Looking for a series, not necessary a romance, where the main couple are a sassy, independent, badass woman and a stoic man (you know silent, cool and enduring sort of guy), both should be capable of self-sacrifice.

If you have seen "Please Come Back, Mister" couple Han Hong Nan and Choi Seung Jae is exactly what I'm looking for.

edit: Edited  for clarification and am still looking! Thanks!

Bride of the Century
Murphy's Law of Love
My Amazing Boyfriend
Noble, My Love
Waking Love Up
It's Okay, That's Love
Um... so I picked Noble, My Love to see what it is about since the episode was short and well I'm not seeing stoic there, more like arrogant and abrasive and that's not what I'm looking for, sorry >__<, the girl character seems to fit!

Stoic guys to me are like Choi Seung Jae in "Please Come Back, Mister", Kim Do Hyeong in "My Beautiful Bride", Seo Ha Joon in "Sassy Go Go", Go Bok Dong in "Angry Mom", Seo Dae Yeong in "Descendants of the Sun" hope this helps a bit more.
Hmm, I'll attempt to try:

You Who Came From the Stars - I feel like these characters fit those descriptions pretty perfectly.

All of the Reply series: (warning they have spoilers if you watch out of order, so watch: 1997, 1994, and then 1988)

Bong Soon - a Cyborg in Love: (a web drama that recently aired--I don't know if she is sassy enough, but she is definitely different, both are definitely self-sacrificing though).

Boku to Star no 99 Nichi
Ugly Alert (really good if you're up to it)
Who Are You? (2008)
I had to look up what a stoic guy was .. never heard it before! but i can imagine it is a posher word for boring loool

Can't think of anything of hand though but i loved hong nan and seung jae. Still ROTFL at his acting during the p*rn scene lololololololol
Maybe Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi? Ms. Temper temperamental, successful, kind of badass ... and stays like that until the end haha
Nam Jung Gi... supportive worker? not sure how to describe him because I found him quite boring. I think most would describe him as nice and self-sacrificing :D 
@oppalover87 you can't describe seung jae as boring xD, let's call it "silent, cool and enduring" type (with a bit of puppy love going on)? my favourite kind of a guy in dramaland.

@Iwyn, I was recommended Ugly Alert several times now and frankly I am super curious, but the thing is I really dislike "flashback to their childhood" trope that so many kdrama seems to like to employ and Ugly Alert not only does that it goes even further back and into "when their parents met" flashback territory. I don't think I'll be able to survive this much flashback. Do you know perhaps when the actual timeline starts? Maybe i'll be able to watch it if I skip forward.

@ViolinGal, Cyborg in Love was interesting, not what I'm looking for but the dynamic was definitely nice, I liked it.

@werwiewowas95, oh yes Ms. Temper definitely fits the sassy and badass type I'm looking for, Nam Jung Gi doesn't fall into "silent, cool and enduring" category, but you know what I find interesting in this series is the gender stereotype reversal, because in your typical romcom it's the other way around.
try boss & me. its funny to see how the stoic guy rebels against the cheerful bright girl by having a poker face :)) its such a feel good drama
Umm..Ojakgyo Brothers?  Format may not be what you're looking for though. :)

Female starts out a little bratty, but it's written in such a way that she's a sympathetic character.  I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say that she matures over the drama.  She has a backbone and stands up for herself, but may not be precisely the "sassy" type.  Male is pretty much the very definition of stoic.  And together they were pretty perfect.

You'll have to wade through the other three couples and the family shenanigans too, and that may be a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. 
@ViolinGal, so I tried out the Reply series, and ended up watching the 1988 (not sure what spoilers you were mentioning, but I don't mind spoilers) and it fit perfectly but I also ended up watching it because I liked every single character there, thank you very much for the rec, now I want to watch something similar xD (the 1997 and 1994 don't have the same feel to me)

@zeamays Tried couple episodes of Ojakgyo Brothers, not sure about it, I think you were right when you said "wade through the other three couples and the family shenanigans" xD
If you liked Reply 1988, the next best would be Reply 1997. Try it after sometime though cause you'll keep thinking of 1988 if you watch it now. :D

Orange Days (set in university) is also great..it's a little older so it would fit the feel of the Reply series. The female's strong-minded and the guy's the enduring, nice guy type.
I think Battle of Changsha fits perfectly with your description. The guy is more of the stoic type who doesn't talk much, while the girl behaves like a spoiled brat at the beginning, but matures over the course of the story. It's a very realistic war drama that focuses on family, romance is more subtle, yet still one of the most powerful. It will put you through all kinds of emotions and I enjoyed it as much as Reply 1988, though it's heavier of course given the serious theme.
How To Meet a Perfect Neighbor, the stoic guy comes on in the 2nd episode.

It's more of a slice of life drama, very underrated and has some very funny lines.
@juls - yeah there is nothing really like Reply 1988, it's in a category all in itself, i don't really know what else to recommend to you that's like it besides the other Reply series that have similar friend dynamics, but not really the same family dynamic