Summary from MDL page:
wrote: IS follows the high school life of Hoshino Haru. Haru was born intersex meaning that he was born with physical characteristics of both sexes and cannot clearly be assigned as a binary gender based on these physical characteristics. Registered as female at birth but later raised as a boy (gender) since he always played with boys his age during the earlier years of school. Haru is forced to attend high school as a girl because of this.

http://www.mydramalist.com//front/dramalist-ajax.php?dramaid=3324

THis sounds interesting, has anyone watched it? I think it may have been a manga first. Have any of you read this?
I haven't, but I added it like two days ago to my plan to watch list because the story seemed interesting.
u can find the manga on mangafox.com. I havent read it yet but I saw it a while back and havent gotten to it.
Watched ep 1, and what I don't like so far is Gouriki Ayame.
I didn't realize she is a cast here too..(>_<)
So if next season there is a drama with her again...woot,,just like kanjani8,,this year is full of her..lol

and I like Fukuda Saki's act here..
and the cinematography isn't bad for me..(^_^)
also the story's idea,,i like it...
well,,in summary, episode 1 was better than what i expected..
Episode one was good, but I felt so sad for Haru the whole episode.
^
true,,
and i curious,,where will the story go..

downloading the 2nd episode..
really want to watch..>_<
It looked good, I hope it deals with the issue well and not just copping off about it. I like that the actress is fairly androgynous which lends credence to the tale.
The first episode was really very good. Like Hangebokhan, I was concerned about how they were going to tackle the topic. So far, they're doing a good job of not sensationalizing the issue and really dealing with the struggles IS people face.
i just watched all the available epis so far (1 to 4) on sunday and i'm kicking myself for not watching sooner. this is a really compelling story. it's well written and the actors are doing an amazing job. i never heard the term intersexual before this drama; i knew ppl with both sex organs were called hermaphrodites, so this drama has served as very educational to me as well. some how in the past i thought of ppl who had such a condition as special, (i don't know persons with I.S). i don't know why i thought it must be cool to have both sex organs. :) i guess in my naive mind this kinda different is a cool different. i didn't realise until watching this that different sometimes is just different and most times as humans we don't want to be different. it opened my eyes and made me see the reality that ppl with I.S and their families live with. i think miwako's story is so heart wrenching, her mom blames herself and is unable to accept her daughter. and the teenage years is when everyone goes through an identity crisis trying to figure out who they are but to not know what ur sex is would make that process even harder. it's such a complicated topic to cover in a drama and i'm very pleased with what they have done so far. i'm waiting for epis 5 and 6 to be subbed.
I'm so glad you're watching it and felt like you learned something. I also never put much thought into the experiences of an IS people prior to this drama. I was aware of the condition (studied it in genetics) and was aware of the controversy over having what is essentially cosmetic surgery on children to "correct" the physical gender. I am so happy to watch this drama. By learning more about the challenges of others, I feel like I am even more a part of this world.

I also hope that rl people who face challenges similar to the ones portrayed in the drama feel supported and acknowledged. I hope that they can see this and feel proud knowing that we hear their stories and we are behind them 100%. I know this is a fictional work, but I have great confidence in the power of art.
Omg is anyone still watching? I didn't see episode 6, but episode 7 was a great set up and makes episode 8 look amazing. I can't wait to see what happens.....i'm like bursting out of my skin with excitement, lol. It feels like everything so far has led up to this.
i couldn't get tudou to load epi 6 so i haven't watched 7. but i'm loving this drama.
finally saw epi 6. *spoiler* ....

am i the only one that is pissed at miwa-chan for writing to ibuki-senpai's father about haru's I.S. i think there's a story with I.S in ibuki's family too. but it wasn't miwa's place to do what she did. it's like she's jealous of haru and wants her to be as miserable as she is. i love this drama. i want ibuki to accept haru, i want miwa's mother to accept her. this is such a good touching drama. i can't wait for epi 7 to be subbed. it looks really good.
boutux, we are on the same page with the dramas this season, lol. I agree with both of the things you said. That's why I think episode 8 will be amazing because episode 7 built up on all the emotions and storyline in episode 6. I can't wait to see what happens.
epi 7 sub is up on dc. yay. arigatou to the subbers and shanta_khan.