Juniko wrote: Episode 4 has raised a major issue here....*Are they seriously expecting us to believe that in 400 years he NEVER kissed ?*

Ha! I thought so as well; do you seriously want us to believe that? But on the other hand, I really liked the *Kiss*
Juniko wrote: Episode 4 has raised a major issue here....*Are they seriously expecting us to believe that in 400 years he NEVER kissed ?*

Well, he is an alien. Maybe his libido works differently? :)

THAT interesting, I didn't see the guiness record but I think that a world record
gold-myst wrote: Well, he is an alien. Maybe his libido works differently? :)

or he didn't have one lol

usually I didn't watch a airing drama, but that's character is interesting

downloading the first episode

edit : episode 2, the male lead can't act, we have more and more actors like that, though his character has potential, but that kim ruined it, after seeing his performance I rethink about quoting south park again (asian people don't have soul lol)
in the 1st episode he said something about not being able to mix saliva.
in the episode I watched the translation say "mix blood", and the first thing that come to me is to advise him : not approaching virgin lol
cityhunter83 wrote: in the 1st episode he said something about not being able to mix saliva.

I'm confused about this. Episode 5 clearly had moments related to mixing saliva/blood....and he had no bodily or mental reaction at all. Like if he can just sit down at eat with people (by being careful)...then why eat alone all this time? Maybe the writer forgot about that part...hahahaha. jk
Maybe he's trying to avoid it. Also, episode 6th preview is interesting, it looks like she's going to react after seeing the antique hairpin. Maybe they'll add some fantasy to it ? Like reincanation or other such things...
soumatra2 wrote: in the episode I watched the translation say "mix blood", and the first thing that come to me is to advise him : not approaching virgin lol

my korean is not fantastic but the word used is 체액 (Cheag) which can be translated as blood/saliva/ bodily fluids. or possibly 타액 (teeg) i listened to it a few times and cant tell. Teeg is specifically saliva as far as i know.

given that they didnt use the word 피 (pi) which is specfically blood i think the viki translation "blood or salvia" is probably closest. so much of korean is contextual.

either way the writers are already breaking their own rules. but then again i've seen plenty of k-drama kisses where there was no way they swapped spit :P
Maybe it's simply a metaphor ? You know, maybe in korea "mix blood with someone" mean getting close, or getting involved in someone else's life ?

Oh, and did you see the *reference to Moon/Sun in episode 6 (it lies in a guest star appearance)* ? Also, In episode 6, part of the plot reminded me of * Dream High. You know, the two childhood friends who are both aspiring to be successful in the same wold ? One got her hour of glory but suddenly the other one get her chance as well but that would mean stepping on her friend's back, so she is trying to be fair to her friend, but when she sees how badly she treats her and how little she seems to care about her, she decides to go all in and to challenge her?* It really does sound familiar...
Or am I reading too much into it ?

Also, let's say that she really is the reincarnation of the girl of the past (after all *she did almost cry in front of the hairpin and for some reason that even she can't understand, she really doesn't like Joseon era*) maybe that would explain why he has flashes of the future. In episode 6, we learn that *she died in his stead* so maybe he got those flashes because he must save her everytime her life is in real danger. To repay her from what happened during her previous life.

What do you think ?
I'm confused by that blood/saliva part as well. I think he says "타액이나 혈액 섞임는 안됍니다". So uh, indeed, no mixing of saliva or blood. Quite specific. So I googled that a bit and found some discussion about it in Korean. There was talk about allergic reactions and fever and stuff like that but I can't figure it out (a "bit" too advanced Korean for me!). He didn't get sick, did he? If he did, I completely missed that part... Oh, well. I'm still curious but off to next episode. Maybe it get's explained later. :confused:
i think they just realized "oh crap, then he cant kiss her!" and are trying to back pedal!
Juniko wrote: Maybe it's simply a metaphor ? You know, maybe in korea "mix blood with someone" mean getting close, or getting involved in someone else's life ?

Oh, and did you see the *reference to Moon/Sun in episode 6 (it lies in a guest star appearance)* ? Also, In episode 6, part of the plot reminded me of * Dream High. You know, the two childhood friends who are both aspiring to be successful in the same wold ? One got her hour of glory but suddenly the other one get her chance as well but that would mean stepping on her friend's back, so she is trying to be fair to her friend, but when she sees how badly she treats her and how little she seems to care about her, she decides to go all in and to challenge her?* It really does sound familiar...
Or am I reading too much into it ?

Also, let's say that she really is the reincarnation of the girl of the past (after all *she did almost cry in front of the hairpin and for some reason that even she can't understand, she really doesn't like Joseon era*) maybe that would explain why he has flashes of the future. In episode 6, we learn that *she died in his stead* so maybe he got those flashes because he must save her everytime her life is in real danger. To repay her from what happened during her previous life.

What do you think ?

Yeah maybe he is just trying to avoid human contact, or he is just disgusted by human saliva/blood.
The whole mixing blood/saliva thing is beyond confusing; I just hope that the writers aren't trying to contradict themselves or something like that.
cityhunter83 wrote: i think they just realized "oh crap, then he cant kiss her!" and are trying to back pedal!

That's what i thought too..but i think that its more of a observation he took of the human race that he cant mix species like give blood or something ...I thought he couldnt share a meal either but thats not the case probably more don't share a drinking straw..or maybe no tongue more of a closed mouth kiss with dry lips..i mean they kissed already..sooo