Seeing as how there's NO thread for the greatest J-Pop/Rock band of ALL TIME. I have decided to make one heh ^_^

Genre: Soft-rock, pop-rock, J-pop

"ikimono-gakari (いきものがかり) is a three member rock band that formed in 1999. They made their mainstream debut in March 2006 with EPIC Records Japan."

Name: Yoshioka Kiyoe (吉岡聖恵) - Vocals
Nickname: Kiyoe (きよえ)
Birthdate: February 29, 1984
Birthplace: Shizuoka, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan

Name: Mizuno Yoshiki (水野良樹) - Guitar & Vocals; leader
Nicknames: Yocchan, Yoshiki, Leader
Birthdate: December 17, 1982
Birthplace: Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan

Name: Yamashita Hotaka (山下穂尊) - Guitar & Harmonica
Nicknames: Hocchi, Yama-chan, Hotaka
Birthdate: August 27, 1982
Birthplace: Ebina, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]363[/ATTACH]

So what's your favorite song of theirs? Mine is "Sakura" along with "Hanabi" and "Blue Bird" If you've seen Naruto then you'll probably recognize some of these songs.
I think I've never heard of them before.
LisNoir wrote: I think I've never heard of them before.

Well that's a damn shame :(

http://vimeo.com/37260634
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This epic trio... I dont really look into them much but during all the end of year specials, i make sure i dont miss their performances. They're always amazing. Aruite Ikou, which was the theme song for Runaway, is one of my fave songs by them...
Rubyy wrote: LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This epic trio...

I dont really look into them much but during all the end of year specials, i make sure i dont miss their performances. They're always amazing.
Aruite Ikou, which was the theme song for Runaway, is one of my fave songs by them...

yay another fan. I don't feel left out now lol I'll have to youtube that song now :D
Raventhedark wrote: yay another fan. I don't feel left out now lol I'll have to youtube that song now :D

Have you looked it up..? XD It really in an incredible song. And if you've seen the drama, you'll understand how perfectly it goes with it. Just,love it <3
Rubyy wrote: Have you looked it up..? XD It really in an incredible song. And if you've seen the drama, you'll understand how perfectly it goes with it. Just,love it <3

Yeah I have it's great :)
Naruto Opening. I'd never heard of them by name but I've heard their songs before. <3 em
OMG IKIMONO GAKARI IS MAKES ONE OF THE BESTTT UPLIFTING MUSIC...

LOL. OMG.

NOW U WILL LOVE THEM MOARRRRRRRR

THEIR SONGS ARE REALLY GOOOD!
bannie wrote: OMG IKIMONO GAKARI IS MAKES ONE OF THE BESTTT UPLIFTING MUSIC...

LOL. OMG.

NOW U WILL LOVE THEM MOARRRRRRRR

THEIR SONGS ARE REALLY GOOOD!

Ikimono are amazing. Look up Hotaru <3
Raventhedark wrote: Well that's a damn shame :(

http://vimeo.com/37260634

LOL, I had posted here before.

I listened to that song and it sounds good, but it didn't quite reach me. I have to listen to some of the other things they've done.
been loving them since last year.. my friend bought their best album, and i borrowed it and then I started love them!! great songs, and I really love kiyoe's voice
soracantabile wrote: been loving them since last year..
my friend bought their best album, and i borrowed it and then I started love them!!
great songs, and I really love kiyoe's voice

what he says
Loved :D

Koisuru Otome