Sorry idk how to cover spoiler parts in topics so if you havent watch The princess's man dont read this part

******************Warning Spoilers ************

In ep 13 if u remember princess Gyeonghye   gives Seryung two rings (These rings which Seungyoo bought before)...

And Seryung went to Temple she put these two rings in above of pile of rocks...and prayed for Seungyoo (she thought that he died)

My question is here what is the meaning of these pile of rocks? why Seryung put rings above them ?

You got me curious too.  The most logical explanation seems to be that the practice of rock stacking is sort of a prayer or meditation, so it makes sense that there might be rock stacks at a temple.  The origin seems to be religious, but in modern times, it's a very popular practice and there are apparently rock stacks all over Korea now.  (And they do it in variety shows, too, haha)

An interesting note: including those stacks in a historical drama might actually be an anachronism!  I wonder if the director/writer knew that the modern audience would interpret the rock stack as mentioned in this article, "Each  stone within the stack represents a particular wish and possibly, family member."  Which is apparently kind of a modern interpretation of a rock stack.  Not that rock stacks didn't exist back then; they probably did, and were made by the monks, not regular people. 

This is just my interpretation, though :)  Maybe someone knows more about it.

These are some links:

Buddha's Stones:  A Stacking Comparison

Stone Pile and Wishes of Common People (this is about the modern practice)

Tradition: Korea Rock Stacking and Balancing (about the towers built by one specific monk, pretty interesting)