There are a couple of those? This one may be the one you're thinking about.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK

Yuan Shu was idle, and she and Anning both sought a place in the field outside the city, set up a pot to start cooking mutton, and emptied a decades-old small shop in the city of its aged nu’er hong. As soon as the sun fell, they invited the generals in the city and a group of soldiers to eat and drink.

This was probably the last night before the war. Di Ziyuan and Han Ye also turned a blind eye to them for a while. Seeing that the soldiers were mostly restrained, the two of them found a gap and withdrew.

At this time, the spring is warm and the flowers are blooming, but the night in the northwest is a bit cold, and the cold wind is rustling. The two stepped on the top of the city.

Di Ziyuan leapt and sat on the city wall and beckoned towards Han Ye, "Come up."

Han Ye followed her with a gentle expression. He obediently took Di Ziyuan's hand and sat next to her, but did not let go, and instead held it tighter.

Life and death on the battlefield are unpredictable, and no one knows if there is a tomorrow.

Di Ziyuan was surprised, but did not break away.

"Ziyuan, when I was at the clan mansion, I had already thought of our ending." Han Ye looked at the fire outside the city and said quietly.

"Oh? What ending?"

"I come out of the clan mansion, and then you return to Jinan and march northward. We fight to the death. The one who wins in the end sits on the chair in the Golden Palace."

Di Ziyuan smiled and did not refute. If it weren't for the Three Kingdoms War, she and Han Ye would already be on this predestined path.

"Ziyuan." Han Ye turned his head and looked at Di Ziyuan, "Until this war is over, will you believe in me and entrust your life to me?"

Both of them knew that it was dangerous for Di Ziyuan to lead the army at the behest of Emperor Jia Ning to meet the enemy. Now that the North Qin and Dongqian are raging, Jia Ning will tolerate her at the helm of the three armies because he needs Di Ziyuan and the Di family army for the survival of Dajing. With the antagonism between Di Ziyuan and the royal family, coming to the Northwest is the most undesirable. The battlefield is rapidly changing, and it is very simple to get rid of a person silently. Currently, there are still foreign enemies in Dajing, so her safety is naturally not a concern, but in the future, when the war subsides...

Di Ziyuan drew her hand away and patted Han Ye's palm, "Of course, I trust you."

The somber tone in Han Ye's eyes was swept away and he laughed aloud, "Di Ziyuan, you are really bold. Don't worry, as long as I am Han Ye, I will definitely keep you safe."

Di Ziyuan had never seen him look so happy and twisted her head to look at him.

Maybe they can live like Di Ziyuan and Han Ye only if they stay away from the capital.

Just like at the bottom of the Hua Yuan Valley.

"Let's go back! Tomorrow morning, we will go our separate ways!" Han Ye said as he leapt down from the city wall, but he was called back by Di Ziyuan.

"Han Ye!" Han Ye turned his head back, and Di Ziyuan leaped right in front of him, her ink-colored eyes fixed on him.

"Han Ye, I am bold?" Di Ziyuan raised her eyebrows, "Not as much as you..."

As her words fell, she suddenly stretched out her hand to push Han Ye two steps, and kissed him on tiptoe.

The kiss was extremely fast and fierce, and it was over with just a touch. When Han Ye came back to his senses, Di Ziyuan was already standing three steps away from him, with her arms folded over her chest and her eyes narrowed at him.

Before he could say anything, Di Ziyuan rubbed her lips together and her impudent voice rang out, "It's really exactly the same. Han Ye, the person on Fuling Mountain on the night of the New Year's vigil was you?"

There is nothing honorable about taking advantage of a drunken girl. Han Ye was suddenly exposed, looking chagrined. He momentarily could not think of a word of defense, and coughed awkwardly.

"I have heard Lin Lang talk about a lot of things in the Ling Xiang House. Based on what she said, your reaction just now is just like that of a young girl. In the future, when we return to the capital, we should ask Lin Lang to find a few teenagers with outstanding looks and use them as a trial."

Di Ziyuan tsked twice, lamenting while walking towards the city tower, looking very smug.

"Di Ziyuan!"

Han Ye's exasperated voice from the city tower carried far away, and the crowd outside the city drinking and eating meat glanced toward the walls and turned back to laugh.

These two people were really one thing after another, and they didn't know who has actually subdued who!

As soon as Di Ziyuan came down from the city, she saw An Ning, who was smiling mischievously with narrowed eyes.

"Ziyuan, my brother is not as bold as you, he can only do something while he is drunk at most."

Di Ziyuan shifted her eyes and looked toward the sky.

"Well, no more talk. I'm here to say goodbye to you." An Ning walked up and gave Di Ziyuan a pat on the shoulder, "You take care."

"You too, I'll wait for your triumph." Di Ziyuan smiled with a gentle expression.

Standing on the boundary of the northwest, it seemed that all the grievances and barriers could be forgotten. The two looked at each other for a while, laughed, embraced, and then went back to the city lord's mansion to rest.

Wow.  Thank you so much. 

Thank you very much. It makes me want more. They're so cute

For all the people wondering about love triangles...this is how Han Ye treats them.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK! 

After the Fifth Prince returned from a trip to Jiangnan after his wedding, Han Ye invited him to shoot in the paddock to catch up.

It was still early in the morning, so Han Ye changed into a riding outfit and practiced archery in the open field, while the fifth prince, Han Yue, who did not like to dance with spears and sticks, sat aside to watch.

Han Ye did not hesitate to shoot ten arrows, and there were no false shots.

Han Yue clapped his hands and shouted, "Second brother, we should really let all the sons of the capital's families go to the northwest for a campaign. These people raised in the capital have all become frivolous young masters."

Han Ye's forehead was sweaty, and he handed the bow and arrow to the attendant, and laughed: "According to that, you should be the first one to go north. No matter how mischievous the children of the capital families are, I have never seen them eating vegetarian and reciting Buddha all day. Fortunately, you are now married, and Father can be reassured. Otherwise we would worry every day, afraid that any day now you’ll decide to immediately follow the Buddha. Your princess consort is not bad, training you to be more popular."

