There are a lot of responses, but Princess of Nanling King fits.  I love it.  (It's a different drama than Prince of Nanling).  The FL dislikes the ML (for most of the drama), but he's secretly in love with her and forces her to stay as his concubine.  He's only in love with her and has no interest in the other ladies of his court. 

That sounds good! Thank you so much!

Hello SSKF,

You can try these (if you haven't already watched):

1. The Romance of Hua Rong : The Male Lead is protective and possessive. He falls for her in the 1st episode itself.  The plot is mainly focused on the romance between the two. Lot of fast relationship moments. The ML character in this is still one of my fav.

2. The Romance of Tiger and Rose : This is super romantic. The ML falls for her pretty soon. He is super protective. Lot of cute (& jealous) relationship moments. The focus is on the romance while the main plot provides a background beautifully.  

3. Love Better Than Immortality : The ML is already super obsessed with the female lead (and no other girls). He is protective of her.  The ML is kind of a bad guy. Lot of intense flirty relationship moments. The plot does have other things but mainly revolves around the pair. Pretty sure to make you swoon..

4. Unique Lady : The ML falls for her early but does not reveal it (since he portrays a cold side to the outside world). He becomes super possessive. There are many romantic relationship moments. 

The FL is same in 2 & (my fav) whose acting is awesome which makes it worthwhile to watch. Hope you can enjoy these!

Please do recommend me any dramas similar to these mentioned (& cruel romance) if you find later.

I really loved the ML in cruel romance, but wished they had the same character in a different storyline. 

Noble my Love- he is very possessive and manipulative, but it is light hearted and funny.  Not as obvious but in Mischievous 

Kiss or Playful kiss, the ML likes to criticize the FL, but if she ever tries to break away from him, he will do something to stop her. 

Love 020- ML is possessive, but light and fluffy romance

Takane to Hana- comedy

Love Knot his excellency first love- supernatural- its been awhile since I watched and FL is the reincarnation of his love so he pursues her and thinks of her as his. 

The only one I haven't watched is Takane to Hana. I have been watching a lot of Thai Lakorns now. They are so good!!

Any new suggestions? 

• Love Now (Taiwanese Drama) The ML chases the girl first and is head over heels in love with her. He does all sorts of things to try to win her over. 
  • Yeut Fah Ha Pigat Ruk (Thai) = Has a similar amount of action in it 
  • Hua Jai Sila (Thai) ML is super possessive and protected over FL. ML is also a badass in this drama and has similar vibes to cruel romance. 
  • The girl in tassel earring  (Chinese) The plot is so bad and it doesn't make sense however the main couple is so adorable and it's in the same era as cruel romance and lady and Liar.
  • My Sunshine (Chinese) The ML love for FL is so passionate and their love is so deep and cute. 
  • Sound of Dessert (Chinese) One of my favourite historical dramas, the first ep is a little weird however the ML  falls for the FL at first sight and chases her.  He is super possessive and similar to Prince of Lan ling the main plot is about the power struggle in the palace. 

I am in the middle of watching Love Now and My Sunshine. Both are excellent. I have seen Hua Jai Sila which is a true Lakorn and had me like a rollercoaster, up and down! But I loved it. Yeut Fah Ha Pignat Ruk is on my list to watch, especially because of Porsche. I will have to put Sound of Desert on my list to watch! 

Goodbye My Princess

No real skinship BUT when I say possessive... bruh -_- I don't think I have ever come across a more obsessed ml than this one.

Hey now I need your help lol. I am looking for a drama similar to my sunshine and love now where the ML is head over heels for the FL and will literally do anything for her. Also, I perfer if the ML chases the FL first. Do you have any recommendations?  It doesn't matter which countries the drama is from. 

Rich Man Poor Love is about a rich guy who falls in love with a poor girl and does everything to get her including trying to kill people (Chinese),  From 5 to 9 is about a Japanese monk who falls instantly in love with a girl who accidentally spills ashes on his head and goes after her. Super Sweet! (Japanese) Discovery of  is when the girl falls for, chases, and gets the guy but then they break up and years later come across each other and then he chases her. Super cute and funny. (Korean) Jao Sao Ban Rai is when an orphaned girl goes to live with her poor uncle and runs into the neighbor who had already fallen in love with her at her parents funeral. Her brother sells her to a brothel and the guy comes and saves her and marries her. (Thai) Fak Fah Kiri Dao is a gangster who falls in love with a rich girl and protects her from her awful step-father and his minions and his brother who has turned evil. One of my most favorite drama's! So much action and romance. (Thai) When I was most beautiful is a melodrama but it is so well done! Everything about this drama turned out perfect. The guy is in school and his new teaching assistant has a horrible life, he tries to help her because he fell instantly in love with her but his brother swoops in and takes her. But the teaching assistant is secretly in love with the younger brother and of course the younger brother never gave up his love for her. The older brother disappears and the younger brother does everything he can to find him for her. The ending is not bad, but it isn't a happy ending in such that the two get together. But it was sitting on the edge of your chair waiting to see what happened next kind of drama. Beautiful scenery, lighting, acting. (Korean). Some of these are hard to find, sorry about that. The Flames daughter is really good too if you like Chinese period pieces.

Suppose to be Discovery of Love

Thank you so much for the recommendations I  am planning to binge watch Fak Fah Kiri Dao soon along with the other drama that you recommended. Also, I agree with you from 5 to 9 is so cuteeeee. I have already finished it and omg the main couple was adorable together.

N2Korean:

I am in the middle of watching Love Now and My Sunshine. Both are excellent. I have seen Hua Jai Sila which is a true Lakorn and had me like a rollercoaster, up and down! But I loved it. Yeut Fah Ha Pignat Ruk is on my list to watch, especially because of Porsche. I will have to put Sound of Desert on my list to watch! 

agree with Hua Jai Sila. Totally love Tor.  Anymore similar ones?

Just started Promook! This one is keeping me on my toes!!! Love it! Watching Song Sanaeha and Love Scenery too now. LOL Watching Song Sanaeha makes me want to throw things at that ML! Good times.