. Though I'm pretty chill about it I think, watching just a couple here and there from time to time when I'm in the mood for it. Majority of what I watch is Korean. Lately, I've been curiously exploring Chinese works for a change.

Love Animanga and Fantasy Books. If either of those interest you, feel free to message me.
Would love to make friends who share a love for dramas as well as other mediums if I can ^^

emeraldarrows:

Welcome! :)

Thank you ^^

Welcome!! may the gods/goddesses of Asian Shows bless you with more entertainment as yo dive deeper into the ~abyss~... haha!! :)

Welcome welcome! Any particular fantasy books you recommend? What are some of your favorites? Whats some of your favorite animes? 

hmmm I can recomend you a series of books "Discworld" 

I'm usually into fast-paced stories, hopeful vibes and heavy relationship-focus.
These titles reflect that since they all have at least one of those three things ^^

My Ultimate Favourites:
Thieves in Medieval Venice with a strong found-family. Clever MCs. Balances a dark story with hilariously witty writing.
Portal fantasy meets school for the gifted. A familiar trope done right in what I would best describe as 'pure fun'.
A contemporary as much as fantasy: Friendship and the characters' personal lives IS the plot. While the setting and magic is richly atmospheric.Two villains who were once friends are now aiming to kill each other. Really quick read. Best example of non-linear storytelling I've read.

Popular Titles I Love:
A fugitive in hiding infiltrates an academy for the elite to uncover enemy secrets. Roman-inspired setting, fast-paced, unpredictable.Journal-entry format about a woman studying faeries in our world that knows they exist. Cosy romance between grumpy girl and sunshine guy.
Rather than "written by the author", is told by one of his characters. Feels like sitting by a campfire - cosy, humourous, self-aware, breaks the fourth wall.Girl from a world of constant daylight swaps bodies with a boy from a world of constant night. Takes inspiration from Your Name and Final Fantasy.
An  Epic-fantasy and magic feels almost superhero like. Delves deeply into the mental and emotional struggles of its characters.Follows two thieves who are polar opposites but best friends with plenty banter. Uses classic tropes and setups of fantasy with a modern-esque tone.

Other Popular Recommendations :
There are four different Londons and the main character can portal between them. Has fun characters.An unlikely group of criminals try to pull off an impossible heist. During the heist, the book goes into each characters' backstory.
If Cinderella was a cyborg, Red Riding Hood piloted spaceships, Rapunzel was trapped on a satellite and Snow White lived on the moon.  Takes inspiration from Sailor Moon.When the gullible, kind girl is surrounded by villains and falls for one of them. A romance in a fairytale-esque setting.

As for anime, my childhood was filled with Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, Fruits Basket and Ouran Highschool Host Club. So those all have a special place in my heart.

Since then, I've watched so many things that narrowing it down feels as if it would skew a person's idea of my tastes, limited their view of which genres I watch. Like you, I'm all over the place and as time progresses, the ones on top tend to change one step at a time. That said,  in narrowing it down anyway ...

Anime:

Hope these two responses answer your questions Alana ^^ Thank you for asking.

Thanks for the recommendation Saruhio. I've tried reading Mort once before and did not finish the book. But given how varied the series is and all the places you can start from, I may still give it another go in the future.

Are you a Genshin player? :3

No. I don’t play video games :D