Han Yue smiled rather shyly, but the bottom of his eyes were transparent and warm. "Royal brother, now that we're both older, I'll be frank with you about something. My mother was of low birth and passed away early, and my age is similar to Ninth Brother’s. Although you protected me when I was young, I inevitably obstructed the eyes of Concubine Jiang. I am a person from the royal family. If I like the Buddha's path since childhood, I will not only have Father’s compassion, but can also make Concubine Jiang feel at ease, so why not do it? It’s just that I’ve been studying the Dharma for a long time. I didn’t expect to develop this kind of mentality now, but this can also be considered a blessing. Royal brother is so smart, and I definitely can’t hide this little trick of mine from you.”

Han Ye listened unhappily, patted his shoulder, sat on the wooden chair beside him, and sighed a little. "I didn't protect you and Anning well." Han Yue and An Ning were in a similar situation when they were young, so it was inevitable that he, the older brother, would look after them more.

"Second brother, don't say that. You've taken care of us enough over the years. After all, the harem is in the hands of Consort Jiang, and you are the crown prince, so you cannot interfere too much. Not to mention the fact that there was still Eldest Brother and the left minister in the court, and you had to worry about the affairs of the Di family..." Han Yue paused, a little chagrined. "Forget it, let's not talk about these things. I heard that the Northern Qin envoy entered the capital yesterday, and the Northern Qin Princess also confronted the Marquis of Jing'an in Ling Xiang House. Royal brother, it’s not easy for you to enjoy happiness!"

The incident of the Great Princess of Northern Qin causing a scene at Ling Xiang House was spread all over the capital in just one day, so it was difficult for Han Yue not to know about it. He was just amused; his second brother was handsome, intelligent and wise. How come all the peach blossoms in his life are such unbelievable girls?

It was rare for Han Ye to be teased, and he was about to speak when the sound of horses' hooves rang out at the entrance of the paddock.

The two looked up and saw a woman in a foreign dress on a horse, with a heroic face, coming straight towards the open space. The guards behind her were brave and domineering, and at first glance it was clear that they were foreigners.

This Northern Qin princess’s appearance is not bad, and it's not unreasonable to really get married. The fifth prince winked at Han Ye and smiled.

The group of North Qin guards had already been stopped by the forbidden guards, but Mo Shuang had a special status, and the forbidden guards did not dare to intercept them at will. Mo Shuang slowed down, held the reins and paced in front of the two of them, and condescendingly looked at Han Ye and the Fifth Prince for a moment. She finally settled her eyes on Han Ye and raised an eyebrow. "Dajing Crown Prince, Han Ye?"

Han Ye took a sip of his tea and glanced at her indifferently, "Princess of Northern Qin, Mo Shuang?"

Mo Shuang happily said, "Yes, that’s me." She tsked twice, "You are as handsome as the rumors say. It's no wonder that the Marquis of Jing’an didn't look kindly on me. So this is how it is."

Han Ye's eyes flickered and he raised his eyes, "The same to you, the princess also has the valiant boldness of the women of Northern Qin."

It seems that he is not a master who anyone can take advantage of, but for better or worse, he is the object for her marriage. Naturally, she has to see what he is worth. Seeing the guard on the side holding a bow and arrow, Mo Shuang became interested and raised her eyebrows, "Your Royal Highness, let's have a competition of riding and archery, shall we?”

"The princess is a guest from afar, how dare I bully you?" Han Ye shook his head and sat firmly, "This spring is perfect, why doesn't the princess dismount and sip tea."

Mo Shuang's face was stern, "This princess is not a young lady of your Dajing, who only knows how to teach her husband and children. Just competing in shooting and hunting, does the crown prince not dare?" She paused and twirled the whip in her hand. "If the Prince doesn't answer, I'll go to the palace tomorrow to see the Emperor of Dajing and tell him I've taken a fancy to you. Even your father can not arbitrarily reject my northern Qin state letter, right?"

When she finished, she didn't wait for Han Ye's reaction, and with a wave of her horse whip ran towards the paddock woods.

The fifth prince was dumbfounded, and glanced at the northern Qin guards who had not moved at all. Deeply concerned, he said, "Second brother, fortunately, I got married a step earlier. This kind of barbaric woman is as fierce as a tiger. This northern Qin Princess is sincerely looking for trouble. If you do not go to compete with her, tomorrow she may force Father to bestow marriage. That would be a bad thing."

Han Ye was silent for a moment, waved his hand, took the bow and arrow from the guard, mounted his horse, and headed towards the forest.

A few moments later, Han Ye caught up with Mo Shuang who was shooting arrows in the forest and drove his horse forward. "What does the princess want to hunt?"

Mo Shuang looked at him and suddenly said, "His Royal Highness, I saw Di Ziyuan yesterday. Such a woman is not common. I heard that Taizu gave you a marriage to her back then. Why didn't you marry her and save me from being sent to Dajing by my brother?"

Han Ye was slightly surprised and said: "Ziyuan is a first-ranking marquis of Dajing, the marriage back then has long since been cancelled. But I didn't expect the princess to turn out to be reluctant to come to Dajing."

"That's natural." Mo Shuang solemnly said, "I have lived in Northern Qin for more than ten years. I have no relatives and no reason in Dajing, so naturally I don't want to come over. Are you willing for Princess An Ning to marry far away to Dong Qian?"

Seeing Han Ye shake his head, Mo Shuang hummed: "I don't know what kind of medicine my elder brother has taken, but he submitted a letter of state without my knowledge." Seeing Han Ye's look of relief, she smiled, "Your Royal Highness, you should not be too happy. Anyway, I don't have a sweetheart, and you and the Marquis of Jing'an are also unlikely. I might not care about your past love affairs. Pairing with you is not unreasonable, at least it can also slow down the dispute between the two countries, it’s a good thing!"

She came to Dajing just for a fun trip, and was not prepared to stay, but at this moment could not resist molesting the serious Crown Prince of Dajing.

Seeing Mo Shuang laugh and smile, Han Ye could not guess which of the Northern Qin princess’s words were true, and which were not, but he knew that it was better to retreat a ways, so he said: “The princess is joking. Since you don't want to come to Dajing, it's better for you to go back to Northern Qin earlier. The temperament of the princess is not suitable for Dajing.”

"Oh? Then where do you think I belong?" Mo Shuang raised her eyebrows.

