so I am looking for a drama/anime series where FL is very cunning and can manipulate people and outcomes, and is not outsmarted downright by any other character in drama (not even ML preferably, I can handle equal skills too but FL should NOT be inferior to ML).

The FL must be cunning strategist and preferably someone who isn’t afraid to kill if necessary. She also must have the resources to put her skills to test. And even if she gets rescued it should be within her calculations (mostly). If there is presence of a team with ML she must be at par or better than everyone on the roster. I would love if u mention an approximate of how many times she gets genuinely rescued/defeated in ur recs.

More or less, she must have moments that makes you think god maxed out her iq.

Here are some that I have watched:

1. Hyena

2. Young Blood

3. Miss Devil

4. Kakegurui 

5. Seirei no moribito (anime only/Live version focuses more on martial arts)

6. Ghost in the shell(anime)

A lot of cop drama fits too plz suggest as many names that come to ur mind I can get picky.

Also idm anime or western TV shows or manga/novel/webtoon etc. just no movies. Can be of any country as long as I get access to eng translation/subs. All genres are welcome but I love political/crime one more.

I haven’t finished but yangxi Palace & minglan probably fits too

Rise of Phoenixes 

ML is great, charismatic, smart and with strategic brain too, but FL never gets in his shadow, if not even bests him. they are true partners, equals which is rare even in modern dramas, not to mention historical + with so smart ML. they have so great chemistry as partners, friends and fellows you even think romance isn't necessary, but there is very good emotional slow burn romance

• Itaewon Class - kdrama
  • Nothing But Gold Can stay - Cdrama
  • Queen Insoo - Kdrama
  • Killing Eve - US Series
  • Hanna - US Series
  • Scandal - US series
  • The Sands of Time - Novel by sidney Sheldon
  • Rebirth of the malicious empress of military lineage - Cnovel with transmigration FL (future to past self) out to get revenge on the man she loved ans the relatives who put her family to doom. The ML is a helps her to destroy her enemies, and though most the leg work of her revenge comes from the ML, she does all the planning. There can be considered 2 'defeat' in the whole novel, one she retreated to fight another day, and another is when she went into coma where for her to understand why she came back to the past after her death.