The rich woman/man and poor woman/man is a very common trope in basically every country and every piece of media, so I'm wondering if there are any good dramas where both main leads are poor/middle class and stay that way for the majority of the drama? So no "climbing up the social ladder" dramas or shows where the main character is deliberately poor just so that we can see their rags to riches story. All I can think off the top of my head right now is Fight for My Way, but even then I wouldn't classify any of them as poor, just middle class.

It can be from any country of origin :)

The one and only 

In This Corner of the World (Japanese drama set during WWII)

emeraldarrows:
Just Between Lovers

Ilovesubtitles:
The one and only 

Thank you! I'll check these out :D

maidenholmes:
In This Corner of the World (Japanese drama set during WWII)

Thanks! This one looks interesting

When the Camellia Blooms (2019) - None of them are rich, they work hard to earn money. FL specially is trying really hard to provide for her son (single mom).

Chef Hua (2020) - Ancient china, ML and FL work A LOT to have a more stable life - shows their work and relationship

Hidden Love (2023) - ML is poor at the beginning, after working hard  he gets more stable. FL's family is middle class, but she's young and is just an intern.

Everyone Loves Me (2024) - Well, they just graduated from college, and their families are middle class. So, not rich, making live by working. ML is more sucessfull than FL, but still not rich. 

Love All Play (2022) - Middle class

Behind Your Touch (2023) - They are not rich, would say middle class and they work hard.

Backstreet Rookie (2020) - Long time since I've seen it, but i think none  of them are rich. ML's family has a store, they are more middle class I guess, FL works there. (VERY SLOW burn - a bit controversial)

@acpsa Wow, thanks for all these! I've heard about Backstreet Rookie before and its controversies, but I'm still willing to check it out for the main leads ?

• Go Ahead 
  • Summer Strike
  • My liberation Notes
  • In Time With You
  • Your house helper
  • Hogoo's love
  • Buzzer Beat
  • Pinocchio
  • Strongest Delivery man 
  • meet yourself
  • our Blues
  • after the rain (2 episode mini)
 neriya:
I'm wondering if there are any good dramas where both main leads are poor/middle class and stay that way for the majority of the drama? So no "climbing up the social ladder" dramas or shows where the main character is deliberately poor just so that we can see their rags to riches story. All I can think off the top of my head right now is Fight for My Way, but even then I wouldn't classify any of them as poor, just middle class.