"I once lived in the northwest for several years, where the sun sets over the long river. The lonely smoke in the desert, the vast grassland, those are worthy of the princess’s stay."

At this time it was sunset. Han Ye looked towards the desolate mountains to the north of the paddock with a smile on his face, and spoke slowly.

He was born handsome, and was the crown prince of a country, noble and majestic, with a warmth and softness that was not found in the men of Northern Qin. The lingering sunlight reflected on his face, quite picturesque.

Mo Shuang was stunned, and was unusually a little uncomfortable. She coughed and turned her head. "Your Highness, I see nothing to hunt in this area, let's go to the north." After she finished, she raised her whip and headed deeper north.

Han Ye was too late to stop her; Mo Shuang had already entered the depths of the dense forest. His face changed. There were fierce beasts in the dense forest north of the paddock. Usually, unless the guards were equipped with crossbows, they would never set foot inside. Even if Mo Shuang had strong martial arts, he feared... She is the Great Princess of Northern Qin; if something happens in the capital of Dajing, the two countries will have a military disaster.

Han Ye looked at the big tent far away, pursed his lips, and turned his head in the direction of Mo Shuang.

Meanwhile, Han Yue, who was waiting outside the tent, looked at the increasingly dark sky. His eyebrows gradually sank, and he felt something was not right. He beckoned towards the prince's guards, "Summon a squad and follow me into the dense forest to have a look."

Half an incense stick later, Han Ye saw Mo Shuang in the depths of the dense forest. He breathed a sigh of relief, hurriedly approached, and said solemnly: "Princess, this place is not peaceful. I will accompany the princess back to the outer forest to hunt."

Mo Shuang had only come here because she had been momentarily flustered. She grew up in a desert and had an innate ability to perceive danger. At this time, the sky had darkened, and the dense forest was even more eerie. She nodded, "This place is a bit spooky, it's good to go back."

Before she finished her words, her expression changed, and she suddenly drew her sword and slashed behind Han Ye. The hand holding the blade fell, and two severed pieces of a snake dropped to the ground, glowing with cold light. Mo Shuang sheathed the sword and smiled, "It seems that Dajing's capital is not safe either."

Han Ye looked at the ground, clasped his fists and said, "Thank you, Princess." Even if Mo Shuang didn't make a move, he could protect himself, but in the end he accepted her favor.

Mo Shuang waved her hand boldly and turned the horse’s head around. "Let's go."

The two of them looked at each other and nodded in a tacit understanding, but before they had taken a few steps, the two stopped in unison with calm eyes.

A few feet away, a ten foot tall black bear bowed, staring dead at the two with a pair of tiny eyes, tongue out, breathing heavily. The appearance of the black bear made the dense forest suddenly cold.
Han Ye looked behind Mo Shuang, frowning. On the way here, Mo Shuang's arrows had long been used up, and he had no more than two left.

“Princess, later when I move, escape towards the south, do not turn back," Han Ye slowly touched the bow and arrows on his back and instructed in a low voice.

“Your Highness, I led you to the dense forest, how can I abandon you here alone?" Mo Shuang refused without even thinking about it.

"You are the princess of Northern Qin. If something happens in Dajing, the two countries will have a military disaster. How can you ignore the overall situation and be impulsive?" Han Ye rebuked with somber eyes. A stern aura appeared immediately between his eyebrows, completely different from the previous gentle and calm one.

Mo Shuang was silent for a while, no longer argued, and her expression was a bit glum.

The black bear was getting closer and closer, and the two horses became agitated, and Han Ye fiercely pulled the bow to a full moon, "Mo Shuang, go!"

When the words settled, he went in the opposite direction and shot an arrow into the black bear's eyes. The black bear was provoked, howled, knocked down the arrow, and chased after Han Ye. Mo Shuang was taken aback, turned around and waved her whip, running towards the edge of the dense forest.

The black bear's roar shook the leaves, and Han Yue, who had just entered the forest, heard the commotion. His face changed drastically, and led he led the guards swiftly to the rescue.
It was dark in the depths of the dense forest. Han Ye's horse took a slap from the black bear and fell down convulsively. The black bear was teased all the way and roared impatiently at the sky, tearing the horse on the ground in half to vent its anger.

Han Ye ignored the carnage and hid behind the tree, carefully restrained the sound, and fully drew his bow. He pointed the arrow at the furious black bear, infused it with internal strength, and shot the arrow steadily.

The arrow tore through the air straight into the black bear’s eye, and sound of its wail echoed fiercely through the dense forest. The black bear staggered a few steps and lunged at Han Ye's hiding place.
Han Ye evaded. A gash swept across his shoulder. He furrowed his brow, picked up his bow, poured internal force into it, and slammed it against the black bear. The black bear roared furiously in spite of the pain, yanked away the bow, and opened its maw to bite at Han Ye. The stench of blood hit his face...

In the nick of time, a figure leapt down from a tree and landed straight on the black bear. The person held the black bear's head for dear life and stabbed the curved blade into the bear’s other eye with all their might. The black bear screamed, let go of Han Ye, and pulled out the blade from its eyes. Blood gushed out, and it threw down the scimitar. Two giant paws rushed fiercely towards the person on his head.
With a muffled grunt, the person rolled off the black bear's head and fell beside Han Ye. Han Ye looked intently and found that it was Mo Shuang who fell to the side panting, and his face immediately darkened: "Foolish, why are you back?"

"Escaping alone is not something I can do." Mo Shuang raised her eyebrows, "Besides, it was I who called you into the dense forest. If you, the crown prince of Dajing, die, then I, the princess of Northern Qin, will not be able to survive as well."

"Mo Shuang, follow me." Han Ye glanced at the black bear and made a low gesture.

Mo Shuang shook her head, her eyes a bit bleak. "You go."

Han Ye was startled and gazed down, furrowing his brow. Mo Shuang's legs had apparently been clawed by the black bear just now, and her knees were dark red and bloody.

The black bear stumbled and roared not far from the two, its face covered in blood, very gruesome.
The atmosphere was somewhat subdued. Mo Shuang didn't hear any movement beside her, and curled her lips self-deprecatingly. Unexpectedly a pair of hands grasped her shoulders. She raised her head. Han Ye's eyes were dark as ink. "I also will not escape alone," he said, slowly dragging her back with care.

