At first let me tell you about how I came across Kuzu No Honkai. I have heard about the anime a year or two ago but did not see much positive feedback about it. So decided not to watch it. But recently, I came across the anime once again on Netflix and decided to give it a watch. And to be completely honest, I did not totally love it or something but I kinda like it. It was really unique and I did not get bored while watching it at all. Another thing was I could not get it out of my head at all. I then went for the manga and read it all along with the sequel (for the ones who don't know there is a sequel manga of 6 chapters named Kuzu No Honkai Decor). Still I wanted more of it, so decided to give the live action a shot. And I am gonna share my thoughts about the live action version here.

This was my first time watching a Jdrama. I was really skeptical at first and thought that it cannot match the level of the anime or the manga. But I was wrong and I ended up liking the live action version as well. To be clear, I still think that the anime was way better but the live action did a great job too. The cast was really well chosen according to me. Specially Dori Sakurada as Mugi Awaya did an outstanding job. After watching this I could not help myself from checking out his other works and binged Coffee and Vanilla, Perfect Crime, 3B No Koibito and Alice in Borderland. And what an outstanding actor he is! Next, Miyu Yoshimoto too did a good job as Hanabi. Even though I have seen some people thinking she was not the perfect choice, I think she portrayed the character well. She is really a good actress and did the emotional scenes really good. Both Dori and Miyu seemed like good kissers and they did the intimate scenes so well. The other casts were not as good as the main characters but they were okay.

Now coming to the story of Kuzu No Honkai, as I said I did not particularly loved the story but I found it really unique. It depicts some harsh reality of unrequited love. The ending has mixed reviews, some people love the ending and some people don't. For me, at first I hated that they don't get together but after giving some thoughts, it was probably for the best and it is more realistic. But the ending leaves you with such an emptiness and a weird unsatisfied feeling. I think there should be a special episode or movie based on the sequel manga.

It was my first post on MDL. Please pardon my mistakes and I would like to know about your thoughts of the drama.