winnie19 wrote: See I didn't know that Jdrama mainly have romance as a subplot - that's why it's good to speak with the experts on here!!

Well that's not just Jdrama. 75% of all stories have some romance involved. But yeah, that's why i tried to rec the ones that have more than just subplot romance, but instead have main plot romance. lol
Half of the stories that only have romance are boring so they have a story and put romance to attract extra viewers that enjoy romance.
Try from classic era '90: Tokyo Love Story, Long Vacation, 101st Marriage Proposal, love beach,... :D
Tried Pride and Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - it's not a super big in romance but it's good :)
darkangel662008 wrote: Tried Pride and
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - it's not a super big in romance but it's good :)

I have seen Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - agreed it was really good. Pride is already on my ptw.

Thanks!!!
oh man Pride is a good one try Lunch Queen , Mei-chan no Shitsuji
winnie19 wrote: I have seen Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - agreed it was really good. Pride is already on my ptw.

Thanks!!!

When I have time to scan my list..I'll recommend more:)
In addition to the good suggestions above, here are a few that might work (the top 2 are probably the best fit): Lunch Queen--Cute, light, funny. Although it doesn't really have chemistry, romance is the main plot line and it ends happy too. Ordinary People (Asunaro Hakusho)--A little bit old, but really sweet romance story. Some drama, but ends well. Takuya Kimura is an added bonus. Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta--About love and marriage and everything in between. Pretty angsty, but lovely ending. Hotaru no Hikari--Hilarious! About falling in love. Not a very mature romance, but happy ending. Tokyo Friends--This one is short and sweet. It's a friendship drama as much as a romance one, but it's one of my favorites. Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake--Deeply touching and romantic love story. Imo, the ending is happy. Although that's debatable. Last Friends--Love triangles and dark romance. Happy ending, but you have to wade through a lot of angst first. Sore wa Totsuzen Arashi no youni--Wistful romance. Really good drama. Happy ending, but not necessarily what you might expect. Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu--This one is probably more on the order of a Love Shuffle type show. Romance and the psychology of relationships is the main theme, but it doesn't focus on one love story.
Ahh...thanks Jdrama experts!! You've been great with the recs! I'm going to look into them and will be adding some to watch. I like switching between K and Jdrama :)
Buzzer Beat and Kimi Wa Petto ;)