Kim Bum is a great actor!!

Song Hye Kyo…why does she get such great lead roles? She can’t emote! Bae Suzy gets such grief about her acting but I would watch her over and over before seeking out a Song Hye Kyo drama

I honestly can't stand Nam Ji Hyun . I want to like her in the roles she's cast in but something about her expressions and voice just grate on my nerves!

Think of it this way.,.. most of the korean actors are overreated in Korea due to their good looks. I knew looks mattered but the extent to which it matters in Korea, China is totally on another level. So except for few exception from good looking actors and those who have survived in the industry despite having no good looks all are overrated. 

The list starts from fan favourites like Lee Min Ho, Park Bo Gum, Song Jong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Park Shin Hye, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Joon Gi, Cha Eun Woo,Dong Wook Lee, Lee Seun gi,  Son ye Jin, Kim Seon Ho, Song Seung-Heon, Cha Seung-Won, Ha ji won, Bae Suzy, Shin Min Ah, Park Min Young, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Hyo Joo, Moon Chae-Won, Lee Da-hae, Go Ara etc. These are terribe or average actors who are paid handsomely. 

There are few who are decent actors but are pegged as talented actors such as Ma Dong Seok etc.

Selvan:

Think of it this way.,.. most of the korean actors are overreated in Korea due to their good looks. I knew looks mattered but the extent to which it matters in Korea, China is totally on another level. So except for few exception from good looking actors and those who have survived in the industry despite having no good looks all are overrated. 

The list starts from fan favourites like Lee Min Ho, Park Bo Gum, Song Jong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Park Shin Hye, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Joon Gi, Cha Eun Woo,Dong Wook Lee, Lee Seun gi,  Son ye Jin, Kim Seon Ho, Song Seung-Heon, Cha Seung-Won, Ha ji won, Bae Suzy, Shin Min Ah, Park Min Young, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Hyo Joo, Moon Chae-Won, Lee Da-hae, Go Ara etc. These are terribe or average actors who are paid handsomely. 

There are few who are decent actors but are pegged as talented actors such as Ma Dong Seok etc.

So much this. I think that Korean actors have really small range; now is it due to whatever low bar that has been set or expected from them because of their domestic audience, or their directors/acting schools have set such a mediocre level that almost all of them are delivering the lines like a wooden puppet. Such a disappointment that a few of the kdramas have some brilliant/creative scripts and there is almost no one worthy enough to deliver their brilliance, be it the directors or mainly the actors.

I have put on hold on a few good shows because of their ML's absolutely dumpster fire of acting skills:
(1) cannot handle any series from Yeo Jin Goo, and I really wanted to watch Beyond Evil, similar reason for Hotel del luna; I mean does that guy only have two modes - confused looking or angry young man
(2) What is up with the side/second ML from The Devil Judge? So confusing & simply nauseating.

I have put too many shows on hold, or simply dropped them because of the insufferable main lead actors/actresses.

@ItsBlu3Viper (MDl was not able to quote your post, it being too long)

I agree with you 100% dude. 

I too have avoided watching those two dramas for that actor.

Also avoided 'he is psychometric' due tot that 'Devil Judge's' SML.

None of the actresses are talented. Besides the charms and good look of actors, posture is important, they are dashingly handsome (plastic surgery helps!) I think Korean drama has standard acting that requires them to act almost the same; blank expression, stutter, easy to get surprise/shock, crying shrill loud wet, deliver dialog in full volume, moving mouth/nose work when they hold anger/disappointment. 

C-drama also has standard acting. Actresses: Acting cute childish and high-pinch child-like voice while men are often spacing/zone out. Too much talking within so like day dreaming acting, intricate head accessories, obvious make up and wearing pastel color (especially in costume dramas) in actors. 

Only few dramas are worth watching, the rest were just passing by forgotten. Seriously, there're plenty of fans who give highest compliment and scores for whatever reason, make these actors/actresses believe they do a 'bang job'. 

Lee Minho, to the point where I avoid watching certain dramas, even if I do like the female lead. It's nothing Against him, but I wouldn't say I like seeing the same faces on my screen. Certain Actors and actresses only suit certain types, while others are very moldable. For Example, Lee Jong Suk can play a boss or a soft boy, but LMH's most popular dramas are always someone too arrogant or high in status. Lee Seung Gi is also very moldable, from action to romance. Maybe I'll change my mind once LMH's other genres get popular.

Song Jung Ki.. I could not finish Vincenzo cuz of him

Lee Min Ho, for sure is overrated..and Park Shin Hye

@ItsBlu3Viper totally agree! Your statement is the same reason why I lost interested in K-drama, some actors are limited with a very few expressions and gestures and which is why they get typecasted.  Well Japanese actors are way worse (especially the new generation, there are a few promising ones just like previous generations) otherwise both Japanese and  Korean dramas have even better written plots than  modern Western shows. However lacking acting skills  ruin the decent written shows. It's the other way around in the Western shows IMO.

Vargnatt:

@ItsBlu3Viper totally agree! Your statement is the same reason why I lost interested in K-drama, some actors are limited with a very few expressions and gestures and which is why they get typecasted.  Well Japanese actors are way worse (especially the new generation, there are a few promising ones just like previous generations) otherwise both Japanese and  Korean dramas have even better written plots than  modern Western shows. However lacking acting skills  ruin the decent written shows. It's the other way around in the Western shows IMO.

Same is going on for me too. I have lost interest in japanese dramas way back and recently lost in korean dramas. Its making me feel like this was a phase in my life where I was obsessed with kdramas.

Im Soo Hyang - she has no expression at all.  I've watched a couple of dramas of hers because of the ML, and she just ruins the show for me.

Song Hye Kyo - I don't think I've ever liked her in anything I've seen her in.  She's always the same.

Park Bo Young - I love her as an actress EXCEPT when she does crying scenes. They are always over the top, unrealistic and they make me want to laugh.