I've really been in a mood for a historical drama, however I know many have sad endings. I'm looking for ones that end happily or at least on the sweeter side of bitter sweet. I enjoy political intrigue and romance, so those are a plus. And I don't care from what country. Thank you.

The Princess' Man is one of my all time favorite dramas. Its not a lighthearted romcom, its full of angst tears and blood. But the love story is so deep, beautiful and touching. Many were not happy with the ending but for me it was nice since they only followed history (yes this drama is based on some events that happened IRL), the OTP were still together in the end It's a forbidden kind of romance described as Joseon version of Romeo and Juliet.  

Fake Princess (2020)A cute fluffy drama about a bandit (FL) pretending to be the bride of the Crown Prince (ML); of course, there is some politics involved, which the FL helps him with. 

Eternal Love (2017) It's kind of hard to describe the drama, so I'll try my best. This about three lives, basically the ML and the FL being reincarnated three times. It's really good but is more historical fantasy. It has 58 episodes.

The Romance of Tiger and Rose-The FL is an aspiring screenwriter, and the ML is an actor who refuses to act in the role she is written. Suddenly the FL goes inside her own script, and she becomes the Third Princess, who doesn't survive after the third episode and gets killed by the ML. Knowing her own script, her goal is to survive and to return to her original world.

The Eternal Love (2017)- FL goes back in time and wakes up in Qu Tan Er's body and is forced to marry the 8th prince (ML). Every time one of them falls unconscious or tells a lie, the person who controls the Qu Tan Er's body switches. 

The Romance of Hua Rong (2019)- FL descended from a family of generals she has a strong personality and runs away from home suddenly she is capture by a pirate (ML). FL is forced to be his bride but, she eventually escapes. This is the journey of them falling in love and the ML trying to find her. I really like this one; I often rewatch it.

(Most of the Cdramas have a happy ending)

• The moon embracing the sun
  • 100 days my prince
  • Master of the mask
  • Tale of Nokdu