I was wondering if there are people who listen to indie or indierock. I know you can put flumpool, Mr. Children etc. in the genre as indie, but does anybody listen to like Japanese indie with British indie influence?
Such as andymori, Art-School, Sister Jet, Veni Vidi Vicious(japanese band), The Mirraz?
I don't listen to a lot of Japanese music in general. When I do like a group/singer is because I've heard one of their songs in an anime series.
ketibachan wrote: I was wondering if there are people who listen to indie or indierock. I know you can put flumpool, Mr. Children etc. in the genre as indie, but does anybody listen to like Japanese indie with British indie influence?
Such as andymori, Art-School, Sister Jet, Veni Vidi Vicious(japanese band), The Mirraz?

I DO!

Hmm.. let's see, Japanese Indie bands with british influence, have you ever heard of these guys:
01. [Champagne]
02. Artema
03. Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas (This one is more to hardcore tho)
04. New Breed
05. Unchain
06. Who the *****

These are the ones who come to mind for now, lemme know if you need their music samples.
i'm not good at grouping music by genre, actually..
but the profile says the genre is electronic post-rock.. (not sure if this is in the category.. :P )
but i love this duo..and it's indie :)

it's Kibako (木箱)
one of my fav songs from them:

I want to know some more Japanese groups in these genres: Electronic like Capsule Indie like Heureun or Han Hee Joon or bands like Chatmonchy or Ikimono Gakari or Ai Otsuka, Utada Hikaru, etc :)
maybe it similar to this thread: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?941-Indie(rock)-anyone ?

anyway, my answer is the same... kibaco!!!! :)
frederic (フレデリック)

Here's the song from their debut, oddloop. :)
Thanks for this topic I like to discover new groups ^^ but I prefer them more "loud"
I like UVERworld , X Japan , DOES,Nothing carved in Stone , SiM,Maximum the hormone ....