Mo Shuang was astonished. A smile flashed across her eyes, rekindling her spirit.

The black bear’s hearing seemed to become more acute with the absence of its two eyes. As soon as the two moved, it sensed them, and without hesitation opened its mouth wide and lunged.
The wounded black bear was more furious and terrifying than before, swiping its giant paws and approaching the two in a blink of an eye. There was a foul wind, and the bloody maw suddenly appeared before the two.

At this moment, Han Ye caught a glimpse of the scimitar that was swept down by the black bear on the ground. He fiercely flung Mo Shuang to the ground, picked up the scimitar, and stabbed with all his might at the black bear.

Wailing sounds rang out in the forest, and blood gushed down from the black bear's chest. With loud crash, the black bear finally stopped moving and fell to the ground.

Han Ye, his face covered in blood and gasping for air, likewise fell to the ground.

Mo Shuang's face was pale, and she stared at the black bear without blinking.

"Don't look, it's dead."

Mo Shuang withdrew her eyes, looked at Han Ye, and after a long time lazily said: "Your Royal Highness, you are so ugly now."

Han Ye waved his hand, "Princess, the same to you."

The two looked at each other, and overcome by the atmosphere of survival, both burst into laughter.

From afar the panicked shouts of the forbidden guards came, and Mo Shuang curled her lips, "Why do all the guards in this world wait until the business is resolved before appearing?"

"Be thankful, at least you don't have to crawl back."

He climbed up and helped Mo Shuang to lean against a tree, tore off the hem of his robe, and covered her legs under Mo Shuang's amazed eyes.

Han Ye smiled, his eyes gentle. "I know that princess is from Northern Qin and is not pretentious, but after all you are a young lady. It’s best to be prudent about everything.”

Mo Shuang looked complicated, stared at Han Ye, and suddenly said: "Has Your Highness done these things to that Marquis of Jing'an?

Han Ye was startled, his eyes a little muted, and he shook his head, "Never."

"No wonder she didn't like Your Highness." Mo Shuang hooked the corner of her mouth, "I heard that all the women in Dajing are smitten with Your Highness because of Your Highness' wisdom and gentleness. His Highness can do this to everyone, but not to the Marquis of Jing'an. What’s more, your royal family still has a feud with the Di family. With the Marquis of Jing’an's disposition, I’m afraid that in this life, she can never like you. Your Highness, I think... you might as well give up on her, there are thousands of women in the world."

Mo Shuang looked up at the sky above the dense forest, dotted with stars, and her voice was extraordinarily clear.

Han Ye smiled and leaned on the tree beside him without answering. He looked at the stars in the sky, and suddenly felt sentimental.

A few months ago he was at the bottom of the Hua Yuan Valley, and the person who lived and died beside him was Di Ziyuan. Now it was the princess of Northern Qin who accompanied him, nagging. Ah, life really could not be predicted.

Ziyuan, there is a girl who asked me to give up on you. She has a noble status and a bold temperament. She is better than most women in the world.

However, she doesn't know that there are thousands of women in this world, but there is only one Di Ziyuan.

At the same time, news of the attack on the Crown Prince and the Princess of Northern Qin in the paddock spread back to the capital, and also included - the Marquis of Jing'an Mansion.

((Continued in next post))

The whole East Palace was in chaos. At noon, the crown prince went to the paddock to practice arrows with the Fifth Prince. When he returned in the evening, he had become a man of blood. Even the Great Princess of Northern Qin, who had just entered the capital, was covered in wounds.

It was said that they had met with a blind bear in the depths of the dense forest.  The news was sent back to the East Palace early on, and the imperial physician was already on standby. Fortunately, the thunder was heavy and the rain small; the prince only injured his arm and shoulder. On the contrary, the Northern Qin princess’s leg injury was not light, and she would need to recuperate for a month to get back on the ground.

Both of them were injured, and the Fifth Prince who escorted them back was so anxious and sweaty that he couldn't care about etiquette, so the two were carried directly into the inner hall of the East Palace, one on the left couch and the other on the right, which complemented each other.

It was only after the imperial physician carefully examined Han Ye's wounds and determined that they were fine that Han Yue breathed a sigh of relief. Mo Shuang, who was lying on the side, had been staring at Han Ye's condition, and smiled at this moment. For a moment, she forgot that the wound was being treated with medicine, and screamed in pain.

Only then did Han Yue remember that there was such a master, and suddenly had a headache. The Grand Princess of Northern Qin lives in the Royal Court and was to have an audience with Father tomorrow. Now, not only did she hurt her leg, but she was also taken back to the East Palace by him. Someone injured like this, you can’t just expel them.

Han Yue was about to wink at Han Ye when hurried footsteps sounded from outside the inner hall. He looked up and a woman in a light green palace dress with a striking appearance walked in. Han Yue raised his eyebrows, quite surprised.

He had seen Di Chengen when she appeared at the royal banquet as Di Ziyuan, so he naturally knew the visitor’s identity at first glance. After the birthday banquet in the Hall of Rende, most courtiers avoided discussing the affairs of the Di family because they avoided the Empress Dowager’s death. In addition, the appearance of the real Di Ziyuan has drawn the attention of the entire capital division to the Marquis of Jing'an's residence, so no one remembers the former Miss Di. A few days ago, he had heard that Father gave her to royal brother to be a ruren; he didn't expect that she not only assumed this status, but also took it seriously, and was very content.

Di Chengen walked in a hurry and first bowed to the Fifth Prince. Only then did she lead the maid close to Han Ye, her face soft and gentle and her eyes concerned. "Your Highness, the palace people said you met a fierce beast in the paddock, are you seriously injured?"

Seeing her appear, Han Ye's expression did not change, said lightly: "It’s nothing, the imperial doctor has just treated me, they’re just flesh wounds.”

Di Chengen did not have a bit of displeasure because of Han Ye's indifferent expression, and methodically ordered the palace staff to serve the tonic soup.

Mo Shuang held her chin and looked amused, rolled her eyes, and shouted: "Your ladyship, I am also wounded, so please make a cup of soup for me, too. I heard that snow lotus is quite tonic, remember to put more in it."

Mo Shuang squinted and smiled, exactly like a country girl entering the city. Han Yue who was standing on the side was delighted and nearly laughed aloud.

