This movie comes out this Friday on May 6th, 2011. i'm probably going to watch it on opening night. Anyone else think it looks good? Here's the trailer http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810026342/info;_ylt=At5ZZUnuW_ZGwLk46HqWf1BfVXcA
OMG! I am so excited for Thor and all the other superhero movies coming out this year. I kinda love superhero stuff (and I'm watching Iljimae right now which is pretty amazing).

Captain America, the Green Lantern, and Thor! Three movies I'm super excited for!

Then the Avengers movie comes out next year.
1987Na wrote: OMG! I am so excited for Thor and all the other superhero movies coming out this year. I kinda love superhero stuff (and I'm watching Iljimae right now which is pretty amazing).

Captain America, the Green Lantern, and Thor! Three movies I'm super excited for!

Then the Avengers movie comes out next year.

Hehe, i'm going to be watching it opening night for sure now. Question is, should I watch it in 3d or 2d?
I don't know. Personally I understand the whole deal with 3d and why Hollywood is freaking out about it nowadays, but I think watching 2d movies have a charm of their own. You should watch it however you want. For me, I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD. I am patient enough for that. Cause I hate going to the movie theaters.
Bimgrl wrote: I don't know. Personally I understand the whole deal with 3d and why Hollywood is freaking out about it nowadays, but I think watching 2d movies have a charm of their own. You should watch it however you want. For me, I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD. I am patient enough for that. Cause I hate going to the movie theaters.

Currently I prefer 2d I think. But why don't you like going to movie theaters?
beelzebub wrote: Currently I prefer 2d I think. But why don't you like going to movie theaters?

There's ALL sorts of people.
Anytime I have to leave for the restroom, I always happen to miss a monumental scene from the movie.
The food is super expensive.
I can't watch the movie in my pjs.
Parking.
bullet wrote: The food is super expensive.

Ah see, this is why you have to make a stop at your local grocery store and stock up on candy and drinks before hitting the movie theatre. My friends and I are notorious for sneaking whole meals into the movies.
As for Thor, I'm definitely excited, especially since it has legitimate film cred---I mean, directed by Kenneth Branagh? Yes, please! I'm less excited for Captain America and the Green Lantern, but I'll probably watch them anyway since I try to support any and every fantasy/superhero movie that's released as a way to let Hollywood know that there's an audience hungry for this genre---so they better stop adapting old novels/comics/cartoons [one day M. Night, you will pay for what you did to Airbender] and remaking old-and-classic films [still bitter about Clash of the Titans], and start churning out some original scripts.
efvrzffh wrote: Ah see, this is why you have to make a stop at your local grocery store and stock up on candy and drinks before hitting the movie theatre. My friends and I are notorious for sneaking whole meals into the movies.
As for Thor, I'm definitely excited, especially since it has legitimate film cred---I mean, directed by Kenneth Branagh? Yes, please! I'm less excited for Captain America and the Green Lantern, but I'll probably watch them anyway since I try to support any and every fantasy/superhero movie that's released as a way to let Hollywood know that there's an audience hungry for this genre---so they better stop adapting old novels/comics/cartoons [one day M. Night, you will pay for what you did to Airbender] and remaking old-and-classic films [still bitter about Clash of the Titans], and start churning out some original scripts.

Haha. Exactly. You wear your "theater pants" and "theater Jacket" and can sneak in a lot of food :P Or at least candy and a drink. It's a lot better when there is a Wal mart Right next to the theater :D
and in all honesty, it might be embarrassing but you CAN wear your pajamas :P As for the bathroom issue.... never mind. I'm not even going there LOL
Haha, you guys make valid points. I remember once when I was younger (like 7 or 8) and I went to the movies with a friend. His mom went with us and actually popped popcorn at home and snuck it in into the theaters in her purse.

And I agree with you BaT about what a big disappointment Airbender was. Let me know when you plan on egging his house, I'll join.
princess_violet wrote: Haha, you guys make valid points. I remember once when I was younger (like 7 or 8) and I went to the movies with a friend. His mom went with us and actually popped popcorn at home and snuck it in into the theaters in her purse.

And I agree with you BaT about what a big disappointment Airbender was. Let me know when you plan on egging his house, I'll join.

LOL thats just epic :D
I'm going to go watch Thor tonight. Hope it's good :D
I watched it and it was actually REALLY good. Only thing is it felt really short and I felt like they could've expanded on a lot of things, but i liked it. The CG was actually really badly done in my opinion. It felt like an 80's film because of it. Still a great movie though. Oh and I watched it in 2d
I'll watch. Chris Hemsworth is hot. ...yeah sorry. but really, I did love him in Avatar and Clash of the Titans.
I watched it in 3D and frankly I would have prefered in 2D...
mukbula wrote: I watched it in 3D and frankly I would have prefered in 2D...

lol what was even 3d about the movie? Did anything pop out?
Haneen wrote: I'll watch. Chris Hemsworth is hot. ...yeah sorry. but really, I did love him in Avatar and Clash of the Titans.

He wasn't in those. Sam Worthington was in those two. But they are both Australian.