Personally, I think ‘Hymn Of Death’ and ‘Mr. Sunshine’ top my list. I love the tragic endings, and how beautifully the characters’ stories are written and woven into the period, into a cinematic work of art, and, in the case of the former, ‘Hymn Of Death,’ the real characters’ stories were beautifully yet tragically portrayed. Honestly, both break my heart but I love them both. What are yours?

The Last Princess , Assassination & The Battleship Island

I gotta admit I haven't really seen a drama yet where I can say that this was a good representation of the times back then. There are definitely good dramas, like you said with Mr. Sunshine, but in terms of accuracy? Not so much luck yet.  So if anyone has a good, accurate drama id highly appreciate a tag :) 

I wholeheartedly agree! Also, on a different note, I wish people would appreciate those who really lived in that era, their sufferings, their bravery to overcome obstacles, and how hard they worked to get where they reached eventually - I wish people would’ve appreciate it. For examaple, there is a South Korean actress who acted up to 1991, born during the colonial period, with one of her best works - in my opinion - being ‘Legend Of Lady Heo,’ yet unfortunately, there are no comments, or even followers, for this great lady who passed away in 2014. It’s a pity, really.

I haven't seen very many (I mostly watch Chinese dramas set in this time period) but my favorites are The Hymn of Death, Pachinko, and the movie The Last Princess. I find the setting very interesting but incredibly tragic.

I absolutely adore those three, especially ‘Hymn Of Death!’ You should also watch ‘Mr. Sunshine’ and - as the user above mentioned - ‘Assassination.’ I wish they were a bit more historically accurate though, really.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is the second season of Tale of the Nine-Tailed and happens during the Japanese Ocupation, but it's not so strong as Gyeongseong Creature and is more fictional without historical figures

Definitely Chicago Typewriter! :)

Since you mentioned Hymn of Death I won't repeat that, so here it is.

I agree! ‘Chicago Typewriter’ has my heart, really! I also think ‘The Handmaiden’ is fascinating - it you haven’t already, you should watch it - as well as ‘Snowy Road,’ which I’ve watched quite a few times.

Seruhio:

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 is the second season of Tale of the Nine-Tailed and happens during the Japanese Ocupation, but it's not so strong as Gyeongseong Creature and is more fictional without historical figures

My main issue though, is that a lot of dramas set in this period are not historically accurate. Apart from that, I do enjoy both ‘The Tale Of The Nine Tailed: 1938’ and ‘Gyeongseong Creature.’