I've been reading alot of reddit posts about the ending (ex. https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/15sjah0/insights_on_ending_of_mysterious_lotus_casebook/)

-also SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER-

People say that Li Lianhua is alive. Because of several things:

1. Di Feisheng imparted him the Windy Poplar. But did he really? I thought he just gave him his inner skill, and not "taught" him the skill. And LLH used up all those healing energy that DFS gave him to go back to Sigu Sect and heal Yun Biqiu. 

2. He's wearing the coat that he left at his master wife's place. Now this is a bit more believable. The empty grave showing that no ones cleaning the master's grave anymore (because the wife died), and LLH "sailing somewhere" probably back to his master's place. But he said he doesn't want to take a life, especially that of his master's wife. So what made him change his mind? Either way, he definitely went there, because that's where he left that coat. And FDB found the beggar with the candy along that path?

3. The beggar with the candy. LLH said this joke too on an earlier episode. That he found the satchet from a dead body. And he used this same joke. 

4. Fox spirit dog would not be looking "up" like he was looking at someone if there was no one there. FDB and DFS would be running and crying if they really did see a dead body too.  Just like the book's ending, LLH is probably cripped and blind and needed help to go back, that's why in the last scene all 3 of them were gone (they were helping him walk back). 

So what do you think?! I really hate ambiguous ending. Just give us the happy ending bluntly please. There's too much sadness in the world to add something we spent 40 hours on and be sadder!