The theme song from Marumo no Okite, called Maru Maru Mori Mori, is the number one song in Japan at the moment, beating out the mega group AKB48. This is my must watch drama of the season. I love it! Follow the link to see a short explanation of the song and make sure to check the links cuz there are a bunch of people doing the dance, including adorable kids hehehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1txy3gAwRM
I hope you don't mind if I mention the drama, instead of focusing on the music (I confess I didn't see any dance, just the dude talking??).

Anyway, Meitantei no Okite is one of my favourites too. It's deliciously absurd, wonderfully acted, hilarious and full of references to famous detectives in literature, from Poirot to Maigret. In fact, this is more a piece of theatre in theatre than a tv drama in the traditional sense of the word.
The main 3 characters are just unforgettable, at least to me. And the ending is one of my favourites ever!
Certainly not your average detective dramas. ;)
Eeek, I meant Marumo no Okite, and the links are in the bottom info box (idk what it's called). So idk if maybe you want to start a new thread with the right name. Sry :-/

As for Meitantei, I liked seeing Shota in a silly role. It nicely contrasted his usual serious/aloof characters.
Ohh, I just saw Meitantei and jumped on board, LOL.
No problem, I have edited the title, like this there won't be any further misunderstanding. :D
Kawaikochan, how is this drama? Think I should watch it?
i love it! It's definitely a family drama. There's not much romance or brain teasers, so you may not like it if you're into these things only. I've been watching since the first episode and my interest hasn't waned. The ratings in Japan are steadily increasing for the show as well.
loisdetlefsen wrote: i love it! It's definitely a family drama. There's not much romance or brain teasers, so you may not like it if you're into these things only. I've been watching since the first episode and my interest hasn't waned. The ratings in Japan are steadily increasing for the show as well.

Awesome, guess I shall watch it as well then. I like family dramas.
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/07/ashida-mana-suzuki-fukus-maru-maru-mori-mori-sold-over-a-total-of-200000-copies/[/url]

wrote: [u]Ashida Mana & Suzuki Fukuâ??s â??Maru-Maru-Mori-Moriâ? sold over a total of 200,000 copies!
by halicolipocky on July 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Popular child stars, Ashida Mana (7) and Suzuki Fuku (7)â??s drama theme song, â??Maru-Maru-Mori-Mori!â? (released on May 25th) under the name â??Kaoru to Tomoki, Tama ni Mookâ? has accumulated a total sales figure of 250,000 copies as of July 25th Oricon Weekly single chart which was good enough to rank 2nd. Furthermore, this song kept a TOP 10 place for eight weeks and is now considered a long-term hit song.

It has been nearly 30 years since an artist under the age of 10 years sold over 200,000 copies. Previously, Emanuelle Lewis (6 years old at that time) sold a total sale of 338,000 copies with the single, â??City Connectionâ? which was released back in July 1981. For a Japanese child star, Kawahashi Hiroshi (8 years old at that time) sold over 232,000 copies in total with his single, â??Yamaguchi-san chi no Tsutomu-kunâ? which was released in back in June of 1976. Ashida and Suzuki formally broke a 35 years record on the Japanese music history on this day.

After their dance â??Marumori Danceâ? from their drama, â??Marumo no Okiteâ? became viral, on the 13th, they decided to sell a limited edition CD which included this dance. Compared to last weekâ??s 11,000 copies, this week the sales exponentially went up by 67,000 copies and the ranking of this single also moved up seven places.

Congratulations!

Yay for them! I <3 these kids. I hope they have continued success and don't become crazy like lindsay lohan (who was in court again today...)