From episode 14, his name is YOON YOON JE. It's on his desk. It's NOT YOON YOON JAE. >.<;; 윤윤제 (Yoon Yoon Je). See, it says that, which is in hangeul Yoon Yoon Je. NOT 윤윤재 (Yoon Yoon Jae). Official website, on the wayback machine last version: https://web.archive.org/web/20210204082329/https://program.tving.com/tvn/reply1997/4/Contents/Html/?h_seq=2. What does it say? Yoon Yoon Je in Hangeul:

In Episode 14: https://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/kimYunmi/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-21%20at%206.56.28%20AM_zpsbdjvycd3.jpg

Oh look, it says Yoon Yoon Je.

Deal with it, Dramabeans was wrong and didn't look up the name the entire SIXTEEN EPISODES she recapped it. Neither were the subbers correct because they relied on Dramabeans over reading the hangeul on the official website from TVN.  Why did dramabeans get it wrong and insist on getting it wrong even after people pointed out the error? A pointof being stubborn and pride because they didn't want to admit they got it wrong, even after being chased by Koreans who read the website.

So don't edit it back to Yoon Yoon Jae. It's flat out wrong. Also, I'm Korean. But you can look up the hangeul easily.

Also, for the people editing it on wikipedia, they aren't reading the link I put up. Popular doesn't mean right. It can also be popularly wrong. And it does matter. The set of hanja for Je and Jae are different.

I don't know anything about the backstory behind this issue, but I started trying to teach myself hangul about a year ago, and I can tell you at least from a west-coast-american standpoint... It took me about 6 months to learn how to properly pronounce 어 because we don't have that vowel sound in our vocabulary at all... and the difference in sound between 에 and 애 is also really hard to distinguish.  To this day, I have to use the french word "pepe" as a guideline for which is which.  The first syllable is "peh" and the second is "Pae" but the sounds are so close to the same thing that there are a lot of english words where an "e" or an "ae" could be interchangeable in the way they're pronounced.

The official romanization of hangul - for that reason - isn't really that useful for english readers, I've found.  I never use it.  I figure, just learn how to read hangul, it's easier than trying to read romanized korean.  어 is romanized as "eo" but in english, we never use "eo" anyways.  So when we see it and try to pronounce it, it could come out any which way depending on the person reading it.  

Like "Seoul".  Americans have no idea how that's supposed to be pronounced.  So they just say "soul" which would be more like 솔.  Or maybe they try to pronounce it "say-ole".

I have no idea what I'm doing learning hangul, but I always thought 제 would sound long and more pronounced like "jay" and 재 would be a shorter less pronounced sound, like "jeh"... but that they'd both sound very similar to eachother, to where an american could probably barely tell them apart.

?

monstersnroses:
I have no idea what I'm doing learning hangul, but I always thought 제 would sound long and more pronounced like "jay" and 재 would be a shorter less pronounced sound, like "jeh"... but that they'd both sound very similar to eachother, to where an american could probably barely tell them apart.

The official difference before linguistic drift in about 2008-ish is this:
에 is the e in get, wet, set, met. short e sound

애 is say ah... hold your tongue there and say, "eh" by closing your mouth more.

These linguistically have drifted closer together, but maybe the influx of Gyeongsang people might have done it. You can hear the difference in older dramas, though.

이 is officially a short ee sound, BTW.

어 is eh tongue position plus "oh" rounded lips.

I should note that in older dramas the sounds on certain dialects also have missing sounds from Gyeonggido Korean.

Most Koreans don't care as much with foreigners and won't correct your inflection or terrible pronunciation as long as you vaguely get the vocabulary right. They do care more on East Asians slightly and will turn to the person with better pronunciation as being "legit" Korean. (Which for my fellow Koreans is a facetious joke about the stupid ranking system).