Di Chengen's face changed slightly. There had long been news that the prince and Great Princess of Northern Qin had been wounded together. The woman's face was wild, and Di Chengen had guessed her identity since early on, but was pretending not to know.

"The princess has worried too much, Chengen has also prepared some for the princess." She turned back around and bowed lightly.

"Chengen?" Mo Shuang leaned on the soft couch, "So you are Di Chengen." As if she didn't see Di Chengen's face change suddenly, she smiled meaningfully. "I heard that His Majesty bestowed you to the East Palace to become the Prince's ruren. In any case, you are earlier than this princess. In the future, when this princess enters the East Palace, I have to ask you to give me more guidance."

Di Chengen's expression was slightly cold, but she lowered his eyes and replied neither lightly nor seriously: "The princess speaks seriously, Chengen does not dare."

Mo Shuang raised her eyebrows when she saw that she was cool and tempered. Rumor has it that this woman is very proud. How had she become so submissive, it was really no fun.

Han Yue stood in the inner hall and watched the two go back and forth, secretly sighing: such a chaotic situation, but fortunately royal brother was as steady as Mount Tai. He was about to speak to ease the atmosphere when another voice rang out from outside the hall.

"Where is the prince?" This question was asked in a dignified and calm manner. There are not many women in the capital who have the audacity to ask such a question in the East Palace.

Han Yue took a look at his royal brother and saw Han Ye's eyebrows move, so he retreated to the side without making a sound.

"Replying to the Marquis, His Highness is resting in the hall."

Before the palace maid's words fell, a figure had already walked sharply into the inner hall. The visitor was draped in an ink black shawl, wore a pair of navy blue and gold-patterned boots, and walked straight towards Han Ye on the left couch.

Di Ziyuan's slightly deep brow furrowed invisibly until she came close to Han Ye and, seeing him look alive and well, finally slowed down. Han Yue even felt the entire inner hall attendants sigh in relief when her eyebrows eased.

He raised an eyebrow. He hadn't seen her for a few months. The Marquis of Jing'an was even more formidable than before.

"There are fierce beasts in the forest, why did you run inside without guards?" Di Ziyuan took off her cloak, revealing the vivid red dress inside. She had apparently come a little urgently, and her long hair was loosely held by a wooden hairpin, a very casual appearance.

The palace maid approached carefully, took the shawl in her hand, and stepped aside again.

Hearing this, Mo Shuang looked a little uncomfortable and moved her head in embarrassment. Because of her momentary spontaneity, she had almost caused herself and Han Ye to die at the hands of a black bear, which was too humiliating.

"I got lost in the forest and went far away without noticing," Han Ye returned with a smile.

"What did the physician say?"

"Don't worry, the physician said that it will be fine after half a month." Unlike his aloofness when Di Chengen asked, Han Ye answered honestly, without hiding anything.

Anyone with eyes can see that the crown prince is special and patient with Di Ziyuan.

The smile on Mo Shuang's face was curbed, and there was some emotion. She inadvertently saw Di Cheng'en's clenched hand and faintly understood. It seemed that Di Cheng'en’s resentment towards the Marquis of Jing’an was not ordinary.

Truthfully, if she were Di Chengen, she would have gone crazy long ago.

Di Ziyuan lifted Han Ye's coat, saw the injury on his shoulder, and frowned: "I brought some wound medicine, which Changqing brought back from the Taishan elder Jingxuan. The effect isn’t bad."

With such a lift, half of Han Ye's shoulder was exposed in front of everyone. Di Ziyuan was very calm, not a bit shy, and said to Changqing standing at the door: "Bring in the wound medicine."

The palace maids in the inner hall all lowered their heads, Mo Shuang's eyes widened, Di Chengen stood aside in embarrassment and silence, and Han Yue looked at the sky and pretended not to see anything.
Han Ye coughed, slightly uncomfortable, and the tips of his ears were unusually somewhat red.

Changqing brought in a porcelain bottle containing medicine, and Di Ziyuan took it, glanced around the room, and said, "The prince is injured and cannot stand the wind, so there is no need for so many people to serve him."

Di Chengen's face went white and she turned around, "Your Royal Highness, Chengen bids farewell." After speaking, she led the maids to retreat, not daring to meet the eyes of Di Ziyuan.

Di Ziyuan did not even bother to raise her eyelids and looked towards Mo Shuang. "The princess has not yet formally agreed to marry His Highness, and it would be inappropriate to stay in the East Palace. I have prepared medicine for the princess's wounds and selected some clever maids to take proper care of her in the other court this month. It's already late, so why don't you go back to the other court to recuperate before you miss the time?"

Di Ziyuan said this so smoothly, the crowd couldn't find the slightest awkwardness on her face. Han Yue secretly smacked his lips, and finally understood the reason why the crown prince had been thinking about the Di family's daughter for more than ten years. The Marquis of Jing’an, who has experienced the battlefield and the court, is truly a person who can hold the pass alone against ten thousand. This power does not fall short of the Di family. It is obvious that the Great Princess of Northern Qin is the one who is the subject of royal brother's marriage negotiations, but she is more like the Crown Princess than the Prince Consort of the Eastern Palace.

That Di Cheng'en was not on the same level compared to her, and only this Princess of the North Qin could withstand one or two, but she also seemed a little immature.

Mo Shuang was oppressed by Di Ziyuan's gaze, raised her eyebrows and nodded her head: "The marquis is thoughtful, Mo Shuang thanks her in advance. I have an escort with me, so there is no need for the marquis to send someone to escort me."

"So be it." Di Ziyuan nodded her head with a light expression.

"Your Highness, Mo Shuang bids farewell."

Mo Shuang's words fell, and she clapped her hands. The Northern Qin guards waiting outside the hall came in, helped her carefully to the soft chair and then wanted to carry her out, but were stopped by a gesture from Mo Shuang.

She turned her head back and looked at Di Ziyuan, smiled and said, "Today I invited His Highness to go hunting together in the dense forest. His Highness was injured to save me. The marquis is gracious, don't blame His Highness wrongly."

The inner hall was a little quiet for a while. Di Ziyuan raised her eyes, looked at Mo Shuang, and suddenly said, "Princess Mo Shuang, I have heard of your fame when I was in Jinnan."

