Hmmmm .. 9.3 sounds reasonable . It's still hard to predict coz we havent even reached the half-way yet. I heard that Tribes's rating in douban is decreasing. NIF 2 will be 'tested' more after Pingzhang dies, coz the show will rely heavily on Pingjing. I like him, and I think LHR is refreshing and natural, but some people dont think the same or perhaps people want the same kind of protagonist as the prequel.  So ..yeah, it's hard for me to predict the rating

It's not fair for people to want the same sort of characters for part 2. It's a different show! Personally, I like Ping Jing, and I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of his character, how will he grow once he has to depend on himself, and how will he carry the burden of Changlin manor. Hopefully season two has just as high of a rating as season one did and people give it a chance on it's own without expecting the same sort of story and characters like season 1. I gave season one 9 stars, and by the end of season 2 I hope to give it the same. 

I like both NIF but this one is different compared to the first.  The new actor Ping Jing is also refreshing change. Just watched him in a 2018 movie Legend of the Demon Cat - a good show which you need to watch on the big screen because of the wonderful colours and awesomeness of some of the scenes. I'm giving it a 9.5 for up to episode 24.

I agree with you all .  I don't think that it's fair to compare, since they're obviously two different shows and the characters are all different.  If NIF 2 can maintain the quality until the end, then it'll be one of my favourite chinese dramas . I've watched it until epi 30 and it's doing well. LHR (Pingjing)'s acting is also fine.

At Episode 16 and wondering where the 'WOW' factor is...  I love the fact that it has more Gongfu/ Action/Jianghu connection than the first, but why does Ping Jing speak his lines so fast?  Why not slow the scenes down a bit and let the viewer absorb the atmosphere/enviroment/music and spoken dialogue - why rush through a scene?  Are they on a budget and trying to save filming time?  Smooth sailing until 22:15 - 23:11, again at 25:12-27:37 and at 33:00  onward at the palace scene you really notice a constant shift in the camera angle while the actors are speaking...  almost every second.  It totally loses the focus on thier words and gestures with the erratic incessant change in the background.  There is no intensity in the dialogue because it is fragmented by the continual camera change in the scene.

Now that Im in Episode 30, I think NIF 1 is much better in terms of plot and pacing of the show.  You can slow down the speed if you find they speak too fast.