Man, how toxic can XW be? And why do I still like it even when he's so toxic XD

Because we can see an super intelligent, strategist mind; a traumatic early childhood; a survivor instinct that beat all odds; an uncanny ability to recognise a heart of gold human, from a flawed one, from a black hearted one; a beating heart of loyalty and affection for his closest family; complete loss of defences when with his 'lady-love'

sam:

I was prepared for your post to go in another direction, until I read your last sentence lol.

sam:

Masochist?

Because we hardly ever get to see such an antihero get away with things and get the girl in period cdramas. So we cheer him on in the drama because he's more passionate, vivid,  alive and vulnerably human (with all his flaws) than all the others. Also it's a drama, something to entertain us, and which allows us to entertain different thoughts and realities. In real life, we may perhaps be more sane and decide that a Yan Lin/Zhang Zhe/Tushan Jing would be a wiser choice. 😄

@Saffy88
EXACTLY.
IRL I'd tread around such a 'possessive passionate too intelligent for my own good kind of man' because the story in IRL would play out way longer .. as long as our life plays out and ZLH character type is too edgy for comfort.
ZZ and YL on the other hand give the stable husband material vibe ;-p So in IRL these two.
BUT any day a ZLH as a secret lover LOL (insert : facepalm .. who doesn't have while fantasies about men who look like him and does what he does - knee buckling)

sam:

“They got us in the first half, not gonna lie” lmao :D

i thought this was going to be a rant about his crazy behaviors, but i ended up finding someone who enjoyed his toxicity as much as i did <3 lol

Cynthia:

i thought this was going to be a rant about his crazy behaviors, but i ended up finding someone who enjoyed his toxicity as much as i did <3 lol 

Exactly! Well, I’m colorblind so for me, no green flags hahahahahaha

koreanbosuji:

@nathsketch ROFL 

Got my hazmat suit ready hahahahahahaha

"The only thing worse than a man you can't control is a man you can."

That's why we love him.  And I think some people have made a very good case for why he's not really thaaaaaaat toxic.  Think about it.  Was the only times he was toxic toward her, when it was snowing outside?  If you take his whole personality, MINUS the parts where it's snowing out, that person isn't really truly toxic.  And the other crazy stuff he does is because he has some mysterious ptsd thing going on.  His malady.  Whatever it was, idk.

I need this cup of toxic every morning to keep me alive for the rest of the day.

wait...I mean coffee...coffee!!!