Mo Shuang raised her eyebrows, "Oh? The marquis has heard of me?"

Di Ziyuan's eyes were dark and clear, and she slowly said: "I heard that the princess is superb in martial arts, valiant and unrestrained, and that all the sons of Northern Qin are in love with her. I originally thought that the princess must not be a lady of the deep chamber, who likes to do those jealous things. Two times I’ve met the princess, truly…seeing is better than knowing."

Mo Shuang looked startled, and everyone in the hall bowed their heads and did not dare to breathe. Even Han Ye also raised his head towards Di Ziyuan, saw her slightly solemn face, and turned his head away, a smile flashing across his eyes.

With Di Ziyuan's nature, these words are already extremely heavy, but from her mouth, there is a sense of frankness.

"Jing'an Marquis!" Xiao Heng, the guard commander beside Mo Shuang, changed his expression and was about to retort a few words, but was pulled back by Mo Shuang. 

She looked deeply at Di Ziyuan for a long while, shook her head and smiled. She got up, "The marquis is an extraordinary person. It is Mo Shuang’s pettiness that has angered her. Xiao Heng, let’s go back to the other court."

After saying that, she waved her hand and let the Northern Qin guards carry her out of the inner hall.

Outside the hall, Xiao Heng was really angry and said in a buzzing voice: "Your Highness, that Di Ziyuan is too deceitful..."

Unexpectedly, Mo Shuang waved her hand and said, "You think she is really angry because of my words? She is so because I caused the prince to be wounded. I originally thought that the Marquis of Jing’an was hard-hearted and didn’t care about the crown prince of Dajing, so I provoked her. I didn't expect... these two people are really interesting."

"Your Highness, you really don't intend to marry the crown prince of Dajing? Your subordinate sees that this prince is a little different from the rumors. Today, he also rescued the princess. His martial arts character is rare in Northern Qin."

Mo Shuang waved her hand and held her chin, "Let me think about it again. Such a good man, I met him more than ten years later than that Di Ziyuan. It's really a pity." She showed a struggling expression and looked towards the head guard who had accompanied her all the way into Dajing and said miserably, "How about I put down my attitude and go fight for it?"

Xiao Heng looked at his mumbling princess, his face black, and was speechless for a long while.

In the inner hall, the Fifth Prince obediently led the group of attendants to retreat, leaving only the disheveled Han Ye and the solemn Di Ziyuan.

Han Ye saw that the people in the hall retreated cleanly, his face was flushed, and he was calm again.

Di Ziyuan glanced at him, then snorted: "At Hua Yuan Mountain I already saw everything inside and out, what is there to feign. It is very simple to make Mo Shuang back down. Just refuse directly. With her temperament, she will not pursue."

When Di Ziyuan said this, her eyes were slightly prickly, with a hint of distaste.

Han Ye looked at her for a long while, not the least bit displeased, and with a slight smile in the depths of his eyes pointed to his shoulder. "You're not here to change the medicine? If you still don't move, I'll call the palace maid to come in."

Di Ziyuan paused, her face filled with reluctance, but still walked to Han Ye's side. Bending down, she carefully poured the powder from the porcelain vase onto his shoulder, and her expression eased.
The two were extremely close. Han Ye looked up, just in time to see her slightly raised eyebrows. The worry in her eyes was shadowed, difficult to discern. His heart suddenly settled down. No matter what he and Di Ziyuan had gone through over the years, and what separated them, their lives had long been entwined and inseparable.

Han Ye raised his eyes and asked, "Zi Yuan, Mo Shuang has a bold temperament, similar to An Ning, why do you dislike her so much?"

Glancing at the pallor on Han Ye's face, Di Ziyuan's brow furrowed: "You two siblings like to ask the same thing. Do I have to like all the girls in the world that have a similar temperament to An Ning? What kind of reasoning is this? The way I treat An Ning is only because she is An Ning."

Han Ye said, "Oh." Before he could speak, Di Ziyuan's voice came softly: "You ask me why I don't like Mo Shuang, when I spent three days and three nights at the bottom of Hua Yuan Mountain to save your life. She almost ruined it all in one night and wasted my internal power. Why should I like her?"

Han Ye looked at the justified displeasure on Di Ziyuan's face and smiled wryly, "You... are rather frank."

After applying the medicine, Han Ye was about to put on his robe when Di Ziyuan suddenly pulled his wrist. Seeing her looking down at him unblinkingly, Han Ye coughed, no longer relaxed as he was just now, and called to her questioningly, "Ziyuan?"

Di Ziyuan did not answer. Instead, she narrowed her eyes and pulled down his robe with one hand. In an instant, Han Ye's entire upper body was bared. The atmosphere was intense, and Han Ye was abruptly stunned.

At that moment, it happened that two palace maids carrying tonics stepped into the hall and saw their prince looking surprised and the Marquis of Jing’an seeming to use force, and exclaimed. Seeing Di Ziyuan and Han Ye looking up simultaneously, the two of them blushed red and white and fell to their knees on the ground.

"Forgive me, Your Highness. Forgive me, Your Excellency."

Barging in at this time was simply too insensitive, their prince had been thinking about this day for ten years.

Han Ye was silent, his face solemn. Di Ziyuan narrowed her eyes and lifted her chin towards the two palace maids. "Go out, without orders, there’s no need to come in."

Absolved, the two of them nodded their heads like they were pounding garlic, bowed their heads and carefully put down the tea cup, and flew back out, thoughtfully closing the door as they stepped out.
Han Ye's face became dark and he was about to speak, but a warm touch fell on his chest. He looked down and saw Di Ziyuan's hand touching him indiscriminately. His eyes darkened, and his voice became heavier, "Zi Yuan!"

Di Ziyuan bowed her head, pointed at the front of his chest, and said solemnly, "Han Ye, I wanted to ask when we were at Hua Yuan Mountain before, when did you suffer a wound here?"

Han Ye was in the northwest a few years ago, and his body had suffered a lot of wounds. He followed Di Ziyuan's hand and lowered his eyes to glance at the wound. Before he could be embarrassed by his wild thoughts just now, his expression changed and he casually pulled his robe. "After spending several years in the Northwest, how can I not have wounds on my body."

