An Autumn Afternoon 1962

Parasyte 1 and 2

yes i did enjoyed it lol 

The absolutely heartbreaking,

"Let Me Hear It Barefoot" (Japan, 2021)

Mr. Osomatsu 6/10

I watched Late Spring  https://mydramalist.com/7251-late-spring for my film class the other day. Some may find it slow or even question the entire premise of the film but... I think it's a gem. At first I was disturbed and slightly annoyed by Noriko's (MC) constant smile at the beginning of the film; but seeing how her smile changes throughout the film was actually really well done. If anyone is interested in post-war Japanese films I would really give this a try. There is a constant and tangible pull for all the main characters to embrace a new way of living while still trying to hold on to tradition. This is especially seen in how the characters push Noriko to embrace tradition while not necessarily adhering to tradition themselves. Anyway, I really recommend it. 

Radiation House: The Movie

Movie: As Long As We Both Shall Live. I love it!

The Man Without a Map (1968) - another piece ticked off the list of  Japanese New Wave movies.

Twin Sisters of Kyoto (1963) - an interesting spin on the trope of identical twins finding out about each other's existence and getting involved in each other's life. Kyoto is definitely a beautiful city, there were so many scenes set among its hills, in front of its famous shrines, buddhist temples and other distinctive locations that the movie felt sometimes like a love letter to the old capital.