This passage shows what happens during the time Feng Long and Xiao Yao are engaged:

"In the last two years, when Feng Long was in Zhi Yi Castle he would find time to visit Xiao Yao in Xiao Yue Summit and also chat with the Yellow Emperor. After Zhuan Xu arrived the four of them would then have dinner together.....

The other government officials were wary so kept their distance from the Yellow Emperor to avoid the awkwardness of one nation with two rulers and lead to Zhuan Xu’s suspicion of their allegiance. Feng Long was as smart as any when it came to politics yet with this he was completely candid and forthright, he never avoided the Yellow Emperor and even used Xiao Yao to spend more time with him. He liked to talk with the Yellow Emperor, to learn from him the historical events that the Yellow Emperor lived through and had greater understanding of. Feng Long wanted to learn such wisdom and knowledge from an elder, such an opportunity people dreamed of and might never experience once, but because of Xiao Yao he had many opportunities.

Xiao Yao and Feng Long returned to Xiao Yue Summit and Feng Long immediately ran off to find the Yellow Emperor. He excitedly used his water power to draw a map to show the army formations and discussed the attack strategy with the Yellow Emperor who listened patiently. When Feng Long was done talking, the Yellow Emperor swapped a few formations and Feng Long was rendered dumbstruck. He furrowed his brows in deep thought and then excitedly bowed to the Yellow Emperor in appreciation.

Xiao Yao sighed and shook her head, she wondered if Feng Long was visiting her not because he missed his fiancee but because he missed the Yellow Emperor. She ignored that pair of young and old and went to the dummy to practice her acupuncture."

Chapter 31

This takes place during Feng Long and Xiao Yao's wedding. This shows Feng Long's reaction and thoughts as he sees Xiao Yao:

"Feng Long was wearing all red and was standing by the shore.

Xiao Yao gingerly walked to the edge of ship with the assistance of her maid. She was dressed regally in all red and wearing a crown of jewels but her face was very beautifully bare. She only had on a little bit of lip tint which paired with the red peach blossom brand on her forehead turned her into a vision of beauty.

Feng Long normally didn’t put much thought into women but seeing her and thinking that tonight she would lay in his arms made even his heart thunder.

The ship reached shore but Feng Long still didn’t move and only stared dumbstruck at Xiao Yao.

The crowds laughed at him and his face turned beet red and he quickly grabbed the red lotus flower branch bouquet and bowed to Xiao Yao “The lotus opens to bear unity, together our hearts as one.”

Xiao Yao reached out for it and repeated the same auspicious promise.

With the sound of music surrounding them, Feng Long assisted Xiao Yao off the ship and felt her small hand in his but it wasn’t soft like the other girls but instead had hard callouses which made him feel even more tender towards her and he held her hand even tighter........

Feng Long stared at Xiao Yao and he was so overcome that he couldn’t wait for the ceremony to be over as soon as possible, for night to fall as quickly as possible, to return to their honeymoon suite as soon as possible. Feng Long said “Xiao Yao, after the ceremony then you’re mine for the rest of our lives.” Xiao Yao lowered her head and Feng Long smiled."

Chapter 32

I made gifs of Feng Long juggling. He needs some gifs. lol I thought it looked kind of cool :)

Those are great!  He's clearly having a good time.

Look at his horrified sister's face.  LOL!

Kokuto:

Those are great!  He's clearly having a good time.

Look at his horrified sister's face.  LOL!

lol yep. she's so embarrassed ??

I have to say, even though Feng Long isn't one of my faves, I still feel bad for what happens to him. Look at his thoughts on seeing XY during their wedding ... and what happens to him at the end too. 

Elise:

I made gifs of Feng Long juggling. He needs some gifs. lol I thought it looked kind of cool :)

Ahahahaha

LOL!  Of course.  That GIF is perfect.

Elise:
I have to say, even though Feng Long isn't one of my faves, I still feel bad for what happens to him. Look at his thoughts on seeing XY during their wedding ... and what happens to him at the end too.

He did get done dirty a few times, but just about everyone got trauma in this show / book.   As soon as they were created in Tong Hua's mind for the book, they were dooooomed!  ;p

Kokuto:
He did get done dirty a few times

Elise:

He's so happy x

He's telling the truth.  Feng Long's dream.

Wang Hong Yi sang Nothing Is Better Than You at the LYF Celebration last night.

https://x.com/afterrnoont/status/1714281517751714209?s=20