Want an action thriller where mc is essentially op. He is strong, smart as well as handsome. Really want good action and I want a modern setting. Romance would be awesome. I have already watched city hunter and it fulfills all my requirements.

1) descendants of the sun
2) healer
3) w - two worlds 
4) iris ( its on my ptw list but apparently the reviews are amazing)
My all time favorite in this category is Cruel City - gangster action drama with a lot of fighting scenes, strategics, treason but also unexpected loyalty and honest feelings

My Beautyful Bride - the fiance of a bank employee get kidnapped. He will learn more about her dark past but nevertheless do everything and fight everybody to get her back. 

Others I could recommand are not in a modern setting but at least during the 1930th. Maybe you give it a try:
Inspiring Generation
-the lifetime story of a village-boy who becomes one of the most famous gangsters of Shanghai.He is strong, calm and kind hearted but show no mercy if he protects what he loves. He becomes very intelligent and cunning while time being. If you like martial art as well, this is a great drama.

All three of them are more dark than for example City Hunter, but maybe you like them.

i want the mc to be someone on the good side i.e. police or bodyguard 
Memory Lost - it has romance and action; the mc is smart and collected and knows how to fight (so does the female lead). It has 3 seasons too, so it covers a lot of stuff - the relationship between the main leads, their individual backstory (though, they are connected) and their chasing as police officers after a group of terrorists. It's a really good drama!
+ 1 cruel city (you say you want the mc to be on the good side, but watch it... Really!)
+ 1 healer
and I haven't seen it completely, but maybe man to man? 
@NitinAmbati ok, than Cruel City doesn't fit exactly, Inspiring Generation doesn't sound like that, but he is the good one :) and male lead of my beautyful bride is  the good one too
I just remember another one. beside Healer there is K2 that should fit most to what you are searching for. The feeling is a little like City Hunter and Healer