The year has passed. What are your thoughts? What is the best Jdrama this year and why?

And you can only choose one so choose wisely!

For me it was 99.9. I enjoyed the comedy, really enjoyed the chemistry between teh actors, and am a fan of both matsumoto jun and kagawa teruyuki. the individual stories were also interesting, there was nice character development throughout and a nice backstory and finale. i do enjoy comedy and a good strong intelligent plot. 

it was the only 9/10 drama this year for me too.

I still have a lot of 2016 dramas to watch, but for me (so far) it's boku no yabai tsuma. I don't remember the last time I was glued to the screen like that, locked in by the suspense & twists in addition to the webs spun by characters. it's crazy but thoroughly addictive & entertaining (truly, there is never a dull moment) on top of having a great script & actors---plus, its last scene? perfect. I feel like I overrated it now, but at the time I was quick to give it a 9/10.
From within the dramas I watched and though I still got to watch the last episode for me it has to be:

Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu, because I loved the story of the main couple and I think they had great chemistry it was cute and I personally love contract relationships dramas!!
I enjoyed many dramas last year, so it's hard to choose one.

However, in my opinion, Natsume Soseki no tsuma was the best drama of 2016. The life of Kyoko, wife of the famous writer Natsume Soseki is incredible, and sad. I didn't know Soseki was so mean with his family. This drama informed me a lot, without being boring at all. The acting was really good. Machiko Ono did a fantastic job as Kyoko. She was able to play this changing character, sometimes cheerful and brave, and sometimes extremely sad because of her husband. As the quick-tempered Natsume Soseki, Hasegawa Hiroki was really scary.

But the drama that I enjoyed the most (which is different from the best drama) is unquestionably Boku no yabai tsuma. Every week I was waiting for the new episode, I was completely hooked. There were many twists in the plot, and I wasn't able to predict what would happen next, and that was really entertaining.

Yes, 2016 was a good year for jdramas in my opinion.
I have so many yet to watch :( 
Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai

It's Not That I Can't Marry, But I Don't Want To

hooray for obaa-san dramas :) 
I didn't watch many dramas last year..
From what I watched, the best for me was nigehaji :)
From my list, the best was probably Kiseki no Hito (10/10)
I also rated Love that makes you cry 10/10.

But i enjoyed a lot of 2016 dramas, quite a pretty good year for me too (7 dramas got 9/10 or more)
Easy. For me it's definitely Spark, also the only 2016 jdrama I gave a 9.
WE MARRIED AS A JOB. Love the story and the acting of the leads. They had great chemistry. Gen Hoshino is the best portraying an awkward pro-bachelor. He's so funny. And of course, Yui Aragaki never fails to deliver. The entire premise of the story is good. 
from it was Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu and Watashi kekkon dekinai janakute shinain desu