lord_varvara:

Lee Min Ho was  excellent in BoF, his breakout drama. It was a tough role where he had to be confident and insecure, full of it and self-deprecating, pathetic and sympathetic, comical and intimidating all in one role. And he nailed it. But then that became his comfort zone with far less complexity (Heirs) and ultimately he started to sleepwalk (KTEM - one of the worst dramas I've ever seen). 

Yeah, those 2 EY male co-stars carried the drama and had much more interesting roles with stronger performances. Rowoon was a coat hanger like in any drama since. 

I agree with you , even I think in  BOF , Lee min Ho showed his best acting , though I hate romanticizing bullying , yet Lee min Ho act of gu Jun pyo make me root for him ..his acting was very organic and expressions are excellent ...even his acting in personal taste was also fine given he was at the start of career 

Then I don't know what happened after that , he got disease of song Hye kyo of 'frozen face'  in this act , actor tends to reduce their expression and become highly dependent on the camera movement , background score , cinematography and robotic delivery of lines ...actors tend too care too much about aesthetics of face that they become highly concious how they look , how their fans will percieve it later  . I think they got trapped in their star persona  

@Emperor

"Then I don't know what happened after that , he got disease of song Hye kyo of 'frozen face'  in this act , actor tends to reduce their expression and become highly dependent on the camera movement , background score , cinematography and robotic delivery of lines ...actors tend too care too much about aesthetics of face that they become highly concious how they look , how their fans will percieve it later  . I think they got trapped in their star persona   "

this x 100000000. So well said. Yes, they eventually develop the "frozen face "syndrome as you say (look no further from Han So Hee who is giga FrozenFace in My Name) . I agree it has a lot to do with visuals (don't want to wrinkle their faces much), though some just mistake character strength for lack of emotion (this  is a massive problem with actresses who view "strong female" as essentially an expressionless robot)  and some over certain age injected Botox. :)

@Emperor

He became so conscious of how he looks on screen given his popularity and the way he choose his projects is something I can’t understand. He keeps on choosing the same type of roles. 

lord_varvara:

@Emperor

"Then I don't know what happened after that , he got disease of song Hye kyo of 'frozen face'  in this act , actor tends to reduce their expression and become highly dependent on the camera movement , background score , cinematography and robotic delivery of lines ...actors tend too care too much about aesthetics of face that they become highly concious how they look , how their fans will percieve it later  . I think they got trapped in their star persona   "

this x 100000000. So well said. Yes, they eventually develop the "frozen face "syndrome as you say (look no further from Han So Hee who is giga FrozenFace in My Name) . I agree it has a lot to do with visuals (don't want to wrinkle their faces much), though some just mistake character strength for lack of emotion (this  is a massive problem with actresses who view "strong female" as essentially an expressionless robot)  and some over certain age injected Botox. :)

I’m giving Han So Hee the benefit of the doubt since she is still a rookie actress and doesn’t have formal acting training but if she didn’t improve and didn’t take acting lessons, then she’s one of them. I hope she won’t rely on her fame alone. 

ichigo:
I love Park Shin Hye, but I understand why some people think she's overrated. She's not a groundbreaking actress, but there's something really refreshing about her for me.

I second idol actors, Song Hye Kyo, and Hwang Jung Eum though. It's always disappointing seeing a new drama filled with idol actors (with a few exceptions like Eunji and Sungjae). Song Hye Kyo is a bit bland for me and like Aceji said, Hwang Jung Eum just screams all the time. 

Unpopular opinion but I never cared for Gong Hyo Jin. 

lmaooooooooooo gong hyo jin made me laugh bc same lol 

Otps4Life:

OMGGGG I thought I was the only who thought that Lee Jung Suk looks like Michael Jackson xD.....When I first saw him in a drama,I was like wtf is that the korean MJ lol....

sorry I ended up bumping up an old comment from 2017 but I thought the same at first while watching Secret Garden long time ago, it was because of his really pale skin and nose looked fake (no offense) but I did enjoy some of his dramas and he was pretty good at playing the villain in V.I.P. so I didn't mind his looks that much later. 

Bluebells:

song hye hyo 

You spelled her name wrong; it’s Song Hye Kyo.

For me, it Kim Soo Hyun. I think that he is the most popular actor rn, but I couldn't finish any drama in which he was main actor. 

I see that a lot of people don't like Park Shin Hye. I was 1 of them too. But I am starting to think that, at least in my case, it was bc of roles and dramas that she played. Those cute, naive girls... 

I don't think that she is bad in acting. Especially after watching Tree of heaven.... She was good, but maybe overshadowed by ML. The ML actor, Lee Wan, was AMAZING! I think that the way he acted is among my favourite of all times.

Shin Se Kyung would be definitely number 1 worst actress for me. She was SO terrible in The girls who sees scents, I had to drop it only bc of her. 

BUT she improved enormously! I couldn't believe that she was the main actress in Run on! 

Kim Young Dae & Cha Eun Woo ? Especially eun woo, i feel like people still watch his acting bcs of his face.

I think the consensus are on Lee min Ho , song kye hyo ...

o_reo123:

Kim Young Dae & Cha Eun Woo ? Especially eun woo, i feel like people still watch his acting bcs of his face.

hmm I'm guilty of that. They're not good actors imo pretty basic but I do find them "pretty boys" so at least I get to see some eye candy lmao

At this point is LMH even overrated? I see more people hating on him than actually liking him. I still like seeing him as a person though out of nostalgia for BOF and City Hunter. LOTBS was his last good drama as he had more personality there compared to his robotic role in TKEM, the romance was so cringe it felt like a comedy I actually enjoyed those parts for the laughs xD