Hi! I’m in the mood for a traditional mystery so… please recommend a high quality murder mystery show OR film that has the following:

• The mystery must be kidnapping, murder, or cult related
  • All the suspects are introduced early on, BUT the killer/person responsible is a mystery to the audience until the end
  • You consider the conclusion/mystery itself to be satisfying
  • It is one large overarching mystery that isn’t solved until the end (there can be sub-plots but it doesn’t lose focus from the main mystery for too long, or become contrived in its complexity)
  • There are NO fantasy or superhuman aspects
  • It is relatively modern (90s onwards)

Murder:
Beyond Evil
Mouse
Trinity of Shadows - here we have 3 cases that are all interlinked. One current one that is connected to one 3 years ago and both are connected to one over 20 years ago. This is like a Russian doll, so we are early on introduced that the current one resembles the one from 20 years ago but the more is revealed the more the one from 3 years ago comes out. The culprit was always a surprise tbh. Really a super well done drama, that I cannot recommend enough :)
Watcher
Nobody Knows
A Murderous Affari in Horizon Tower - murder happens in an apartment complex where all seems pretty clear but it is not. Everyone is suspicious.
Day and Night
Burning River
Children of Nobody
CHIP-IN - this is an Agatha Christie sort of drama. Super well done.
Lies Within
Lies hidden in my Garden

Kidnapping story:
Kidnapping Game 
Mother
The Kidnapping Day

Cult related:
Hometown
Children of a lesser god

Lou:

Murder:
Beyond Evil
Mouse
Trinity of Shadows - here we have 3 cases that are all interlinked. One current one that is connected to one 3 years ago and both are connected to one over 20 years ago. This is like a Russian doll, so we are early on introduced that the current one resembles the one from 20 years ago but the more is revealed the more the one from 3 years ago comes out. The culprit was always a surprise tbh. Really a super well done drama, that I cannot recommend enough :)
Watcher
Nobody Knows
A Murderous Affari in Horizon Tower - murder happens in an apartment complex where all seems pretty clear but it is not. Everyone is suspicious.
Day and Night
Burning River
Children of Nobody
CHIP-IN - this is an Agatha Christie sort of drama. Super well done.
Lies Within
Lies hidden in my Garden

Kidnapping story:
Kidnapping Game 
Mother
The Kidnapping Day

Cult related:
Hometown
Children of a lesser god

Thanks so much Lou! You’ve definitely convinced me on Trinity of Shadows…I think I watched like half an hour of the first episode a while ago and wasn’t feeling it at the time, but I’ll give it a proper go this time. A few others piqued my curiosity too, and you listed a few I’ve seen and LOVE (namely A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower).

Question re: Beyond Evil, are all the suspects introduced early-ish on and is the killer satisfying/unexpected without being out of left field? No idea why I haven’t had luck getting into it previously, I adore the main leads just somehow don’t trust where the story is going?

Beyond of Evil:  The culprit is maybe not a huge surprise but it is not the one you first are meant to believe either. So there is a mystery that goes on for several episodes. I do have to say though that I have mixed feelings about the drama. I did find the middle part to be very stretched, so if you didn't find the beginning interesting then you maybe will lose interest in the middle all over. The ending is well done though.

Trinity of Shadow - this is one of my top 4 dramas. It is so well done and has such a shocking twist (at least it was for me the case). I really really loved it but yeah I get what you mean. it was for me a little hard to get into at first too. But it really is a gem, especially when from the middle to the end onwards. It questions a lot of morals. And you really only learn all the puzzle pieces in the final episode.

• N no Tame ni
  • Ryusei no kizuna
  • Maou
  • The Quiz show 2
  • Hello Monster
  • Mouse
  • Nobody knows
  • Children of nobody
  • Stranger
  • Mad dog
  • Lookout