Are there any dramas that have this exact combination of couple character traits besides The Story of Minglan? I find that if a male lead is both devoted and powerful, the female lead is kind of just there to save for him all the time rather than being impressive in her own respect, or vice versa. Also, I’d prefer if this were the main couple, not a lead with the second lead like Story of Yanxi Palace

If you do have something to recommend, it can be from any nation! I’d rather watch something historical but if these character traits are present in modern dramas I’m open to those too. 

Sound of the Desert maybe? This is very romance-centered on a love triangle. She is capable and a savvy businesswoman. The guys are very dedicated to her. Liking it will also depends on which guy you root for too. 

Legend of fu yao (exactly what you are looking for!) In the beginning she is very young and a bit clumsy. However, she becomes an amazing fighter and strategist! ML is mysterious and powerful and loves her so heart aching much

General and I - she is an amazing war strategist, and he is the General of the enemy. I love her character and he adores her so much!

City Hunter - he is about to take revenge on high politicians, and she is part of the security in the blue house 

The King2 Hearts - she is a North Korean soldier, and he is a South Korean prince.

Ten miles of peach blossom - she is the most powerful goddess in the fox clan, and he is the prince of the dragons. They meet in 3 lives...

The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983)

Both the male lead and female lead know martial arts.  They both love each other, and the female is smarter than the male.

The Itaewon Class's Cho Yi Seo  must be what you are searching for.