Hello, I've been in the mood for something a bit lighter and slow-paced recently in terms of drama. I've been in a bit of a slump since Meet Yourself and before you mention the title with hometown... I tried it, I hated the FL.

Things I'm looking for:

- At least somewhat capable/independent FL that doesn't seem like she gets her self-worth from the ML/doesn't always depend on him for help. I don't mind naive characters as long as they aren't annoying but I really adore a more mature, or even cold FL [it's harder to find, tho]. 

- Some romance, it doesn't have to be a large plot and I also don't mind slow burns as long as it's satisfying at the end.

- Friendship building/relationships or family relationships would be nice to see. 

I don't mind some tragedy, if I cry I always have some tissues nearby.

Things I'm not looking for:

- Detective, police, defense lawyer, doctor leads. 

- Love triangles filled with drama and misunderstandings, miscommunication, and broken friendships left and right.

You can take a look at my list if you want to find out what I've seen already or get ideas of your own but be warned - most of the time I'm too lazy to rate a show.

Thank you in advance...

Maybe Lightning up the stars. It focuses more on a colderish male lead but it is a beautiful movie about a little girl and a guy that find themselves confronted with one another. There is also a romance story sort of.

Hayako Sensei - about a group of unmarried elementary school teachers who join together for various personal projects, like fitness. They decide to look for husbands as a joint project. The FL is in her 30s, is going along with this but is content with her life as it is. She has become aware lately that her parents are aging and may not always be with her, and is conscious that her much younger married sister is expecting. Really nice people in this one.

Maybe try Love Me, Love My Voice, it has almost no drama. The main couple supports each other in their goals of life.

maidenholmes:

Hayako Sensei - about a group of unmarried elementary school teachers who join together for various personal projects, like fitness. They decide to look for husbands as a joint project. The FL is in her 30s, is going along with this but is content with her life as it is. She has become aware lately that her parents are aging and may not always be with her, and is conscious that her much younger married sister is expecting. Really nice people in this one.

You have NO IDEA  how happy it makes me to see raves about Hayako Sensei - a real favourite!

Mr Fighting probably ticks most of your boxes

https://mydramalist.com/28051-parting-life  is another favourite. THere's more drama, but it's still very groundd, and the FL is very, VERY much NOT dependent on the ML. The real heart of the Drama is growing friendship, between the FL and another female character - not a romance, and not a sismance, just 2 women bonding and growing together. 

Juhan Shuttai might be close too.

Seigi No Se is all about a rookie prosecutor, not a defence attorney, and other than that should be a reasonable fit.

Divorce Attorney Shin is worth checking out for the amazing bromance and Cho Seung Woo's  fantastic performance

Agency is ALL about a truly independent FL, and features growth of the sort you mention

And for a VERY slow burn (but perfect for the characters) romance with an FL who grows into her life and work, maybe 

Okaeri Mone

Family's Form (have never understood what the title means). In his late 30s, the ML has just bought a small apartment and enjoys his quiet life of work, working out, and a special beer at the end of the day. The mid-30s FL lives in the floor above, also mostly content although somewhat prickly. His calm life halts when his outgoing retired fisherman father comes to stay for a time, bringing a young teenage stepson from a recent marriage and looking for the boy's mother (believed to be in the city; the ML was unaware of this marriage). For the FL, her mother has decided that she wants some time away from her husband - while there, of course she meets the neighbors and becomes involved in her daughter's life because that's what mothers do. And the parents want to meet their offsprings' co-workers.

A lot of charm in this one involving a collision of worlds, and people realizing that perhaps they confused contentment with being emotionally asleep.

Ignore the MDL description which says that they are "swinging singles". They aren't, even remotely. 

https://mydramalist.com/15956-familys-form

Shopping king louie - it's a very silly show, although there is some drama in it its more to keep the plot alive and very very wholesome

When I fly towards you - SOO CUTE!! About a high school fried group and them growing up!

Weightlifting fairy kim book joo- I don't remember any major drama, but there are some embarrassing things that happens to the female lead. 

Hello, the Sharpshooter - very slow burning, but beautiful romance, healing
Meeting You - Slow burning school drama (from high school to college)
Don't Disturb My Study - slow burning school drama, time travel, clever FL

Lou:

Maybe Lightning up the stars. It focuses more on a colderish male lead but it is a beautiful movie about a little girl and a guy that find themselves confronted with one another. There is also a romance story sort of.

Thank you! I'll put that next on my list when I'm in the mood to watch more male lead focused dramas.

maidenholmes:

That sounds cute! Thank you, I'll be adding it to my list. I'm shocked I didn't pass by it on my search.

one_moon:

Maybe try Love Me, Love My Voice, it has almost no drama. The main couple supports each other in their goals of life.

Thank you, I did try watching it, and while I adored the premise I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I loved every single character aside from the FL. [I've adored her in other projects, but she seemed so dull in this drama, and at points it felt like she lacked personality.]

burhaa aadmi I can't quote your post since it's so long but thank you, I've looked through and added all of them to my list -I think I'll start with parting life.

maidenholmes as with above I also can't quote your post, but thank you for the recommendation and it also sounds right up my alley! 

Kiki:

Shopping king louie - it's a very silly show, although there is some drama in it its more to keep the plot alive and very very wholesome

When I fly towards you - SOO CUTE!! About a high school fried group and them growing up!

Weightlifting fairy kim book joo- I don't remember any major drama, but there are some embarrassing things that happens to the female lead. 

I think I've tried WFKBJ, actually this genre isn't the only mood I get into [you can see from my list], but I don't think I enjoyed it when I watched it. The other two dramas are definitely added to my list! Thank you.

kardasx:

Hello, the Sharpshooter - very slow burning, but beautiful romance, healing
Meeting You - Slow burning school drama (from high school to college)
Don't Disturb My Study - slow burning school drama, time travel, clever FL

Thank you! They've been added to my list as well. I was scraving for another time travel too after watching A Time Called You. 

Sunshine of My Life 

with Zhang Han and Xu Lu,  I love the relationship between the main leads, especially the ML. He's IN LOVE!! lol and  he supports her dreams.  The relationship is pretty solid with no unnecessary breakups.  I also really enjoyed  the  traditional embroidery  that's shown, Its really beautiful. Future mother-in-law was a bit much, but the ML didn't let it sway him at all.  Also 2nd FL 's reason on why she should be with ML was just weird to me , but Imo,  the FL was mature in the way she handled the 2nd FL.. at least, one of the best I've seen in a drama. It does have 45 episodes. Also thought the relationship between the FL and her brother was cute.