Although the original SB story would be TOO CONTROVERSIAL in this period, the remake can work if they change/remove those problematic parts and cast the right actors for the roles. The major reason why SB worked for me despite the problematic tropes was Ken and Anne's acting prowess and chemistry - they ignited onscreen, both individually and as a couple! Ken especially did a brilliant job portraying the tortured, toxic and complex traits of his character. The characters eventually falling for each other was believable because of the actors - they totally made you understand and root for them. There are very few actors that I think can pull off what Ken and Anne did in this series. Tor and Mark are the only ones I can imagine doing justice to Ken's part in the remake and Yaya would be perfect for Anne's role. If done right, the SB remake can be a brilliant project for MY to reunite!

Yawn.. If that really happens all that I'll do is to mark it "Not Interested". The dated story should stay in period where it belongs. I think if young people should see it, then they should watch the old version from 1970, which would help them BEST to put it in the context. They don't need to watch the 100th remake of it with "mended problematic parts". And I don't think that Mark, let alone Yaya should need the role. Leave this in the past where it should be.

I am gonna be honest and say that i am fairly surprised they are letting all this time go with not making a remake of a lakhorn they remade every 10 year until the latest one with Ken & Anne...It has been over 15 years now, the industry know how the viewers will eat up the new remake! I mean this is the iconic Sawan Biang with iconic leads as Kawin & Narin....i hope hopeee so much another remake will be done!!Its such a iconic story!