I'm lost in the sea of mediocre c-dramas, and am just looking for anything with good fire or spice or even just really good kilig in it.  C-dramas tend to be so tame and sanitized, and I'm just looking for romances that don't seem like they were produced by Hallmark and  directed by Barney the purple dinosaur.

@emeraldarrows

tyssssm!!  <3

+1 to A Familiar Stranger :)

I also quickly scanned your list of completed cdrama and you tend to rank historical higher than modern (on a very very quick glance). So in case you want a breakdown, here are some that I thoroughly enjoyed that I don’t think are on your completed list:

Historical-

Modern-

• My Little Happiness (one of my only 2 10-rated drama)
  • Amidst a Snowstorm of Love (first 9.5 drama for me in 2024, Wu Lei is on fire here)
  • Cross Fire (another Wu Lei one that his storyline is not that romantic, but Lu Han’s is: more about the friendship, esports competition and “time travel” aspect)

@F4luv89

omg tysm for looking over my watchlist and making a recc list for me, <3 <3 <3  some of those look really good, awesome awesome!

monstersnroses:
just looking for anything with good fire or spice or even just really good kilig in it. C-dramas tend to be so tame and sanitized, and I'm just looking for romances that don't seem like they were produced by Hallmark and directed by Barney the purple dinosaur.