Di Ziyuan frowned, "You went to the northwest only two or three years ago, this injury happened at least seven or eight years ago. At that time, you were being cared for in the capital. How could you suffer such a severe injury?"

Han Ye had a deep stab wound on his chest, and with Di Ziyuan's eyesight, she could see at a glance that the stab wound had penetrated his chest and should have taken at least a few months to heal.

Seeing Han Ye's eyebrows restrained and silent, she thought about it and had some clarity, "When I was in Jinnan, I heard that you were once kidnapped from the palace by a spy, and the forbidden guards only found you a few days later in a ruined temple on the outskirts of the capital. Was this the injury you sustained that time?"

Han Ye nodded, and Di Ziyuan sighed with emotion, "You and Wen Shuo can be considered destined. Yuan Qin said that Wen Shuo happened to save you when you were injured, and only then did you bring him back to the East Palace. If this didn't happen, he would have been a beggar for the rest of his life and would not have had the fortune he has today."

"Zi Yuan, Wen Shuo is..." Han Ye suddenly opened his mouth, his eyes deep, and said, "Yes, Wen Shuo and I are also destined."

How Di Ziyuan treats the men in her life.

When Jili left, Luo Mingxi rubbed the corner of his eyebrows. His face appeared a little tired, and his expression was a little out of focus.

These days he avoided leaving the house, initially because of Han Ye's return.

He had thought of 10,000 possibilities for the future, but he had never imagined that Han Ye was still alive in the world.

Even if Han Ye had completely lost his internal strength and his eyes were sightless, as long as Han Ye was still alive...

Luo Mingxi let out a long sigh, and the corners of his mouth showed a touch of bitter self-deprecation.

"My lord." A low call sounded, and a plain-clothed maid came in carrying a delicacy box. She carefully measured Luo Mingxi's expression before saying, "The folded cloud cake from Fang Yun Zhai, this is what you ordered half a month ago."

This maid is none other than Xin Yu, the maid that Luo Mingxi sent to Tai Shan to accompany Di Cheng'en. Xin Yu is good at medicine and has a gentle and strict nature, and Luo Mingxi felt that it was not easy for her to be tied to Di Cheng'en's side for many years, so he called her back and kept her by his side.

Luo Mingxi raised his eyes towards the delicacy box in Xin Yu's hand. After a long silence, he suddenly stood up from the wooden chair, and the thin fur he was wearing fell to the ground.

"My lord?" Xin Yu froze and exclaimed.

"Perhaps..." Luo Mingxi murmured, "Perhaps she is no longer persistent? After all these years, maybe she changed her mind... How can I not be willing to give it a try, prepare the horse!"

Luo Mingxi raised his voice towards the outside and ordered, took the delicacy box in Xin Yu's hand and walked towards the outside.

" My lord, where are you going?" Xin Yu hurriedly picked up the thin fur on the ground and ran outside after Luo Mingxi with a worried face.

"Jing'an Marquis Mansion!"

The Jing'an Marquis Mansion was renovated three years ago, but the old study room and other places in the backyard had only been cleaned by Di Ziyuan and had not been renovated. Aside from Di Ziyuan and Di Jinyan, few people came here, and it was still the same as it was more than ten years ago, with the mottled and aged traces.

When Luo Mingxi walked into the backyard carrying the folded cloud cake, he saw from afar that Di Ziyuan was sitting on the stone steps of the Guiyuan Pavilion with her knee in her arms, dazed.
Her face was pale, with a touch of weariness.

Luo Mingxi squeezed the delicacy box in his hand and exhaled gently, unusually a little nervous.
He stepped forward and before he could speak, Di Ziyuan was already looking towards him.
"You're here?" Di Ziyuan smiled, showing a rare touch of childishness that only young people have, "I was just thinking about you."

Luo Mingxi was taken aback.

"When we were kids, we used to play in this courtyard. Look, that old acacia tree still has the knife marks I made back then." Di Ziyuan pointed towards the old acacia tree in one corner of the courtyard. "It's been more than ten years now."

Luo Mingxi sat beside her to take out the folded cloud cake for her and set it up, looking towards the old acacia tree with a bit of nostalgia in his eyes, "Yes, it's been more than ten years. Back then you loved to play in Guiyuan Pavilion, and once you even knocked your foot here. You were unwilling to shout in front of people about the pain and went back to your room to quietly wipe your tears in the middle of the night alone."

Di Ziyuan was startled, rather embarrassed, "Mingxi, so you know..."

"Yes, I was outside the room simply anxious ......" and kept watch half the night, worrying. Luo Mingxi patted Di Ziyuan's head. Before he could finish the his words, Di Ziyuan's low voice came.

"It's not that I didn't hurt, I just didn't want him to think that our Di family's daughter was delicate and pretentious and couldn't handle hardship."

Luo Mingxi froze and looked towards Di Ziyuan.

Di Ziyuan hugged her knees and rested her chin, somewhat lost in thought, and her voice carried a touch of memory.

"I entered the capital that year, unwillingly, and felt that I had been wronged a great deal. I also begged my father for half a month to bring you into the capital to support me. After entering the capital nearly all of the capital's famous family ladies came in front of me, not just speaking some sour words, but also one by one tried to trip me up... I realized that our crown prince is the capital's fragrant bun, everyone wants to take a bite. " Di Ziyuan curved her eyes and lifted her chin towards Luo Mingxi, "You did not know this, but you can rest assured, who am I? They did not get a good deal, they were all ashamed to return after being rectified by me."

"Oh? So many ladies of the world, there are always particularly outstanding ones in qin, chess, painting, poetry and song, how did you fix them?" Luo Mingxi listened to her and asked with a smile.

"Since they came because of my identity as the Crown Princess of the Eastern Palace, I can't let them come for nothing." Di Ziyuan propped up her slouch, winked at Luo Mingxi, "When I came out from Di Bei City, I stole the Imperial Ancestor's decree that was enshrined in the ancestral shrine, and every day I let Sister Qin carry it in a box and follow me around. Come and have Sister Qin take out the imperial decree and read it once..."

"Think about it, they have to kneel once they see me. Even ghosts wouldn't dare to mess with me again."
When Ziyuan entered the capital and was unfamiliar with the place, Emperor Jia Ning sent Sister Qin, who was in charge of the palace, to serve her. Sister Qin had entered the palace early and had always been majestic. The ten-year-old daughters of government officials suffered from this stifling anger and dared not to provoke her.

