I never watched that many of the chinese historical dramas that came out in 2020, because after watching the trailers and reading the comments on MDL I would always end up being put off watching them. I don't really like watching historical dramas that have too much comedy in them, I prefer them to be more serious with the occasional joke, and I like there to be quite a bit of romance. I started watching 'Twisted fate of love' recently but I started reading the comments on MDL and got put off watching it. There has been a lot of Historical Chinese dramas coming out but when I watch the trailers most of them seem to comedic, like I miss watching the deepness of 'Ashes of love' and TMOPB...There doesn't seem to be many dramas like that anymore :(   Please recommend me some dramas that you think were really good that came out in 2020 or if there are some that are airing in 2021 that you think seem good so far please let me know 

Currently airing and very promising so far is => The Rebel Princess 

i liked love and redemption

Serenade of Peaceful Joy - slow burn palace drama (I like the FL)

Maiden Holmes - your standard  detective romance drama

Fake Princess - a bit more on the comedy side 

Historical dramas are my bread and butter. My favorite last year by far was Love and Redemption. My other favorite from last year is a Taiwanese drama, The Ghost Bride. You may also like the film Enormous Legendary Fish. So far my favorite currently airing drama is A Girl Like Me, although there are comedic elements. The female lead is one of the strongest I have ever seen in a Chinese drama though so I think it's worth watching it just for her.