Welcome fellow minority member!Hope you enjoy it here on MDL. Seriously doubt the gender disparity will disappear anytime soon,  but it's not too bad. Being a minority is bad when looked down upon, and I haven't seen that happen here, so here were unique! ;-)

Anyway, have fun with your binge watching. Looking forwards to your opinions, rants and reviews about what is great or terrible, and how you somehow misplaced your weekend, watching the best series ever.

,Alex

I am here and I have been watching jdramas and listening to j-pop since 1998 :)

Lmao I revived this long forgotten topic after 3 years of inactivity and look at these new comments coming in 😂

questintheskies:
I am here and I have been watching jdramas and listening to j-pop since 1998 :)

Jdrama and Jpop, hardcore! So far I started with Korean, then tried Chinese dramas. The Japanese ones I find hardest to get into. Except for a small number that I enjoyed, many are very weird. I'm sure I'll get it over time, but for now... very different.

qwxlea:

Jdrama and Jpop, hardcore! So far I started with Korean, then tried Chinese dramas. The Japanese ones I find hardest to get into. Except for a small number that I enjoyed, many are very weird. I'm sure I'll get it over time, but for now... very different.

Yeah, jdramas are more weird and crazy(at least those I saw),that is why I like them. :) It is good that different countries have different dramas. You can better choose what to watch according to a mood.

Hey I'm a male kdrama fan from Belgium. I do watch also Korean and Chinese movies, and Japanese ones to a lesser extent. :)

Well as said before there are a lot of genres in kdramas and even so its not because your male that you can't watch romantic dramas, that really depends on the person. Myself I'm completely straight, but I like to watch them from time to time. Normally I never watch romantic focused stuff, but in case of Korean dramas and movies its different. But I agree that in general women are more attracted to it.

Male here too, brony through and through. Romances have formed form the bulk of my East Asian Drama viewing since I started 8 years ago.

Hey,  a 24 year old male from austria here! Not sure how I got into asian dramas and k/j-pop a year ago, cause none of my friends likes these stuff.  

I watch all kind of genres if the story is good, even romance. :D 

My the most favourite genre is comedy, then romance, sci-fi/fantasy, supernatural and happy (moments, ending). So the best drama is sci-fi/fantasy romcom with supernatural powers (something like You Who Came from the Stars) :)

Oh wow, my kdrama addiction actually also started with You Who Came from the Stars. :)

My addiction started with I'm Not a Robot (sci-fi romcom). I found "you who came from the stars" after watching My Girlfriend is an Alien, because I wanted to see something similar (FL there has similar powers and also has to stay on the Earth). It was very pleasant find, but I am not sure now if I can find something else at the same level. :)