"No wonder when you first entered the capital, day after day the ladies of the world came to visit, but after a month there was not even a single sparrow in the marquis mansion. So this is the reason."

"One time I rectified the first daughter of the Marquis of Jian'an, and it just so happened that he chanced upon it. When that little girl left, he only slowly stepped out and said something to me..."

Luo Mingxi did not make a sound and listened to Di Ziyuan continue.

"He said..." Di Ziyuan's voice is somewhat distant, "Little girl of the Di family, I think your crying and fussing in Jinnan about not entering my eastern palace is a bluff. You hold the marriage decree of the Great Ancestor to shout it all over the capital every day, you must be satisfied with me!"

"I was still small, my skin was not as thick as it is today. He caught me red-handed, and I was so ashamed that I had to run, but he caught me by the collar."

"He said..." Di Ziyuan paused, "But I like this kind of overbearing and unpretentious girl like you."

Di Ziyuan turned her head back and looked at Luo Mingxi. Her pupils were penetrating with years of experience, "Mingxi, I realized after all this time that he was always different, all these years."

"I came back here and remembered that there was a time when we were so carefree."

Di Ziyuan raised her head to look behind her at the Guiyuan Pavilion. The long-ago memories revived in her eyes, but then returned to silence a little.

"But the Prince of Dajing, who was so proud back then, can't see anything now."

"How do you think we got to this point?"

After Di Ziyuan finished asking, she rose and walked towards the outside of the courtyard.

"Don't worry, Mingxi, I'm going back to the palace and won't let you worry."

Luo Mingxi watched her walk out of the courtyard door, and Di Ziyuan's back gradually blurred in his eyes.

The folding cloud cake on the table became cold. Luo Mingxi picked up a piece and stuffed it into his mouth, swallowing it in one gulp.

The ice-cold and stiff pastry entered the throat, the cold breath entered the body, and the sound of heavy coughing sounded, each one more urgent than the last. Luo Mingxi curled up on the stone steps, covering his face and coughing incessantly.

The worried Xin Yu rushed over to hold him and smooth his breath, but Luo Mingxi waved a hand and pushed her away.

The sharp gasps gradually subsided. The person who hung his head was silent for a long time, and when he raised his head again, he was still indifferent and calm and warm as jade.

"Let’s return home."

Luo Mingxi's figure also went far away outside the Guiyuan Pavilion, leaving only a deep sigh.

At night, Luo Mansion Study.

Xin Yu came to report the daily happenings in the capital as usual.

"You said that Di Cheng'en invited the ladies of the houses to gather in the name of memorializing the former prince?"

"Yes, my lord. Those invited are mostly the ladies of the royal families in the capital and some of the old East Palace. Di Chengen has instructed the deputy steward of the East Palace and wants to go to the East Palace tomorrow to retrieve some things from there."

“What things?”

"Some old things from the East Palace. I heard that they are some of the former Crown Prince's paintings and calligraphy. She wants to give them to the ladies of the houses to take back with them, so she must want to make those clansmen and old ministers always remember the kindness of the former prince, so that they can support the one in Qi Yun Hall. My lord, should we block Di Chengen from entering the Eastern Palace?"

Xin Yu asked in a low voice, but raised her head to look before Luo Mingxi responded.

Luo Mingxi was examining the jade pendant that never left his waist. After a long time, he untied it from his waist and handed it to Xin Yu, speaking lightly in her stunned eyes.

"Put it away, from now on this jade pendant does not need to be worn day in and day out."

Sometimes, a step too late is a lifetime.

She has always treated him like a brother, and this life is enough to shackle all his affections.

Love it!  Thank you.

I read until Chapter 16 of the English translation. And I can’t believe that you have snippets here! I could smack my face for missing this!
Thank you very much!

@mukkanna  Thank you for your translation. Can you spoil if this has a happy ending??

Han Ye and Di Ziyuan go through a lot for each other, and each of them lose people important to them along the way, but they end up living happily together.

mukkanna:

Han Ye and Di Ziyuan go through a lot for each other, and each of them lose people important to them along the way, but they end up living happily together.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have link of English Translation ??

Here's the English translation started by Miho Translations, which is apparently stalled at chapter 16:

https://mihotranslations.blogspot.com/p/the-book-of-emperors.html

And here's a link to the raw novel. You would need to machine translate it with either DeepL or Google translate. Since Chinese writing is basically genderless, sometimes the machine will get pronouns mixed up. Also, Chinese idioms etc won't make much sense at all. But you can get the gist of things.

https://www.51shucheng.net/yanqing/dihuangshu

I cleaned up portions of the machine translations for my personal rereading while I wait for this to air and posted a few of them here for other people waiting for official translations. I'm beginning to suspect that further translations won't happen, unless LOA becomes a huge hit after airing. If you have a specific scene you're wanting, I may have a "cleaned up" version I can post.

@mukkanna: Thank you for the translated spoilers!  So happy to know the end.  I’m  looking forward to watching the drama and hope they do the novel justice.

As I read these excerpts (thank you so much!), I'm getting more excited to watch the drama. The ML and FL were perfectly cast for their characters, as described in these excerpts.  I especially like Gong Jun's acting (I loved him and his fiesty but deeply conflicted portrayal in Word of Honor). 

Finally read through your snippets of the novel, and you did such a wonderful job at it. I have requests for special snippets here:

1. Their moment in Junxian City during the war when Di Ziyuan finds Han Ye in his hiding place near the plum blossoms & they spend time chatting up inside his place while Han Ye peels off grapes for her.

2. Their moment inside the Jing'an Marquis Mansion after Han Ye comes back as Dajing Prince & hears the domineering confession of Regent Ziyuan, asking him to accompany her in the court.

3. Their moment when Ziyuan was sad for Di Sheng Tian leaving & Han Ye accompanied her. She asks him why he entitled himself the "King Xuan" & ends up hearing the most romantic promise of confession from him.

I have thousands of scenes to request but I'll just hold back the angsty ones for now haha. Thank you for doing this though when we're in dire need of a translation which came as a flickering light but went out too soon.