mylxiong:

So Wa, I agreed with your assessment of the hero in Sound of Desert.  He is one of my very small pool of favorite heroes in drama land. I like the fact that he loves the FL but he does not do foolish things just for the sake of love. I hate it when the ML forsakes the lives of others for the sake of the FL like in Too late to say I Love You. (I can't get over the fact that the ML in that drama LEFT his troops in the MIDDLE of a war to drink and dance with the FL. WTF?? That is not love. That is just idiotic!) ML that does that are weak in my eyes and I hate alpha males that are so emotionally weak that they cannot function. 

I think you either didn't pay attention well enough or misunderstood the actions of the ML in Too  Late To Say I Love You. He didn't leave in the middle of a war to go drink and dance with the FL. 

War is not a constant, ongoing event every minute of every day. It's broken up into battles and not every battle is fought on the same day, or even at the same time if it's on the same day. One company (one troop of soliders) may be fighting in one region and while another company may be sitting around waiting for the enemy to come out & fight. That's how war works. It is not constant fighting and bloodshed nonstop. There are in fact periods when the troops are bored out of their skulls with nothing much to do because they're either waiting on instructions or the other side (the enemy) may be taking a break too.

In between those battles the generals and troops have brief moments to do other things (sleep, replenish supplies, write or call their families back home, strategize etc). 

In ancient times, army generals actually took their families - wives and children - in caravans with them into war, except they will be kept far away from the front lines and be well protected by many companies of troops.

In WWII, troops would sit around for days in woodlands waiting to fight.

In the Viet nam war, there were many breaks in between battles to 'celebrate' certain national events ... like the Tet holiday - although in truth the Viet Cong taking a break for Tet holiday was a rouse they cleverly used to disarm (because they thought there'd be no fighting that particular day) and ambush the unsuspecting Americans, ultimately winning the war. 

It is true that generals, as the ML in Too Late is, must always be on alert and can never really let their guard down ..., while their men take a rest. However, they are humans too and eventually they HAVE to take a break to be able to effectively lead their men. Some generals drink, take drugs, talk with their families, read comic books, visit prostitutes etc to escape the stress and burden of war. 

Heck, Hitler even married Eva Braun and had a grand reception in one of his bunkers right in the middle of WWII. So a general taking a moment with his woman, is not totally as unheard of during a war as you might think it is.

Therefore, whenever you saw the ML in Too Late with the FL, it was one of those moments when there was a lull in fighting. It's not like he'd be in the middle of fighting and then all of sudden he decides to walk off the battlefield to go see the FL. That's ridiculous. That did not happen. I understand that, if you don't really understand how war works, it might look like that's what he's doing, but it's not.

I just needed to clarify that for anyone who might read your comment and decide against the drama because of what you said. Too Late To Say I Love You is definitely a drama worth watching for those who love passionate romances & who love possessive, protective alpha male MLs like the OP asked for.

1. PrettyCarEye I just started to watch Too Late to Say I Love You again. And yes, he did just leave in the middle of a freaking war just to tell the FL not to marry the other guy. His officers are panicking bc he could not be found on the battlefield. And the FL is also asking him why he is there in the middle of  a war. So yes, while I understand men at war are still men, in this case the ML is just a love-sicked puppy and abandon his troops, however temporarily. He didn't just visit the prostitute next door, he went into the enemy territory . I mean that is pretty romantic and swoon-worthy but damn, in real life, what he did is unacceptable!
 mylxiong:
  1. PrettyCarEye I just started to watch Too Late to Say I Love You again. And yes, he did just leave in the middle of a freaking war just to tell the FL not to marry the other guy. His officers are panicking bc he could not be found on the battlefield. And the FL is also asking him why he is there in the middle of  a war. So yes, while I understand men at war are still men, in this case the ML is just a love-sicked puppy and abandon his troops, however temporarily. He didn't just visit the prostitute next door, he went into the enemy territory . I mean that is pretty romantic and swoon-worthy but damn, in real life, what he did is unacceptable!

It's been a minute since I watched the drama so I can't recall the scene you're talking about. I won't deny what you're saying or say your interpretation of what you saw is wrong, but given how you totally misrepresented the drama with your very first comment, I'm inclined to not take your word for it. I'd have to rewatch the drama, and the particular scene you mentioned, for myself to see if what you say is actually true. My gut's telling me that you're either exaggerating the events or things didn't go down exactly as you described.

I'm a somewhat picky viewer, when characters act or behave atypically or non-nonsensically, it's something I usually remember. Yet I don't remember the ML doing anything so bizarre I had to raise my earbrows and say what the hell (at least not in the context of what you're talking about). I remember him being a very human character - a passionate, driven man, who tried to create situations in which he could fight the war & protect his love/not lose his love at the some the time. Sometimes he miscalculated certain things or outright made mistakes ... but so what? Is that so unusual for a human being to mess up sometimes? Nope.

Again, wartime love is NOT unusual in real life as you might think. Like I mentioned previously, Hitler married right in the middle of WWII when allied forces were dropping bombs on Berlin all around him. I think it was also around the time of his marriage to Eva Braun that the battle of Normandy - where thousands of German soldiers perished - occurred. So how do you explain that, hmm? Would you also call Hitler - a man who orchestrated the genciode of millions of people - a 'love sick puppy who abandoned his troops' ... just because he took a moment in the middle of a bloody war to enjoy a short escapade with his woman? If you study some of the great battles in world history as I have, there are many many other examples of love playing out in times of war, because it's humans who fight wars, not robots. Just because a war is ongoing, doesn't mean other aspects of life - including love - stops. In fact, during wartimes love becomes even more intensified because nobody knows who's going to perish or survive (and that uncertainty can & does make people take insurmountable risks). This is why Too Late was indeed such a great love story ... because it depicted that uncertainty & desperation between the lovers so well. So again, while you might think wartime love as shown in this drama is unrealistic, it isn't.

Now is Too Late, overall, a perfect drama? No. But it isn't because of the reasons you nitpick. That's the least of the drama's problem actually (well, imo).

Shaurya and anokhi ki kahani (Hindi serial)

Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon (Hindi serial)

Hercai (Turkish) 

Sen anlat karadeniz (Turkish)